B314 China Clipper - Payware - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B314 China Clipper - Payware

Nose down

Why even with the default files do you think the boat floats with a nose down attitude.?

I too usually lighten all fuel to around 30% but don't change any of the load settings.

I tried your new P1 files and notice the CG has moved forward..?

Lol...ya caught me right at the computer with the flightsim on the back burner.

With your tip, I pulled up a bunch of old images, and certainly she sits level at best, and with nose up/tail down quite often.

I've adjusted the contact points so the B.314 (all variants) sit relatively level, repacked the file and uploaded it. Please refer back to the last attachment (now ends with "rev2") and download to try, see if it works for you.

I'll fiddle it some more to see if I can create a setup that responds better to loading, IE: level attitude on water when unloaded, tail lowers more as load is added. It'd be more realistic to see the Boeing lift it's tail and rise up on step as it gains speed for lift off.

Allow me to fiddle with it.

Tail Lowered

It's pretty straight forward to adjust the float points to lift or lower the virtual air frame so that a graphic model will sit with a prototypical attitude. It's something else (though) to achieve that, and still have the points located in a manner that leaves a wake pattern acknowledging the "shape" of the air-frame (as it moves through the virtual water.)

I think that's been achieved, as well as sundry little tweaks throughout the air-frame and engines. Lots of little things. Have fun, Sea-Pilots.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    It's pretty straight forward to adjust the float points to lift or lower the virtual air frame so that a graphic model will sit with a prototypical attitude. It's something else (though) to achieve that, and still have the points located in a manner that leaves a wake pattern acknowledging the "shape" of the air-frame (as it moves through the virtual water.)

I think that's been achieved, as well as sundry little tweaks throughout the air-frame and engines. Lots of little things. Have fun, Sea-Pilots.

Very nice job with the changes in attitude. Much more realistic, it gives a better sense that the ship is floating.

Internal & External Views

Here are some cockpit and external views. See if you want to incorporate them into your aircraft.cfg.
    As well let me know if you prefer something different.

....Ahhh. Very well done. I've tried your views....most enjoyable, most certainly keepers. I've added them to each 314 variant for myself. Thank you Seahawk72s.

It's a joy to sweep off the cobwebs and thunder around the tropics in Clipper style.....again.
    Last edited by magoo; June 4th, 2016 at 21:30.

hello. Can someone change and upload the files please, so she floats like in this photo? Please for all Variants.

I used the contact points by mal998, but still nose down attitude.
    Then I tried B.314 Flight Model V1.3 June 2016.7z, but I just want a horizontal attitude like on this photo.

And is there a chance to get the high res textures?
    Last edited by bennymaeker; June 30th, 2018 at 15:12.

Hi,
    Using the files posted by Magoo in post # 53 this is what I have.
    It looks as well as that the model does not quite replicate the real aircraft.
    Maybe its just perspective.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comparison.jpg  

Most of all, has anyone counted the rivets?

When I use the files the tail is too deep in the water and a few seconds after landing on water the B 314 jumps wild around. Only after a few touchdowns on the water surface does she get worried. What I want is the original attitude like in FS2002 and FS2004.

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Most of all, has anyone counted the rivets?

Someone will I am sure

Hm, I seem to have to wait for the official FSX version of PILOTS. Pity

Or, you could just open the SDK and learn how to adjust contact points. Then you wouldn't have to wait for anyone to fix the way she floats. Just a thought.

But that would require effort!

I had hoped that someone who already has the knowledge will give me the contact points. Not effort, but time and patience. Two things I dont have.

Members who have read this thread: 0