JF DH-98 Mosquito released - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: JF DH-98 Mosquito released

My first 2 paints of No 333 N Sqn Mosquitos have been uploaded, enjoy!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thank you very much.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

There is combo Banff and Dallachy scenery here at the soh. The perfect home for the Norwegian outriders :-) Even if the 2 first paints flew from nearby RAF Leuchars before moving to Banff.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

A late war Norwegian 333 Sqn B flight Mosquito from May 1945, RAF Banff. Of notice is that the Special Coastal Scheme A has been better applied with stencils. The spinners have got the Norwegian flag stripes. C roundel on top of the wings as well. 333 Sqn has also finally got a dedicated two letter sqn code, KK. Om 30th May 1945 B-flight formed the new 334 Sqn with the code "RI".

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Looking Superb JensOle

For those who might not have caught it, a superb video on the JF site:

<iframe width="645" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ewzHKbtJ-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thanks again, JensOle.

I just noticed the pink shrouds. Too bad we couldn't just make them transparent, or perhaps set the xml to have them off by default. Hmmm....
    -- WH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Well I have paint stripped .. next is the alloy dope .. now were is my paint brush
    I love this one...painting from the base out, as in production can yield some wonderful results.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Brilliant Video Barry, It really captured the feel and the moment .. for everyone well worth a watch

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I love this one...painting from the base out, as in production can yield some wonderful results.
    Thanks Gordo ! It really can get to be a lotta fun tinkering .. hell bells after your efforts ! ... lets both go down to the pub and have a

Ooo forgot .. should bring Jens along as well .. Sorry Jens

WH .. See ya in there Jock .. join us for a virtual

WH .. See ya in there Jock .. join us for a virtual
    Rgr that.

We need an animated pilot hoisting a brew after a flight.
    -- WH

Blog Entries
    I could be easily persuaded to have one or two with you gentlemen...not planning to fly in the early AM.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post

<iframe width="645" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ewzHKbtJ-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Lovely work, Baz, that would have sold her for me if I hadn't already bought her: she's a honey! Gotta go fly her again, 'bye!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Not my video, just thought it was an excellent piece of work from the JF boys.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks again, JensOle.

I just noticed the pink shrouds. Too bad we couldn't just make them transparent, or perhaps set the xml to have them off by default. Hmmm....
    Yes I opted for sort of forcing the user to remove them with the pink paint. Judging from your post you know how to remove the shrouds. I quick job to remove them though.

I have been reading more about the Banff Mosquito and it seems to have been the SOP on all squadrons to remove the shrouds as soon as possible when the aircraft was in for the first service/maintenance and replace them with the standard exhaust for higher top speed. KK-P above had not yet got them removed when the real life picture was taken in May 1945.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Can anyone that is still having trouble opening the paint kit check to see if they can open this layered TIFF version? Download Here
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Hi,

It does still not open in PSP, but I can open it with photoshop 2015, save it as psd and then it opens in psp (which is my program of choice).

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Jens, I'll try tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Can anyone that is still having trouble opening the paint kit check to see if they can open this layered TIFF version?
    Opens without a hitch in Photoshop CS4.

I also tried it in Paint Shop Pro X and it opened, but with all layers merged to background, phthbtt! Reckon PSPX will join my list of Software No Longer Needed.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

'Super-Clean' looks great!!

Wow!..Ian!...I must be old fashioned but the 'Mossie" looks great just as is! Hey!..why not put it up in this super-clean condition?..I'd love to fly her.

Walt
    Fly high..Punch Holes in the Sky

Well I have paint stripped .. next is the alloy dope .. now were is my paint brush

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberlegs View Post
    Wow!..Ian!...I must be old fashioned but the 'Mossie" looks great just as is! Hey!..why not put it up in this super-clean condition?..I'd love to fly her.
    Hi ya Walt , Yeah I'll post a complete clean no markings for others to add , I'm still working on the aluminium dope paint affect, Its lucky we have a few Vampires to study at the RNZAF Wigram Museum , them with the same sort wood nose and treatment/treated that shows in that sort of paint.

Must have Mossie!

That's great Ian!...looking forward to your posting of the finished skin. Love the DH Mosquito..as a kid grew-up in the 50's at CFB Downsview, the location of the D.H. Canada plant.
    Side note, Last Sept marked NZ off my 'Bucket-List". Visited son in Wellington and spent 4 weeks camper-touring N+S Islands. I know the Vampire you mentioned hanging at Wigram. Awesome holiday!! Awesome country!!

Walt
    Fly high...Punch holes in the Sky

Hi ya Walt , Yeah I'll post a complete clean no markings for others to add , I'm still working on the aluminium dope paint affect, Its lucky we have a few Vampires to study at the RNZAF Wigram Museum , them with the same sort wood nose and treatment/treated that shows in that sort of paint.

Members who have read this thread: 1