Ship Flak Explosion and DPed

Thread: Ship Flak Explosion and DPed

Ship Flak Explosion and DPed

Hi all
    There was a recent thread relating to the the 'missing' flak bursts.
    I think that the problem is related to the assignment of the 'spec' line in the dp.
    I have been using DPED Version 1.2, by FLYMAN (newly modified by Allen)to produce new dp files for my ships.
    Unfortunately there is only some limited information on how and what to do regarding dp's (I use caleb flerks guide)
    From what I gather, flak burst will appear when the 'spec' line (top left) needs to be set at:
    4 Flak
    or in the original
    4 ????

In some/many of my ships I have inadvertently set it as:
    0 gun or 1 cannon

The Trig line (top right) can remain as:
    1 gun

Unfortunately my XP computer has a motherboard breakdown and has been in the repair shop, awaiting a new one for over a month. and I cannot check my files.
    Fortunately, I have now got GMax, CFS2, DPed, Allens DOS MDLC program and Martin Wrights programs on the little laptop (which had windows 7 and then updated itself to windows 10, without asking.)

Cheers
    Stuart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPed Flak.jpg  

Hi Stuart,

You may find these notes useful for reproducing "believable" ship flak bursts. I found Blue DEvil's approach worked best, so I've tried to expand on it.

No detail just miising the bursts

Hi UncleTgt
    Thanks for this.
    I think you have given it to me before.
    I am changing between computers a the moment so I sometimes miss things.
    the person who originally posted the 'missing flak' only spoke of missions in the pacific, and sounded like they were using my ships.
    I now know that I have built ships with a dp on larger AA guns that will not show flak explosions in the game (as posted).
    At the moment (without my computer), I do not know which ships have this (and there are probably a fair few)
    I think they are just missing the immersion with the flak explosions, and that was my fault with the dp.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    PS
    Old Trafford should just be ready for the summer rain.

Members who have read this thread: 0