DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

The new revision is up, fixing the missing lightmaps (interior and exterior) and small visual anomalies on the 475, 510 and 510ED models.

The download link remains the same. Make sure to install the converted lightmaps when upgrading.

I found out why the pedestal and any other injected part in the VC is shaded darker than the rest. Since this does require a bit of .x file editing and reapplying the lightmaps to each and every VC model, this will take a bit of time.

Bjoern
    Thanks for all of your efforts. The machine flies well - lighting or not and I'm sure if any of the old beasts are still operating anywhere they are doing so with many glitches.
    All the best.
    Warren

My workflow was better than anticipated, so I've uploaded the fixed interior model files. I've also added spec map functionality (using the diffuse textures) to the 500 series VCs to bring them in line with the short body cockpits and added night textures to the wings in the VC.

The download link is, as always, the same as in post #1.

Upgrade by replacing all "[model]_Int.mdl" files with the new ones.

See the pics for a comparison. Left the old pedestal and other bits, right the new ones.

Btw: Anyone may give the guys at CBFSim a shout, in case they don't lurk here. I bet they'd be interested in any upgrade, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NL2.jpg   NL3.jpg  

Fantastic work. Thanks a lot Bjoern
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Does anyone have a proper paintkit for the 1-11s?
    The one on DM's site is for an older model version with a different texture layout and also requires assembly.

I might be wrong Bjoern but I think that one is the only one ever released. Not something you can jump into and start painting is it

ATB
    DaveB

I've rolled out another update.

Highlights:

- Recoded fuel system

- Autosave for all custom variables

- Fixed specularity in 500 and 510ED series cockpits

- Much more realistic spool curves for the engine

- APU and avionics fan sounds

Download, as usual here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Save for all aircraft.cfg files and the sound.cfg from the new folder, I think you can safely overwrite any old files during installation.
    Or edit your old aircraft.cfgs. Changed lines (with their new values) are: "fuel_flow_gain= 1.0" and "number_of_tank_selectors=2".

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I might be wrong Bjoern but I think that one is the only one ever released. Not something you can jump into and start painting is it
    Makes me wonder how Garry managed to paint so many liveries with it then.

I've assembled Dave's paintkit as distributed by him and organized it as actually used by the model files. The files are shipped with today's upgrade package (see previous post) in xcf (Gimp) and psd (Photoshop) format. With a bit of careful image filter application, I think it might even be possible to simply double the resolution of each texture and thus paint higher quality liveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I've rolled out another update.

Makes me wonder how Garry managed to paint so many liveries with it then.
    I did 2 paints 4 years ago ...long enough ago I can't remember how much pain it was... but from the WIPs it looks like I reverse engineered existing paints rather than compiling the paintkit into multi-layers....though these days that'd be my plan of attack as it would definitely be the easier way...

2 'fakes' ...a 'contemporary' RAAF one...and likewise a Qantas one...

See my edited post. You can now paint away, but probably might want to increase resolution first.

P.S:
    What's with the constant use of winking smileys?

See my edited post. You can now paint away, but probably might want to increase resolution first.

P.S:
    What's with the constant use of winking smileys?
    Ah...that wasn't there on my previous post....shall have a look...

The I always use is force of habit....when you're a site Admin for 6.5 million users you try not to come across as "that fascist bastard admin of Wincustomize.com" [I was famous once...in Wikipedia], so a smiley lightens the tone ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    The I always use is force of habit....when you're a site Admin for 6.5 million users you try not to come across as "that fascist bastard admin of Wincustomize.com" [I was famous once...in Wikipedia], so a smiley lightens the tone ...
    The tone here is as light as helium - except when it comes to Carenado aircraft maybe.
    But before I continue to carefully convince you to leave your finger off the Shift, ";" and ")" keys after every sentence, I'll just have adblock block the smiley. Problem solved; energy saved.
    (Nothing personal, I just find it overdone.)

The tone here is as light as helium - except when it comes to Carenado aircraft maybe.
    But before I continue to carefully convince you to leave your finger off the Shift, ";" and ")" keys after every sentence, I'll just have adblock block the smiley. Problem solved; energy saved.
    (Nothing personal, I just find it overdone.)
    What about me? Now I gotta put up with the clinking of beer steins ....

What about me? Now I gotta put up with the clinking of beer steins ....
    Beer related smileys are best enjoyed in moderation, just like the beverage itself.

