Duxford!

Thread: Duxford!

Duxford!

Was passing by on our way to Cambridge -no flying, and a cold and windy day - took a few shots inside to pass the time -

and the poor old Beau - 'no manpower, no time, no money'. (also, I fear, no engines) What a shame....

Thanks for the nice pictures Lefty. But your comment give me reason for concerns. Somehow I have the feeling that museums move in a direction I don't really like. The lack of money drives them more into an entertainment park than an area in which the past is preserved.

I do understand that museums need money, but that doesn't mean that I have to like the way they are trying to het this.....

Just a thought...........
    Huub

Huub, you are quite right - although we have to admit there is a wider audience than just us aviation nuts !

Here in Scotland, quite a lot of people (including me) were upset that so much money was spent bringing Concorde - with little or no Scottish connection - to our Museum of Flight. Especially when there is another Beaufighter lying in bits in a store room round the back....

However at least the Bolingbroke/Blenheim has been finished, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

The refurbished US museum at Duxford was a little disappointing - just a reshuffle really.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Still on my 'to-do' list.....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0