Carenado Do-228 released!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Do-228 released!

Carenado Do-228 released!

does anyone know if one has been started or being worked on?...its a plane id love to have from my Lukla flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    does anyone know if one has been started or being worked on?...its a plane id love to have from my Lukla flights.
    Carenado has one in the works and from the looks of it, it will be quite nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Carenado has one in the works and from the looks of it, it will be quite nice.
    thats good news,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    i had a look at it,i wonder do you have it and fly it?..judt looking at the install instructions,,id say id pass on it and wait for the carenado unit..i like there aircraft anyway.

Has the usual glass/prop/cloud issues....but there are definitely worse things out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    I had a look at it, I wonder do you have it and fly it?..just looking at the install instructions, I'd say I'd pass on it and wait for the Carenado unit..I like their aircraft anyway.
    I took a look as well because it sounded familiar. . .it's one of many nice aircraft done by Premier Aircraft Design.
    By the way, what was it about the installation that caused you to pass. . .it's no different than any other aircraft addon?

http://www.premaircraft.com/

I wait also! Do228 is really ugly, simply, so much ugly that it makes beauty.... : DDDD !!!

Some of new pictures from Carenado FB:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Holy moly,
    I fear this will be a must have for me.
    Have seen one of these a few times the last days over my workingplays, flying some nice curves over the runway.
    Hopefully it won't be too expensive....

Charter Member 2012
    As much as I like the aircraft, the cockpit shots are a kind of hybrid, the Dornier 228 is a hands on aircraft with no autopilot and steam guages, where as the latest incarnation the Do228NG does have an autopilot or weather radar as an optional extra but it also has a glass cockpit as standard.
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Really soon!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

FYI. Good to see GTN 750 implementation!

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Other than the stupid white box light syndrome in P3Dv3, first runs weren't too bad. I like it. Still digging on what causes the light issue.

Be great if I could get rid of the Switches and Knobs window
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Be great if I could get rid of the Switches and Knobs window
    OK it does disappear after 5 minutes
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thx for HU!

I'm asking to see if of one you repainters. Could put an American reg. on the white d0228. Thanks for your time

I'm almost tempted to get it, because I love that plane and for once, Carenado chose a version WITHOUT glass cockpit !
    But 40 dollars... What new features did Carenado add to their planes compared to older models ?
    Realistic turbo-prop engine handling ?
    Failures/tear/wear ?
    Realistic startup procedures and avionics ?
    Or is it still in the Carenado traditional style, which means "like a default aircraft, but with a nicer shape and a nice flight model" ?

The choice of the liveries will be very limited. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by chet twowolves View Post
    I'm asking to see if of one you repainters. Could put an American reg. on the white d0228. Thanks for your time
    That should be possible - will have a look at the weekend Today i start a few basics ......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do228_01.jpg   Do228_02.jpg   Do228_03.jpg  
    Last edited by Fireball6; September 7th, 2016 at 11:18.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Here is a RW Tricky Arctic Do228 Canadian https://www.flickr.com/photos/axel_j/14224150908

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

It does look temptung. Im just a little confused as to what is being modeled. What am I getting for the $40? Systems etc? One thing personally, I feel like for $40 I should be getting a paint kit with PSD's at the least since many devs who charge less provide these. Not just the blank texture, but that's my opinion. The blank texture is not ideal to work with and extremely limiting. My while issue with the Alabeo/Carenado product is that for $10 more I'm into either VRS, A2A, or Milviz territory. A product is worth what people will pay for it I suppose. I'm just flabbergasted when I read their Facebook page....same people, same deer in the headlight praise and then same complaints....over and over and over. As always it's interior/exterior visuals are impecable. No Glass, so it should be an FPS lightweight...hopefully!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    That should be possible - will have a look at the weekend Today i start a few basics ......
    Repaints look great. Hanger doors open.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    It does look temptung. Im just a little confused as to what is being modeled. What am I getting for the $40? Systems etc? One thing personally, I feel like for $40 I should be getting a paint kit with PSD's at the least since many devs who charge less provide these. Not just the blank texture, but that's my opinion. The blank texture is not ideal to work with and extremely limiting. My while issue with the Alabeo/Carenado product is that for $10 more I'm into either VRS, A2A, or Milviz territory. A product is worth what people will pay for it I suppose. I'm just flabbergasted when I read their Facebook page....same people, same deer in the headlight praise and then same complaints....over and over and over. As always it's interior/exterior visuals are impecable. No Glass, so it should be an FPS lightweight...hopefully!
    I'm with you Rick. Many people (including myself) want eye candy, (but I want more hehe).

But, as I always say with Carenado, modelling and textures looks amazing (TM)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 0