Carenado Do-228 released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Do-228 released!

Quote Originally Posted by chet twowolves View Post
    I'm asking to see if of one you repainters. Could put an American reg. on the white d0228. Thanks for your time
    I'm no repainter, but did manage to get a US reg on one.

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    I'm no repainter, but did manage to get a US reg on one.

M
    Monk beautiful work. Hope it will be ready for download soon. Again thank you.

Finished two more today. Also reworked the interior - grey panels and seats. Unfortunately Carenado had mirrored the Underwing-textures, so it is not possible to add a Underwing-Registration to the euopean Repaints. Maybe they will update this - we will see ......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do228_05.jpg   Do228_04.jpg  

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    For that amount of money I would have expected at least a dedicated model for the Dutch Coast Guard livery, that included the sensor equipment...

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Side sensors look the same in Finnish version. A large radome under the belly differiates from Dutch version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tammi22010 088.jpg  

Here are a few pic's of the reworked interior - nothing special, but you have a choice now ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Int_03.jpg   Int_01.jpg   Int_02.jpg  

Reworked interior

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Here are a few pic's of the reworked interior - nothing special, but you have a choice now ...
    Hi Fireball6

Good job on the interior. For some reason, I really like light blue panels on my aircraft. Any chance of doing one in light blue or pass on the secrets on how to do it?

Many thanks for your work.

John

Great work there - I really prefer grey over blue. Please let us know once it's ready for download

Love that Finnish border guard livery, hope someone will make it for the Carenado Do228. That dark grey VC looks great too BTW, keep us updated!

Cheers!/Andreas

First reworked paints and interior are ready to go - if you want them, please send me a pm. Below are the available paints.

There is nothing special with the change of the interior-color, simple color-reduce of the blue in GIMP - and then copy and paste of parts in Paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do228_06.jpg   Do228_07.jpg   Do228_08.jpg   Do228_09.jpg  

First reworked paints and interior are ready to go - if you want them, please send me a pm. Below are the available paints.

There is nothing special with the change of the interior-color, simple color-reduce of the blue in GIMP - and then copy and paste of parts in Paint.

Thanks Fireball6. What file are we looking at to change in GIMP?

Tks.

Thanks, Matt. Beautiful paint.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Wow - great work Matt !

Kind regards

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by johnbla View Post
    Thanks Fireball6. What file are we looking at to change in GIMP?

Tks.
    The Files are :CADDOC_int1, CADDOC_int2, CADDOC_int2_capas, CADDOC_int2_night and WINTEXTDO.

Greetings

Dirk

Wow - great work Matt !

Kind regards

Dirk
    Thanks

I wasnt happy with the version above and re did the nose

There are 228s and then there are 228s (e.g. the -101 and -202 spring to mind)... what/which model(s) are covered in the Carenado package?

Many thanks.

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    There are 228s and then there are 228s (e.g. the -101 and -202 spring to mind)... what/which model(s) are covered in the Carenado package?

Many thanks.

Andy
    It is the 228-100 - 14 Seats, 2 Crew-Members

Next 3 Paints are available very soon - the white N-Reg.-Paint come with 3 different "Doorframes" - a red, a silvergrey and blank frame. Also the package contains them in a slight "weatherd" version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do228_10.jpg   Do228_11.jpg   Do228_12.jpg  

Fireball - Just some friendly criticism on the last of the 3 planes - the U.S. registered one. All U.S. registrations begin with N. After that, there can be up to 5 more digits. They can be 5 numbers, N51167, they can be 4 numbers and a letter, N5116Y, or they can be three numbers and 2 letter, N511YH. There are never more than 2 letters at the end.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Fireball - Just some friendly criticism on the last of the 3 planes - the U.S. registered one. All U.S. registrations begin with N. After that, there can be up to 5 more digits. They can be 5 numbers, N51167, they can be 4 numbers and a letter, N5116Y, or they can be three numbers and 2 letter, N511YH. There are never more than 2 letters at the end.

Don
    Don - i know that as well. This paint was a personal request from a member here, who want this registration on it. After i had send him the paint, he asked me to offer it to everybody who want it - so i do.

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 0