As the nature of things progress... - Page 12
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: As the nature of things progress...

Just a crazy question. has these planes been uploaded anywhere? Or have I missed the uploads.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    That there 646 floater has got my attention. Heck of a job there Nigel old chap. I have been fertlin in me paintshop for a few hours today.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avro prefect portby.jpg  

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    Just a crazy question. has these planes been uploaded anywhere? Or have I missed the uploads.
    Hi Taco; not yet Sir - still at the development stage and soon in for round 2 with our amazing team of testers.
    On the positive side; we're over the hill!!!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    That there 646 floater has got my attention. Heck of a job there Nigel old chap. I have been fertlin in me paintshop for a few hours today.

Steve
    Absolutely gorgeous livery, Steve!!!

I'm so enthralled by some of the AWESOME liveries that you, Bushi and others obviously wan't to get cracking on!
    So I'll put together a pre-release paintkit as soon as I'm through pushing polys for you all to have fun with.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post

I'm so enthralled by some of the AWESOME liveries that you, Bushi and others obviously wan't to get cracking on!
    So I'll put together a pre-release paintkit as soon as I'm through pushing polys for you all to have fun with.
    Cheers Nigel I look forward too the paint kit.

Steve

Thanks Nigel for the quick come back. hehe, will be waiting. And thanks for the beautiful aircraft. Hey Huub love it keep it dirty.

I may have just drooled a little bit..... SO looking forward to the next pre-release, and seeing what I can get done once I have a proper paintkit.
    I have a feeling that once this airplane.. okay... "" THESE "" airplanes (because there are quite a few VERY different variaions here...) are uploaded, there are going to be quite a few liveries in the package (s).. and other liveries uploaded soon after. Some nice sparkly new and CLEAN.. ........ and I fear some that will look like a dog dragged them through the garden..

HUUB!!

Regardless.. THIS project is a real gem! (I've flown NOTHING else but the 621 Trainer since I loaded it up... and what.. that was a couple months ago?? so.. yeah.. speaks VOLUMES!)

Cheers
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    I may have just drooled a little bit..... SO looking forward to the next pre-release, and seeing what I can get done once I have a proper paintkit.
    I have a feeling that once this airplane.. okay... "" THESE "" airplanes (because there are quite a few VERY different variaions here...) are uploaded, there are going to be quite a few liveries in the package (s).. and other liveries uploaded soon after. Some nice sparkly new and CLEAN.. ........ and I fear some that will look like a dog dragged them through the garden..

HUUB!!

Regardless.. THIS project is a real gem! (I've flown NOTHING else but the 621 Trainer since I loaded it up... and what.. that was a couple months ago?? so.. yeah.. speaks VOLUMES!)

Cheers
    Dave
    Man, I'm itching to see some of those liveries, Dave - that beautiful little Civil livery of yours is an absolute gem!

There's a massive variety of potential liveries for the growing fleet when one considers how many Air Forces used AVRO trainers.
    So apart from some of the basic liveries I'm working on in order to get the Project off the ground, I can't wait to see what all you talented Artists bless us with.

And if some of those liveries are going to pick up dirt, scratches and grime along the way, then we're in for one heck of a party!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Thank you downwind - I'm aiming at Easter for the release providing everything goes to plan.

Meanwhile, now that we have a pretty awesome set of flight models, we're gradually working down that list of items/details which need the final touch.
    Ok, you guys get Easter off; but then back to the grindstone. I will just cry myself to sleep tonight.

AVRO Floatplane

Hallo Nigel,

things have gone quiet now,
    What is the Floatplane going on?
    Also I still wait for the Bounty scenery.
    Yes both projects are work intensive I know

Yours

Papi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Nigel,

things have gone quiet now,
    What is the Floatplane going on?
    Also I still wait for the Bounty scenery.
    Yes both projects are work intensive I know

Yours

Papi
    Hello Papi,

Just getting over Easter here (Greek Easter fell 1 week later than everyone else's this year). :-)

We now have an entirely NEW set of flight models for all aircraft including the 2 float versions, thanks to James' very fine work.
    So we'll be putting together the final test package for the coming weekend.

