B314 China Clipper - Payware - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B314 China Clipper - Payware

Exterior textures will be available soon. Interior texture changes require some gauge work so not sure about them yet. Both screenshots take at 4k resolution.

Original textures, blurry 1024 image

New sharper 2048 textures with all new lettering and emblems

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Quite a difference there

Agreed, nice work...!

I finally figured out how to order the clipper from EBay.
    I, too have one coming now.

If any of you guys that are getting the newer fs9 version decide you don't like it I am looking for it. I really don't want to use Ebay and buy from Germany and hope to find a copy in the states that I could get. Will pay a premium.

I have the fs2000 version and trying to make that work in fsx is not easy so installed fs9 again and want to try the fs9 version of the Clipper.

I am continuing to improve the textures and interior and vc but need a better example to work from.

Yankee Clipper - Fs9 - 4k

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Yankee Clipper - Fs9 - 4k

Very Nice...!

I just installed my B-314 in FSX and have a few questions..?

Is there a way to remove the beaching gear? The panel switches have no effect...

Besides the throttle and mixture gauges not loading it looks as though most of the engine gauges don't work in FSX either.

If someone could just confirm that is the case..?

I am guessing there is no master FSX tweaks for getting the 314 up and running..?

Thanks, Tony

The Clipper does not like Fsx and really hates P3D. I gave up and installed Fs9 to at least get half the things working.
    Sent you a Pm as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Very Nice...!

I just installed my B-314 in FSX and have a few questions..?

Is there a way to remove the beaching gear? The panel switches have no effect...

Besides the throttle and mixture gauges not loading it looks as though most of the engine gauges don't work in FSX either.

If someone could just confirm that is the case..?

I am guessing there is no master FSX tweaks for getting the 314 up and running..?

Thanks, Tony

My bad...! There is an alternator sync switch on the FE panel that gave me the power for my flight instrument and it looks like all
    engine gauges are working now.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    sorry was off a while-and you solved prblem of beachgear allready

I would love if somebody could make 1 ( one) better more FSX adequate outer texture-->can send a zip with todays textures

Thanks Roland
    Are there other tweaks you did for the Pilots B314 for FSX...?
    Did you do anything with the electrics..? Add any other power switches to get instruments to work...?

Changes to the Smoke contact points..

Thanks,
    Tony

B.314 Resusitation.....

This is nice to see. It's amazing to me how good Pilot's B.314 looks in FSX, especially when you consider that it was carved out for FS2002.

I've been fiddling with it on my own when I read this thread, and I thought that I might pass on some bits of usable data.

One caveat, the VC setup uses gauges from the old A2A/Wop Heavy bombers and Jets commercial addon for FS9/FSX. I remember they sold the B-17 separately, I'll bet you it's the exact same model with the exact same gauges. To user who don't have these addons, my apologies. It's what I've got cooking right now.

The later models of B-17 by A2A with XML programing (I assume) are not the thing, this is the early WoP offerings with old style gauges.

There's a reconfigured flight model for the B.314 that may solve some issues and add some fun (or frustration...), please have force feedback to glean the most from this stuff.

And there's a read-me that saves bandwidth here, and goes into greater detail. Go through it first before doing anything.

These are just config files and do not include any other data, payware or otherwise. If anyone finds them useful or usable, excellent, I'm happy. Those wishing to refine or change these for the better, my blessing applied right here and right now.

Cheers all!

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    This is nice to see. It's amazing to me how good Pilot's B.314 looks in FSX, especially when you consider that it was carved out for FS2002.

I've been fiddling with it on my own when I read this thread, and I thought that I might pass on some bits of usable data.

One caveat, the VC setup uses gauges from the old A2A/Wop Heavy bombers and Jets commercial addon for FS9/FSX. I remember they sold the B-17 separately, I'll bet you it's the exact same model with the exact same gauges. To user who don't have these addons, my apologies. It's what I've got cooking right now.

The later models of B-17 by A2A with XML programing (I assume) are not the thing, this is the early WoP offerings with old style gauges.

There's a reconfigured flight model for the B.314 that may solve some issues and add some fun (or frustration...), please have force feedback to glean the most from this stuff.

And there's a read-me that saves bandwidth here, and goes into greater detail. Go through it first before doing anything.

These are just config files and do not include any other data, payware or otherwise. If anyone finds them useful or usable, excellent, I'm happy. Those wishing to refine or change these for the better, my blessing applied right here and right now.

Cheers all!

