AI Traffic for Mark`s scenery Korean War Chodo 1952 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI Traffic for Mark`s scenery Korean War Chodo 1952

George,
    Are you d/ling it from this link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=113
    It is a 60mb file and has everything in there to add to FSX.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Tucson,Arizona(Land of the Winged Relics)

Chodo

Yes. When I click your link. The file is the first entry. It is 60.0MB. When I download it. All I get is a file called Chodo_AI_Traffic.tgz. Something strange is going on. I'm not sure what and why etc.

I'm going to try the download again from another computer. Standby.

George

Chodo

I tried the same download from another computer. I get the same result. I clicked on the file looked at the file properties. The type file I'm getting is is called a 7Z file. The size of the file is 61,528 KB I'm just not getting the zipped up folder, when I download it.
    I've never had an issue like this before, downloading anything from the outhouse downloads etc.

George

George,

The 7Z file is a zip file made using 7Zip. You will need to install this program from here: http://www.7-zip.org/ to open it.
    Another compression utility that will open these files is winRAR. (I use this one)
    Once you have installed either of these programs, go back to the folder you d/led the file to. Double click on the file, a new
    window will open, click on the folder with left mouse button and hold, now drag the file either to your desktop or a temp folder.
    Once the file is decompressed open the folder and there should be 4 folders and 3 jpg's. Klaus did not add a readme so this is
    what you will need to do to install.

1st folder: FSX Addon Scenery. open this folder and there will be another folder (Codo AI Traffic 1952) add this folder to your FSX/Addon/Scenery folder.

2nd folder: FSX Sim Objekts Your AI Air Traffic. Inside this folder is the AI aircraft. If you have a dedicated AI folder you
    can place them there, if not you can put them into FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder. (it is better to have a dedicated AI folder)

3rd folder: FSX SimObjects Boats. there are 6 folders, place these into your FSX\SimObjects\Boats folder.

The 4th folder is just screenshots, you can keep or delete up to you. (same with the 3 jpg's)

Hope this helps

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Till now i haven`t found a way to start AI-traffic from moving ai boats. So i startet some little experiments. I have convertet the essex class carrier to a static model (bgl) and placed it near korea. Then made an airport afcad "on" the carrier deck, so ai planes (F9F and A-1J) can start and land on this "airport". Seams to work fine. If all test will be good... you will see us-navy aircraft in the Mig Aley and you can follow them back to the carrier and you also can start and land there with your planes.

Essex (static) with ai planes (F-9F) on deck

Just a little step forword for the update.....

Greetings
    Klaus

It works ....

Take off from static carrier .... AI airplane F-9F Phanter leaving the carrier deck ...just in the air

Now i will do the flight planes for more off those traffic.

Greetings
    Klaus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    It works ....

Take off from static carrier .... AI airplane F-9F Phanter leaving the carrier deck ...just in the air

Now i will do the flight planes for more off those traffic.

Greetings
    Klaus
    That's cool, Klaus.

A throwback to many years ago, before we had moving carriers, in FS9.

The trick I recall using was both a heavily modified .air that had really strong spoiler effect for the landing "arrest", as well as an invisible runway length that extended aft of the carrier fantail by a couple dozen yards. So the plane's touch down could roughly occur on the wires area. Was tricky getting them to taxi along the runway and not conflict with traffic on the runway - I could never get more than 3 AI to work, each at different times, so they were more like static. Didn't work so well on angled deck carriers, but Korean era might work better.

I gave up once FSX came along, and far prefer moving carriers with no AI than somewhat AI populated carriers, having to set massive headwinds to simulate forward speed and wind over deck, etc. But that's just my opinion. Expat, I believe, kept at the whole static carrier AI thing for longer than I did - he might have better tips.

Still, if you do this addon, I'll enjoy it as giving some "ambience" to operating in the area, even if I'm in an AI carrier group a few dozen miles away. So eager to see what you do with this, for sure.

dl

Has anyone here tried to generate AI traffic from a carrier with the CPP tool from FSX@war yet? See http://www.fsxwar.com/#download
    I didn't use it so far in regards to carriers, but I use it to generate land and air traffic found it to be working really well.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I wonder if it could be used to generate Japanese patrols and air traffic out of the Solomon bases? possibly US strikes to form up on?

Since most of the airfields are geo-referenced, air traffic should be possible.
    Naval traffic is also accurately (close to the islands) possible, since I traced all the islands in Google Earth, which is also used by CCP for plotting the tracks.

I would love to work more with CCP, which is a great tool in my eyes, but I dedicate most of my spare time to designing sceneries

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Some Korea static carrier bespoke AI (also using the AH F9F) I made up several years ago. Good fun to do!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I have tried the suggested GMT start times but only Mig 15's ever appear. No Sabre's or B-29's. Oh! Found the Sicily steaming and trapped the Banshee (emergency) nicely on her.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Chodo

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    George,

The 7Z file is a zip file made using 7Zip. You will need to install this program from here: http://www.7-zip.org/ to open it.
    Another compression utility that will open these files is winRAR. (I use this one)
    Once you have installed either of these programs, go back to the folder you d/led the file to. Double click on the file, a new
    window will open, click on the folder with left mouse button and hold, now drag the file either to your desktop or a temp folder.
    Once the file is decompressed open the folder and there should be 4 folders and 3 jpg's. Klaus did not add a readme so this is
    what you will need to do to install.

1st folder: FSX Addon Scenery. open this folder and there will be another folder (Codo AI Traffic 1952) add this folder to your FSX/Addon/Scenery folder.

2nd folder: FSX Sim Objekts Your AI Air Traffic. Inside this folder is the AI aircraft. If you have a dedicated AI folder you
    can place them there, if not you can put them into FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder. (it is better to have a dedicated AI folder)

3rd folder: FSX SimObjects Boats. there are 6 folders, place these into your FSX\SimObjects\Boats folder.