Afraid I can't commit to anything re the scenery until the AVRO series is released.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Thank you Nigel

Nigel, thank you for your answer,

I know how it is when working on several projects at the same time
    I believe you to understand my impatience to your next release, LOL.
    When I have finished my PBY project and the OV-10D panels I will work on german gauges as used on the Fw-44.
    I think that this will be a "nice piece of work" also to do

Yours
    Papi

Here is another one I have been playing with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avro prefect estonia.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Here is another one I have been playing with.
    Love it, Steve!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

a bit more work on the blue one

No paint kit?? pffft.....
    no worries!

cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 621 blue wings.jpg  

Blog Entries
    No paint kit?? pffft.....
    no worries!

cheers
    Dave
    Oh Man! That's a real beauty, Dave - Love it!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Oh Man! That's a real beauty, Dave - Love it!!!
    Thanks Nigel.
    I've finshed the reg on the underside of the wings now too.

My plan is to offer this private one up wth a blank (just the stripe.. no reg. ) on the fuse sides, and a blank set of wings. And a few generic reg's.. Aussie, Brit, and Canadian. and well.. if someone wants to play.. a psd of the fuse with the stripe to use with the paint kit.
    I also have plain white wings, blue leading edged (shown here), and blue undersides.

Can't wait to see what my 'bought at a military surplus auction' 621 Trainer is going to look like on floats!! oh man.....:-)

Over the southern Mediterranean, just west of the Nile Delta. Still on my circumnavigation of the Sahara while testing.. :-) changed from the RAF silver one in Port Said for this leg.. to finish up the paint work...
    cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 621 ABBY over the southern Med..jpg   621 ABBY over the southern Med. 2.jpg  

and have taken a side trip to Greece!

As Nigel suggested QUITE a while back, I've made a slight detour in my Sahara trip and headed north from Labrar in Libya, across the Med. to Triodon, a small airfield in Greece.

Not sure fi I should wait here for the "NEW" beta test model with it's upgrades to be delivered, or fly north to a more populated area like Tripoli. good news is, the weather here is great! as are the restaurants..

ps.....THAT was a long overwater leg... not much to see but lots of blue water. Good thing the compass works! Sooooo looking forward to the return trip south!

Cheers
    Dave

Blog Entries

AVRO series beta test pack

Greetings Gentlemen,

Test team members should now have received what I hope will be the final test package for all versions except the Prefect and PWS-18 which I am still developing for a separate beta round.

Many, many thanks!

Nigel

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

SOH-CM-2023

Nigel,
    Thanks, just done a bit of crazy flying in FS9....loverly, but can't spin the blighter!!!!! Otherwise looks fantastic & flies like a bird.......easy to roll, hesitation roll, loop, cuban & land. Power seems to be good - not too quick out of the trap. Off a bit later to see what FSX does to it. Congrats on start procedure Magoo(?)
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Nigel,
    Thanks, just done a bit of crazy flying in FS9....loverly, but can't spin the blighter!!!!! Otherwise looks fantastic & flies like a bird.......easy to roll, hesitation roll, loop, cuban & land. Power seems to be good - not too quick out of the trap. Off a bit later to see what FSX does to it. Congrats on start procedure Magoo(?)
    Keith
    Thanks Keith,

Man, that's fast turnaround Sir!

No, I can't spin the blighter either... still, I'm encouraged that she's otherwise performing well for you.

Magoo has done an AWESOME job on all the flight models

The outstanding start procedure is the genius of Roman Stoviak aka Spokes2112.
    THANK YOU, ROMAN!!! :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Nigel,
    Keith
    I'll have a try later, at work presently.
    Did you try with slats locked in Keith?

Ttfn

Pete

Greetings Gentlemen,

Test team members should now have received what I hope will be the final test package for all versions except the Prefect and PWS-18 which I am still developing for a separate beta round.

Many, many thanks!

Nigel
    quick and messy for the time being.. still gotta work around the texture mapping changes.. but I couldn't resist...

I just HAD to see what she looked like on floats!!

oh my........

and soon.. the testing on the new flight model begins.. and I start getting used to the new texture bitmaps... fun.... you betcha!

tied up with too many things at present to go wring the new model out.. but I see others are already chucking her round the wild blue yonder! can't wait! :-)

Thanks again Nigel!! ps.. those pics are over the Med.. in Greek waters.. just sayin! :-)

cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 646 on floats.jpg   646 on floats 3.jpg   646 on floats 2.jpg  

Blog Entries
    quick and messy for the time being.. still gotta work around the texture mapping changes.. but I couldn't resist...

I just HAD to see what she looked like on floats!!

oh my........

and soon.. the testing on the new flight model begins.. and I start getting used to the new texture bitmaps... fun.... you betcha!

Thanks again Nigel!! ps.. those pics are over the Med.. in Greek waters.. just sayin! :-)

cheers
    Dave

Good man, Dave!

That awesome paint sure looks purrrdy over the Med.

Hope you like the NEW Mongoose interior sounds, too. :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members who have read this thread: 0