Ah...that wasn't there on my previous post....shall have a look...

I always thought that was 'Frog Boy'................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I always thought that was 'Frog Boy'................
    Nah....Brad's been relatively 'hands off' from Wincustomize for the last 10 years or so. These days you're more likely to find him on Stardock's Gaming Forums [which are cross-linked to the WC ones anyway]... <---- Note....no smiley, Bjoern ...

Nah....Brad's been relatively 'hands off' from Wincustomize for the last 10 years or so. These days you're more likely to find him on Stardock's Gaming Forums [which are cross-linked to the WC ones anyway]... <---- Note....no smiley, Bjoern ...
    No smiley indeed. (Thanks, Adblock!)

Hi all
    The newest iteration of this great airplane seems to be working very well. Don't believe that this is an issue related specifically to the airplane but I have noticed that occasionally in Prepar3D neither of the landing or taxi lights illuminate the ramp but do illuminate the runway - at least with some add-on airport scenery. Just wondering if anyone else may of experienced this?
    Thanks
    Warren (aspen31)

The most recent version of P3D v3 reportedly has some issue with ground polys in custom sceneries. Or the scenery developer put the ground poly a few millimeters above the actual ground, essentially covering the default light splashes.

Small public service announcement: If you do not wish to store any shared textures for the 1-11 in FSX\Texture, create a texture.cfg with the following content and add it to every repaint:
    Code:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\..\DMFS Shared Files\Texture
    The create a "Texture" folder in "DMFS Shared Files" and copy the following textures into it:
    Code:
    111ENG_L.dds
    111EXTRA_L.dds
    111FUSE_1_L.dds
    111FUSE_2_L.dds
    111FUSE_3_L.dds
    111FUSE_4_L.dds
    111Tail_L_L.dds
    111Tail_R_L.dds
    111WING_BL_L.dds
    111WING_BR_L.dds
    111WING_TL_L.dds
    111WING_TR_L.dds
    DM111VCPANEL1_L.dds
    DM111VCPANEL2_L.dds
    DM111VCPANEL3_L.dds
    DM111VCPANELC_L.dds
    DM111VCPANELO_L.dds
    DM510VCPANEL1_L.dds
    DM510VCPANEL2_L.dds
    DM510VCPANEL3_L.dds
    DM510VCPANELC_L.dds
    DM510VCPANELO_L.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_1.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_1_L.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_2.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_B1.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_B4.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_FLOOR.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_S1.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_S2.dds
    DM_1-11_VC_SEAT.dds
    Note: The light maps for the exterior models are only present for contingency reasons because I've encountered some paints that did not contain any.

Hi all
    This is probably a question for Bjoern. I've noticed that I seem to be missing some textures from the VC of the 1-11. All the panels are present but such things as the window posts, side panels and areas around the panel itself are black suggesting that something is missing. Any guidance about where I can find the missing texture files (if available) would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Warren

Hi, you can get the VC textures from David Maltby's BAC 1-11 Downloads page HERE

Grab the 111_PANEL_20061031.zip You'll have to point the .exe to a folder of your choice then lo and behold find the VC textures in the Texture folder.

Paste these into your 1-11 Texture folder and you'll have lovely smart VC ;-)

Hope this helps!

Dave.

Dave
    Thanks. Beautiful, noisy old beast - now looks even better.
    Appreciate the help.
    Warren

Bjoern - very nice effort. This is a very nice model and an interesting aeroplane for its time. I had been revisiting the 475 model when I came across this post. A big thanks for me because until you did this work I had never been able to get the 200/400 series to work in FSX and now they do, just great. I will provide feedback later just for your interest. I always thought the DB model was great and the VC for its period outstanding really. I found the performance as I would expect but like all these era aeroplanes you have to work at all the systems.

I found this out today with a Broome WA takeoff with the OAT greater than 35 degrees. You have to use reduced power because the engines overheat in the turbine section and they require a hell of a lot of runway (it can be done but in real life would be a white knuckle illegal take off) and their climb performance until they get into cooler altitudes is terrible but then again thats how it was in real life, they had terrible hot and high performance which is why tropical and hot areas operators shunned them they were fine in cooler places like Europe and North America. I can recall a RAAF sitting on the ground at Broome for 12 hours till after midnight one day as it was too hot and they could not get off and had to wait until the temperature dropped below 30 degrees C.

Look forward to having some fun with this and will now set to work on a RAAF paint for it. Great work thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 7