Why, oh why can't we get a Phantom???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why, oh why can't we get a Phantom???

Why, oh why can't we get a Phantom???

It was one of the most widely used warbirds in the world. I'd give my right arm (maybe) for a quality F-4 from A2A, Alphasim, Razbam, or anybody else for that matter. C'mon guys, we need one BAD!

I've been flying the Alphasim F-105 from Thai airbases, but a Phantom with all the bells and whistles would be something else.

I'd also love to see the microSimulator T-37 Tweet done for FSX.

Maybe if we all line up and wave our credit cards....

Jim

chinookmark
    My Paypal account is waving wildly!

On Another Planet
    I would gladly pay for a quality Phantom from just about anybody (as long as they are good :P) One of my favorite birds and I can't believe nobody has made it yet.

A little bird told me that Mark Harper, who made the latest Phantom series no longer available
    for Alphasim, will be rebuilding and updating that series for FSX. And not as portovers but FSX
    from the ground up. I would think that by replacing the Alphasim proprietary parts he could
    re-issue them for FS9 as well. But it's easy to suggest that when you're not doing the work. :whistle:

In anycase, perhaps this year?
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    A little bird told me that Mark Harper, who made the latest Phantom series no longer available
    for Alphasim, will be rebuilding and updating that series for FSX. And not as portovers but FSX
    from the ground up. I would think that by replacing the Alphasim proprietary parts he could
    re-issue them for FS9 as well. But it's easy to suggest that when you're not doing the work. :whistle:

In anycase, perhaps this year?
    :ernae:
    That's great to hear, fingers crossed. Would be great if the existing texture mapping could be reused - would love to see Gus Robatto's , Pierre's and all the other great artists repaints shine in FSX.

N332DW
    i've been flying the Iris Phantom for some time now in FSX , even done a few US Navy repaints for the FG1 model
    (no square tail - looks like a J model) .... looks and flys like a champ

Attachment 74144
    all depends on how pure your gold has to be i reckon ...

I been looking for a great F-4J Phantom for the longest now and would love to see this. That and a A-4F Skyhawk. We want to do a heritage flight one night with the delta in one of each:

F-8F Bearcat
    F-9F2 Panther
    F-11F Tiger
    F-4J Phantom
    A-4F Skyhawk
    F-18 Hornet

This would be one amzaing tribute. We have the Hornet, Bearcat and Tiger. Just need the rest.

Charter Member 2015
    What ever became of Cloud9? They hinted at an fsx'd Phantom but it's never materialised
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by N332DW View Post
    i've been flying the Iris Phantom for some time now in FSX , even done a few US Navy repaints for the FG1 model
    (no square tail - looks like a J model) .... looks and flys like a champ

Attachment 74144
    all depends on how pure your gold has to be i reckon ...
    Ever consider doing a Blue Angels repaint for the Iris?

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Big Bird, (yeah, it was the same bird from sesame street)told me that a high profile design team (not us, RAZBAM, we are barely known by our postman)is working on a high detailed,close-to-reality, in deep (very, very deep) model of the Phamtom, and once released (whenever that is) it will be THE ultimate Phamtom..i haven´t seen it, but i know the guys behind this, and all i can say, it will blow your socks off once out there..
    Prowler

Charter Member 2011
    BTW, our A-4F Blue Angels does perform good in FSX SP2, which stands until we release the latest FSX native volumes..oopss..

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    BTW, our A-4F Blue Angels does perform good in FSX SP2, which stands until we release the latest FSX native volumes..oopss..

Prowler
    You sir have become my new best friend ;p

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Big Bird, (yeah, it was the same bird from sesame street)told me that a high profile design team (not us, RAZBAM, we are barely known by our postman)is working on a high detailed,close-to-reality, in deep (very, very deep) model of the Phamtom, and once released (whenever that is) it will be THE ultimate Phamtom..i haven´t seen it, but i know the guys behind this, and all i can say, it will blow your socks off once out there..
    Prowler

Go on...give us a hint!

I think that krazycolin mentioned that Milviz may produce an F-4 too
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2011
    Oh i would love to, but i just recieved a pm , and i quote:
    "Are you out of yourmind!!, don´t blow out our cover you $·@#~€!!"

No kidding...
    Prowler

Charter Member 2015
    No harm in a 'lil :gossip:

Can't wait for it to be released......whenever that may be :amen::ernae:

Blog Entries
    The Cloud9 Phantom was the ultimate F4; it was so good that I kept FS9 on my system specifically for that aircraft until fairly recently.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    When I bought the aircraft Cloud9 promised a free upgrade for FSX when it was released (the Phantom came out just before FSX was released), unfortunately they never made good on their promise which I’m still a little sore about!
    <o></o>
    I am however looking forward to a new Phantom, will it include both US and British verities?
    <o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian
    <o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I am however looking forward to a new Phantom, will it include both US and British verities?
    And Luftwaffe too?

Not us... we're overwhelmed with other stuff at the moment...

We don't have a release date set, but we are well into development of a phantom.

Scott.

MCDesigns

Didn't quite escape.
    After spending too much time around Accu-Sim, this just scares me. Still. :woot:

Oh. And I'll get a :help: in here as well, because I can see what's coming!

Wow. That's stunning! The human model is very realistic, and the texturing on that recreation of the CAF hangar in Mesa, AZ is brilliant.

You going to offer courses to fly this thing Scott?
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Outstanding news!!!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Members who have read this thread: 4