DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Glad you're having fun with the model!

It might just tell you something about a harsh environment when even water injection won't help you.

JAFO did you do a repaint of the BAC-111? I had a go at doing the RAAF VIP fleet and using a combination of textures from a variety of the others came up with a passable effort - including the kangaroo roundels but two problems defy my at the moment:

1. How do you get the right side lettering to display correctly? Tail and fuselage. If I do it as per the other textures the lettering is reversed, if I reverse the lettering it turns into rubbish but only on the right side. left is great.

2. The flag colours on the tail have defied me completely - any ideas appreciated.

Other than that not to hard to work with.

This is one of my favourite jets, it is a delight to fly and this is still one of the outstanding freeware works ever and as good as some very expensive payware jobs.

Uploaded a revised package yesterday that restores the engine smoke (see first post for download link). Apparently spamming "SMOKE_ON" as in the original XML code wasn't a viable solution anymore in FSX(SE).

BAC 1-11 Video for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-G5IWcm9E

Came across this old video the other day by accident (I was looking at something else unrelated). Anyhow it is an excellent cockpit view of the BAC 111 conducting a flight from Stansted in London to Dublin, it runs for about an hour and twenty minutes, from pre-flight to arrival from the crew perspective with good closeup shots of instrumentation and readings at various stages of the flight, in short a little tutorial on flying the BAC 111.

It just confirmed for me how good the Maltby BAC 111 is, I give it ten out of ten with the additional mods to make it work well in FSX just amazing. The other thing is even though the BAC 1-11 was very noisy outside how quiet the cockpit is.

Great find Bendy, the procedures and checks are a good thing to go by ..

After a very long time I re-installed 1-11 to my FSX. Old love never dies...

But, what the problem with the tires might be? See the shot below.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-11.jpg  

Hi all
    This aircraft continues to operate well for me in P3D V3.4. The only thing I still can't confirm is engine smoke from this beast. I believe I have the latest updates - everything else functions properly. Wondering if there is something specific I can check. I use the latest version of DirectX which I believe to be 12.
    Thanks
    Warren (aspen31)

No support for P3Dv3 onward from me as it breaks backward compatibility more and more with each update.

Bjoern
    Thanks just the same. I thought the smoke worked earlier but I guess the update to 3.4 effected it. Everything else seems fine - in fact your 1-11 is the best jet airplane I have in 3.4.
    All the best.
    Warren

Just downloaded this as I really have missed this but where are all the textures?.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (153).jpg  

Just downloaded this as I really have missed this but where are all the textures?
    Tom,
    You'll still need to download and install the base package(s) from David Maltby's site (http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/bac_1-11.htm) to get all the textures, etc. Install DM's packs first then install Bjoern's upgrades. Be sure to check the readme in the FSX upgrade as there are a few other steps to ensure everything is in its correct place.

Good luck.
    -Mark

Blog Entries
    Thanks for this Bjoern.. Its an awesome gift ( and I just now saw the thread to download it ).. Too bad you have no love for DM's Comet's. He did an incredible job on them ( still fly them in fsx ).. Would love to see them updated.. Oh well.. ..

Can a mod change the download link in the first post to this one?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...fKW_fMC0ddQdXw

Using the old link apparently triggers a "Request for access" e-mail from Google Drive now which really, REALLY annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    JAFO did you do a repaint of the BAC-111? I had a go at doing the RAAF VIP fleet and using a combination of textures from a variety of the others came up with a passable effort - including the kangaroo roundels but two problems defy my at the moment:

1. How do you get the right side lettering to display correctly? Tail and fuselage. If I do it as per the other textures the lettering is reversed, if I reverse the lettering it turns into rubbish but only on the right side. left is great.

2. The flag colours on the tail have defied me completely - any ideas appreciated.

Other than that not to hard to work with.

This is one of my favourite jets, it is a delight to fly and this is still one of the outstanding freeware works ever and as good as some very expensive payware jobs.
    Speedy and efficient.....only 6 years later...

I checked.....did repaints in 2012.....back in the days before I got around to actually using layers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	84448

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Speedy and efficient.....only 6 years later...

I checked.....did repaints in 2012.....back in the days before I got around to actually using layers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	84448

Tommy
    FSX Steam Edition (R.I.P. FSX Acceleration disks)
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram (R.I.P. WIN XP Home Edition, 2 Gigs Ram)
    ASUS P7P55D DeluxeIntel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue (R.I.P. G.SKILL KM570 RBG, Cherry MX Blue)
    Logitech M510
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 (R.I.P. EVGA GTX 285, 1GB 512-bit DDR3)
    SCEPTRE 27" (R.I.P. ViewSonic 27" VX2739wm)
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

Members who have read this thread: 114