JF Canberra PR9 Quick Startup Option - Is There One???

Thread: JF Canberra PR9 Quick Startup Option - Is There One???

JF Canberra PR9 Quick Startup Option - Is There One???

I know some of you folks enjoy the realism of flipping all the switches and turning all the dials to get your planes airborne. But for those of us who just like to "kick the tires and light the fires" it's nice to hit Ctrl + E and get in the air. I have v3.1 of the JF Canberra PR9 and I still can't get the engines to start, even with going through all the switchology covered in their YouTube video. The engines start to power up, then shut down, over and over. If there is a quick/easy startup procedure I haven't found it yet. Anybody know how to light off the engines, other than having to select the PR9 after starting with another plane?

Page 15 of the manual explains the red lighting bolt in the Panel Selector pop-up. The red lighting bolt changes the aircraft state to cold-and-dark to ready-to-taxi.

It's been awhile since I've flown it, but like some other aircraft I have you might want to first insure you have the fuel setting to maximum by hitting Ctrl+Shift+F4.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

WarHorse, thanks for the reply. The manual says, "The aircraft will load with this icon active (red), indicating that the aircraft is in a 'ready for takeoff' state." I read that to mean that the jet is parked with engines at idle, ready to roll, but in my case the engines are off and nothing's happening except all the lights are on. So I hit Ctrl + E and the engines commence their same start-up-and-shut-down routine as before. For the time being I'm using a saved flight that starts out with the PR9 already started and on the runway, thanks to the default Boeing 737. I'm beginning to think the PR9 is just too much for my system to keep flying, not to mention start up. I'm getting a lot of screen freezes and the occasional OOM fatal error.

The manual says, "The aircraft will load with this icon active (red), indicating that the aircraft is in a 'ready for takeoff' state." I read that to mean that the jet is parked with engines at idle, ready to roll
    That's correct, the aircraft should always load in the 'ready for takeoff' state with the engines running. If you have altered the default flight or are loading another aircraft first (except something simple like a default aircraft) then it can cause problems with the initial configuration of the Canberra.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Martyn, thanks for jumping in. I haven't done anything to the plane since downloading it yesterday. I select it on the free flight screen and it starts out at NAS Miramar in San Diego. I look at the panel box at top left corner and the icon is red, so I would expect to already hear engine noise, see gauge readings, etc. and the plane would move if I advanced the throttles. My plane is just parked with the lights on (see screenshots). PM me if you have any suggestions. It's a beautiful aircraft and I have no gripes except this start-up thing that I can't figure out.

Can you drop our support team an email and we'll get it sorted out for you? http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Email sent. Just for the sake of research I am going to try the FSX-SE version of the PR9 on my Windows 7 HD, my FSX-XE on that drive is a new install and if the PR9 works OK on that sim I'll let you know.

Martyn..

This thread prompted me to take a look at the Canberra as I didn't remember it starting 'hot'. My usual start flight is the default Cessna 172 at Culdrose.. engine running. When I select the Canberra.. it starts cold, regardless of having saved the panel state as 'hot'. However.. toggling the power icon off and on brings the model to life so it's never been a problem

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0