The 4th folder is just screenshots, you can keep or delete up to you. (same with the 3 jpg's)

Hope this helps

Joe
    Thanks so far Joe.

I had to use my WinRAR program on another computer, to get the file extracted. So. I have the AI folders required now etc.

THX

George

Korea comes to life ....

Heading home for the carrier (AI F-9F on the way to the static carrier near Antung and the Yalu river)

Just AI traffic on the static carrier.... (did some repaints for the F-9F)

Step by step... it moves forword....

Greetings
    Klaus

Chodo

Know that I have everything installed for Chodo 1952 in my FSX. I have a few questions.

What bases are the F-86's and B-29's located when they are not flying?. I did see some of the Mig's at three of the bases NKMP,NKKC,NKCU and ZYDD. I'm not sure. Either the F-86's or some of the Mig's, when I see them on the ground at the airfields, there paints are all black for some reason?. I'm not sure what causes the planes paint textures to be black?.

I haven't found any B-29's yet. When there not flying. What airfield might they be parked at?.

I'm still looking for the carrier groups and ships?. Since I don't have any flight plans to find them. What would be a good heading and distance, say from ZYDD to find the carrier groups and ships?.

I also want to ask. Should there be any traffic going in and out or parked at the Chodo Airfield (RKCH), at any particular times. I do see from some of your screenshots, there may be Helo's going in and out from the field. When I installed the AI packages. I didn't notice any Helo AI packs to add?. If there are AI Helo's to add. Where might I find them for download.

I do see one Helo at the Chodo airfield. This one may be a static Helo.

THX

George

Yust last pictures before update will come

Grumman AI in the air

Crashground... time for rescue

AI Heli on his way to the crashground (number 79 is the ai helicopter)

I think this weekend it will be time for the update. I think everything is done. There will be more Mig and US ai-traffic. Also helitraffic. F-9F Phanter coming from the static carrier and Grumman in air. 2 crashgrounds where you also can fly for rescue missions. And there will be ai-heli traffic from chodo.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by George Kuhn View Post
    Know that I have everything installed for Chodo 1952 in my FSX. I have a few questions.

What bases are the F-86's and B-29's located when they are not flying?. I did see some of the Mig's at three of the bases NKMP,NKKC,NKCU and ZYDD. I'm not sure. Either the F-86's or some of the Mig's, when I see them on the ground at the airfields, there paints are all black for some reason?. I'm not sure what causes the planes paint textures to be black?.

I haven't found any B-29's yet. When there not flying. What airfield might they be parked at?.

I'm still looking for the carrier groups and ships?. Since I don't have any flight plans to find them. What would be a good heading and distance, say from ZYDD to find the carrier groups and ships?.

I also want to ask. Should there be any traffic going in and out or parked at the Chodo Airfield (RKCH), at any particular times. I do see from some of your screenshots, there may be Helo's going in and out from the field. When I installed the AI packages. I didn't notice any Helo AI packs to add?. If there are AI Helo's to add. Where might I find them for download.

I do see one Helo at the Chodo airfield. This one may be a static Helo.

THX

George

Hi George,

the F86 and B-29 are going a strait line between U000 and U001. Both of those bases are under sea level. You can not land there (but you can choose it as starting point (under sea)). Positions of all bases is shown on the picture you can see here in this post. I just need this bases for the US ai-plane passing the Mig Aley

Black paints of the Mig can happen if you pass the airfield an the grafic isn`t load till the end. I did not have this problem till now.

On the same picture you can see the traveling line of all carrier groups. the start at 8.00 GMT traveling for 8 hours turn around... then start again. Startingpoint is on the left side. then they go there traveling line, stopp at the right end... turn around and go back to the left ... and so on.

At chodo airfield there is no traffic by the first ai-package. This and the ai-heli trafic are part of the coming update. Not in the package you have installed jet. I had to change the afcad that Mark did for the possibility to run ai-traffic from chodo. This will be part of the update.

Hope that will help.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Last edited by klnowak; June 3rd, 2016 at 12:43.

Chodo

Thanks for the update Klaus.

Looking forward to your update, sometime over the weekend.

THX

George

It`s done. Just uploading the update to the database in here.

Have fun and get the Mig`s

Next to come now is the new scenery from Emirau in 1969. This will be the scenery what Emirau looks now.

When that is done (not far away) then i will start realy to make the "Inchon Landing of Korean War" Scenery.

Greetings
    Klaus

Chodo

Where in the sim-outhouse database will your update file, to the Chodo AI Traffic show up so I can find it etc.

THX

George

Where in the sim-outhouse database will your update file, to the Chodo AI Traffic show up so I can find it etc.

THX

George

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=113

Greetings
    Klaus

Chodo

From your link. This is the AI pack I installed the other day when I installed your Chodo 1952 scenery. Unless. Maybe you added the updated addon traffic for Chodo to the same file, from your link?.

George

From your link. This is the AI pack I installed the other day when I installed your Chodo 1952 scenery. Unless. Maybe you added the updated addon traffic for Chodo to the same file, from your link?.

George
    George

There are two files. One is the AI-traffic you got ("Chodo AI Traffic 1952.zip") and the second is called "AI Traffic for Chodo 1952 Update 1.0" Second one is the one you will need now. Both have got the nearly same picture.

Greetings
    Klaus

Chodo

Thanks Klaus.

I'll re-download the traffic file, and see how it goes.

George

Chodo

I re-downloaded the file from your link. It is the same one I already have. I don't see the AI Traffic for Chodo 1952 Update 1.0?., which is the one I need.

George

Members who have read this thread: 0