As the nature of things progress... - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: As the nature of things progress...

SOH-CM-2023
    Copied & pasted new cfg, but still not triggering on engine start - all is quiet! :-(

BTW listened to the xshutdown wav sounds good, how about using that sound from inside the aircraft, at the moment its too quiet!
    Keith

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

_avro_621

Update correcting _AVRO_621 sound issues has now been sent to all Test team members. :-)

For good measures, I have replaced the Mongoose sound folder in its entirety.
    If anyone is experiencing similar sound issues with the AVRO_646_Sea Tutor (early version only!!!), I would recommend the sound folder be replaced with the update.

Many Thanks,
    Nigel
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Always thought that the sounds were still a work in progress... so I left this one alone. But there is a slight difference in the way the 621 sounds after installing the update..... Going to have a chat with the young lads at the "Service Hangar" about this.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Nigel your update has corrected the sound issue.Thank you.

Cheers Chris

The 621 now has sound. Thanks. By the way, the Avros in general have the best Doppler effect during fly-bys of any of the fs9 aircraft I have installed.

SOH-CM-2023
    Nigel, Thank you for latest update - works beautifully. Funny, Early Sea Tutor sound works OK without this update!
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Sincere thanks to all for the quick feedback, Gentlemen; :-)

I'd better get back to readying the Prefect variants and PWS-18 for testing round 2.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Update correcting _AVRO_621 sound issues has now been sent to all Test team members. :-)

For good measures, I have replaced the Mongoose sound folder in its entirety.
    If anyone is experiencing similar sound issues with the AVRO_646_Sea Tutor (early version only!!!), I would recommend the sound folder be replaced with the update.

Many Thanks,
    Nigel
    Nigel, I haven't found a Mongoose sound folder in the update, nor in the extant aircraft. I must have missed an update soemwhere, when did you add that?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Nigel, I haven't found a Mongoose sound folder in the update, nor in the extant aircraft. I must have missed an update soemwhere, when did you add that?
    Sascha; It is there, but the big difference is the removal of the 'AS Mongoose' from the 'sound=' heading in the aircraft.cfg.

Nigel re: the prop/sound sync referred to earlier for the 621 with Mongoose, I can now confirm, listening from the outside, that the prop stops when the xshutdown wav finishes. My problem is that it needs more volume & I don't know how to fix that. I must admit that I have substituted the xshutdown wav for the shutdown wav from the VC view.....naughty of me! Have yet to check the other engines.
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Sascha; It is there, but the big difference is the removal of the 'AS Mongoose' from the 'sound=' heading in the aircraft.cfg.

Nigel re: the prop/sound sync referred to earlier for the 621 with Mongoose, I can now confirm, listening from the outside, that the prop stops when the xshutdown wav finishes. My problem is that it needs more volume & I don't know how to fix that. I must admit that I have substituted the xshutdown wav for the shutdown wav from the VC view.....naughty of me! Have yet to check the other engines.
    Keith
    Correct; 'sound' folder in today's update, IS the revised Mongoose sound pack.

Re: xshutdown - we'll boost the sound to make it more audible, but I'll keep the fine tuning until James takes a look at the shutdown sequence vs Air.file.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    The 621 now has sound. Thanks. By the way, the Avros in general have the best Doppler effect during fly-bys of any of the fs9 aircraft I have installed.
    Thank YOU, Sir. :-)

I always design exterior sounds with a bias towards what most people call 'Tower View'
    Difference is that I have a soft spot for custom 'tower' views right at the edge of the runway, 0ft altitude and spend hours flying from the ground...

Insane FUN!!!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post

Keith
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Keith!

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Thank YOU, Sir. :-)

I always design exterior sounds with a bias towards what most people call 'Tower View'
    Difference is that I have a soft spot for custom 'tower' views right at the edge of the runway, 0ft altitude and spend hours flying from the ground...

Insane FUN!!!
    me too , that's the main reason for not using fsx. I sometimes go up to 6000feet for some freeflight aero's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    me too , that's the main reason for not using fsx. I sometimes go up to 6000feet for some freeflight aero's
    Absolutely, greycap!

And it's so easy to set up and save in fs2004.

The 'sky tower' you describe is indeed awesome, especially with a good cloud/time of day set up. Amazing to fly UNDER the viewpoint and see the aircraft from above...

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Just about the only niggle I can come up with Nigel is the metal panels reflection being a little subdued in P3D!
    Hardly anything to get one's knickers in a knot about, and I think (just think so far) that I can polish them up a trifle.
    And the 'new' inclometer really works......slow rolling into inverted flight demonstrates just that.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Just about the only niggle I can come up with Nigel is the metal panels reflection being a little subdued in P3D!
    Hardly anything to get one's knickers in a knot about, and I think (just think so far) that I can polish them up a trifle.
    And the 'new' inclometer really works......slow rolling into inverted flight demonstrates just that.
    Wombat666: Aye, the NEW inclinometer's pretty responsive. :-)

I reckon we should have some heavy metal for P3D once we start rocking FSX native.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries

Saaf

South African Air Force, (CFS) AVRO Tutor, early 1930s...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 800x450.jpg   -2018-may-22-001.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members +

You have made a South African very happy indeed!

Sweet !!!

Any progress news Nigel?

Cheers chris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Lest we forget....
    Downwind: Ahhh! Beautiful pics, Sir - very much appreciated.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Any progress news Nigel?

Cheers chris
    Hi Chris and all,

Sadly slow progress for the summer months, friends - back at the farm we're off-grid and currently with a downed solar power system. :-/

Back to business ASAP - AVROs, scenery, and maritime vessels...

Warm Regards,

Nigel

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Good luck Nigel. Sun enough in Greece I assume, but when you can not convert it is something useful, you better enjoy it, preferably with a cold drink.

Cheers,
    Huub

Not good news Nigel.
    We have a decent battery 'farm' as a backup and a group of us 'Primary Producers' are looking into a communal wind turbine.
    Splitting the costs 50 ways is not too painful.

Enjoy the sun, we're in the depths of Winter.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0