MILVIZ F-4J Airshow Film | The Triumph of Thrust Over Aerod

Thread: MILVIZ F-4J Airshow Film | The Triumph of Thrust Over Aerod

MILVIZ F-4J Airshow Film | The Triumph of Thrust Over Aerod

Hello friends. I am new to the forums here, but am a long time flight simmer.

I invite you to watch

MILVIZ F-4J Airshow Film | The Triumph of Thrust Over Aerodynamics! | ORBX FTX

Where you can see the Fighter Jet Magic of the F-4 including;

Afterburner Takeoff
    High Speed Passes
    Zoom Climbs
    Dirty Pass
    Max Rate Turns
    Rolls
    Inverted Loop

This is shot through custom ground and flyby cameras.

Watch and subscribe on YouTube!

8 Minutes

https://youtu.be/-js0iSuPjbg

Is it me or does that phrase sound suspiciously similar to 'The triumph of square peg over round hole'

The irony of course, is that I made a stand alone gas turbine/thrust model for the MilViz F-4, while (my good friend) Bernt did the aerodynamics.

In either case, smooth stick work and nice video!

Just can't replicate the overwhelming body cavity thunder thanks to those J-79's in 'burner!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Is it me or does that phrase sound suspiciously similar to 'The triumph of square peg over round hole'

The irony of course, is that I made a stand alone gas turbine/thrust model for the MilViz F-4, while (my good friend) Bernt did the aerodynamics.

In either case, smooth stick work and nice video!
    It sure does sound similar doesn't it?!

What do you mean by "stand alone"?

That's right, Bernt did the F-4 didn't he? Awesome. I tried to find out more about him; I know he is a bada** when it comes to doing flight dynamics but wondered if he has a background in aviation. Couldn't find any personal info about him.

Thank you for the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just can't replicate the overwhelming body cavity thunder thanks to those J-79's in 'burner!
    I know right? Damn shame!

Bernt was a very high hour commercial pilot who unfortunately has been grounded for medical reasons.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Seria17hri11er View Post

What do you mean by "stand alone"?

Rather than use the stock tables in the air file to set the gas turbine thrust, Jon Bleeker coded a script that directly sets the thrust using SimConnect/C++. We used that to plug in an external gas turbine model that was able to improve accuracy over the whole of the flight envelope and reduce some of the quirks/limitations in the MSFS implementation.

As Bill mentioned, Bernt used to be a heavy pilot (767) for trans-ocean flights (all of them I think), and somewhat recently converted to the A320 family. Wish him well in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Bernt was a very high hour commercial pilot who unfortunately has been grounded for medical reasons.
    I see, thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Rather than use the stock tables in the air file to set the gas turbine thrust, Jon Bleeker coded a script that directly sets the thrust using SimConnect/C++. We used that to plug in an external gas turbine model that was able to improve accuracy over the whole of the flight envelope and reduce some of the quirks/limitations in the MSFS implementation.

As Bill mentioned, Bernt used to be a heavy pilot (767) for trans-ocean flights (all of them I think), and somewhat recently converted to the A320 family. Wish him well in recovery.
    Ahh, makes perfect sense. Beautiful! I love to read about stuff like that. I know MSFS is a good base, but has quirks and limitations than can be overcome with innovations like that. It's wonderful to see how developers overcome limitations like that and it really shows the passion for flight--in my book.

You developed the external gas turbine model, right?

Wherever you are Bernt, I wish you the best of luck in recovery! Switching from Boeing to Airbus must be fun!

Members who have read this thread: 0