Hi James,
    Thanks for the good info.
    I have been trying to trouble shoot why the B314 in FSX has a vacum and electrical problem. Bringing over Ken Mitchell's B314 panel has got me an alternate flyable panel
    and also helped with trouble shooting. I too have the A2A B-17 and borrowed the throttles and attitude indicator for the 314 which allows me to fly the original bmps.

In jumping back and forth between aircraft, through no fault of my own, I ended up with working flight and engine instruments for the B314. I was smart enough to save the flight so I have limited success in FSX but can not replicate, yet, what made it work.

I look forward to going through your config work and seeing where this goes. The B314 is a nice aircraft..!

Hiya SeaHawk72s,

The gauge thing for me was just a quick & dirty fix up to get going. Half the original gauges and all the switches were not responding at all in my setup. The only real fiddling the I did (beyond cut & paste) was a little work to resize the A2A gauges on the VC forward panel. Judging from the images you've posted, you're way ahead on the curve there by maintaining the original graphics. I'm keen to see where this goes. It's a beautiful model that could respond well to upgrades.

I'm hoping the flight model will be helpful. The CoG was way out in PILOTS original setup. The smoke effects need help. (But the beaching gear works now.....) I hope it helps add to the evocation of spirit. Certainly it's a work in progress, anybody wishes to list needed changes to the flight model, I'm happy to revise and post.

One point, I don't think these planes had any hydraulic systems aboard. (purely electric and/or arm-strong?) I can find no data indicating such. Anybody who knows contrary, please let me know?

Hiya SeaHawk72s,

The gauge thing for me was just a quick & dirty fix up to get going. Half the original gauges and all the switches were not responding at all in my setup. The only real fiddling the I did (beyond cut & paste) was a little work to resize the A2A gauges on the VC forward panel. Judging from the images you've posted, you're way ahead on the curve there by maintaining the original graphics. I'm keen to see where this goes. It's a beautiful model that could respond well to upgrades.

I'm hoping the flight model will be helpful. The CoG was way out in PILOTS original setup. The smoke effects need help. (But the beaching gear works now.....) I hope it helps add to the evocation of spirit. Certainly it's a work in progress, anybody wishes to list needed changes to the flight model, I'm happy to revise and post.

One point, I don't think these planes had any hydraulic systems aboard. (purely electric and/or arm-strong?) I can find no data indicating such. Anybody who knows contrary, please let me know?

There is a very simple hydraulic system that supports the Gyro Pilot.
    A white handle near the throttle when turned on pressurizes the system and shows on a pressure gauge.

Woo-Hoo ! Received my B-314 from Germany today.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Woo-Hoo ! Received my B-314 from Germany today.

You will find that the "Throttle" and "Mixture" gauges will not load as to their being FS98.
    I ended up using replacement gauges from other aircraft I own.

The biggest mystery is the "Suction" system. There will be times it will not function. If it doesn't work all your main flight instruments will be frozen.
    Switching back and forth between default aircraft and the B314 will get it to work. When that happens hit pause and then save the flight. It gives you a place to start
    as to being creative with other flights..... If you see this life is good.

Suction and main flt panel gauges not working.

I think I may have found the fix for this problem. Using FSPanelStudio to check what gauges are installed on this beast. I found that it had an invisible gauge called master gauge in the 2d panel. So I added this gauge to the vc panel also. Guess what all gauges are now working. I only had to swap out the Att gauge because all it said was oil pressure. I installed an Att gauge from a connie I have and now it works. Also I installed a throttle gauge from a B-17 I have to fix that one on the throttle pop-up. I also corrected the smoke parameters so that it works in FSX. For some reason Fs9 smoke shows vertical streams in FSX. Just delete your smoke in each aircraft configuration file and copy and paste my smoke fix to each one. You can leave the gauge files in the panel or move them to the main gauge file if desired. Hope this works for you guys. It did for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    I think I may have found the fix for this problem. Using FSPanelStudio to check what gauges are installed on this beast. I found that it had an invisible gauge called master gauge in the 2d panel. So I added this gauge to the vc panel also. Guess what all gauges are now working. I only had to swap out the Att gauge because all it said was oil pressure. I installed an Att gauge from a connie I have and now it works. Also I installed a throttle gauge from a B-17 I have to fix that one on the throttle pop-up. I also corrected the smoke parameters so that it works in FSX. For some reason Fs9 smoke shows vertical streams in FSX. Just delete your smoke in each aircraft configuration file and copy and paste my smoke fix to each one. You can leave the gauge files in the panel or move them to the main gauge file if desired. Hope this works for you guys. It did for me.

Nice work...!!!!!!
    Your panel fix works for me, I'm not seeing any suction problems..
    As well the smoke placement looks great.

Panel Pictures..?

Has anyone seen any high definition pictures of the main and flight engineers panel...?
    Something that clearly shows information plaques and gauge writing.
    I've seen the Life Magazine pictures that show an earlier version of the panels.

It looks as though the main and FE panels could use some tweaks and additional gauges to up the realism..

You realize that if enough of us seriously work on this we might come out with a far better Clipper in the end. My end is textures and I have done the exterior in 2048 textures sheets, cleaned up all lines and rivets, re-done all emblems and fonts, text. Also have a new overhead panel and main panel in the works with all new gauge surrounds, warning plaques, text and other items.

2048 panel in progress (click on pic, takes you to photobucket, click on spyglass in upper section to view full size)

I agree, it would nice to be able to take this to another level.

I like what you've done with the new overhead. What I don't understand is why magnetos and starter buttons are not duplicated at the FE panel.
    Have you ever seen an aircraft flare replicated in FS...?

I would really like to help on this, but like TeiscoDelRay, I am only into texturing (nowhere near as good as he).
    I've fiddled with gauges and FDE's, but that's just it. Fiddled.

Does anyone know how to fool the Pilot's 314 into loading into FSGW3? Just putting a phony FS9.exe in the directory doesn't work.

Flight further model.....

As I fly, I twiddle and tweak. Sometimes it can go on for years. There's a certain favorite CR.32 Fiat by Lago that's been flying in FSX lately....still tweaking since FS2002....go figure...

So...here's a further delineation of the B.314 Clipper flight model, refinements in payload and fuel placement, and sundry dynamics, mostly subtle. ( Thanks SeaHawk72s for the answer about hydraulics, the simple form regarding that has been entered, "1."

Thank you to mcanx for the gauge, VC throttle fixes, and working out that odd engine smoke config. You guys are teaching me a lot about were to look for these issues, please read here my expressed glee and gratitude. Your stuff is working great on my machine, your work answered many questions.

I found the default PILOT's engine smoke effect alarmingly dark on my setup, so I changed over to the effect from the Manfred Jahn & Co's C-97. It's a single line of smoke, so using mcanx's laterally abstract number's fix as a guide, I've reconfigured eight lines of exhaust, visually duplicating PILOT's four lines of double smoke. Seems to work.

This config probably should not be tried with the original effects.......mind you the result may be alarmingly spectacular.....

If you wish to retain the original effects, use mcanx's posted configuration.

So...see attached the revised flight model B.314 V1.20. There's a small readme included for clarity. I hope this helps add some fun to the discovery and re-evocation of the Spirit of the Boeing Clipper.

Any users wishing me to alter any or have data that may improve the flight model, please post it here.
    Last edited by magoo; May 27th, 2016 at 16:59.

As I fly, I twiddle and tweak. Sometimes it can go on for years. There's a certain favorite CR.32 Fiat by Lago that's been flying in FSX lately....still tweaking since FS2002....go figure...

So...here's a further delineation of the B.314 Clipper flight model, refinements in payload and fuel placement, and sundry dynamics, mostly subtle. ( Thanks SeaHawk72s for the answer about hydraulics, the simple form regarding that has been entered, "1."

Thank you to mcanx for the gauge, VC throttle fixes, and working out that odd engine smoke config. You guys are teaching me a lot about were to look for these issues, please read here my expressed glee and gratitude. Your stuff is working great on my machine, your work answered many questions.

I found the default PILOT's engine smoke effect alarmingly dark on my setup, so I changed over to the effect from the Manfred Jahn & Co's C-97. It's a single line of smoke, so using mcanx's laterally abstract number's fix as a guide, I've reconfigured eight lines of exhaust, visually duplicating PILOT's four lines of double smoke. Seems to work.

This config probably should not be tried with the original effects.......mind you the result may be alarmingly spectacular.....

If you wish to retain the original effects, use mcanx's posted configuration.

So...see attached the revised flight model B.314 V1.20. There's a small readme included for clarity. I hope this helps add some fun to the discovery and re-evocation of the Spirit of the Boeing Clipper.

Any users wishing me to alter any or have data that may improve the flight model, please post it here.

Thanks James, I'll get the C-97 and then see what you've been engineering..

Members who have read this thread: 0