Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T just uploaded - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T just uploaded

Thank you for the nice story Roland, but I don't think your late friend flew a Transatlantico. When I was reading about the I-ALAN, I realised it wasn't really a luxury to be a passenger on board of this aircraft. The large fuel tanks and cargo left not much room for the four (!) passengers. No wonder the SM.82 was more common on the route to Brazil.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thank you for the nice story Roland, but I don't think your late friend flew a Transatlantico. When I was reading about the I-ALAN, I realised it wasn't really a luxury to be a passenger on board of this aircraft. The large fuel tanks and cargo left not much room for the four (!) passengers. No wonder the SM.82 was more common on the route to Brazil.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub you are right

No Transatlantico- but a SM.79 II Torpedo Bomber

Italien officer said no German can( is allowed to) fly an Italian plane-my friend says I am Austrian - so a compromise was found

I has been quiet around the clean I-ALAN, but there was a good reason.

While gathering information for this repaint I found some things which puzzled me. Together with my frined Manuele and his "Italian connections" we have been able to solve some interesting puzzles. For me the most interesting one was the mystery of the axes (fasces) markings on the engines.

Pictures from the I-ALAN and other aircraft from the LATI showed that background wasn't just simply blue. A friend of Manuele found the answer and was able to find a picture from an old model, which showed the correct colours. It is definitely a "tropical version" of the well known side marking. The markings were reproduced by Manuele.

Below images of the finished textures which I hope to upload tomorrow. I don't know whether I'm allowed to announce this already, but Manuele is working on an update of his textures for the weathered I-ALAN. Which is updated with all recently found information.

Enjoy the pictures,
    Huub

Huub

Very beautiful

For me ,somehat most pre 60's ( including pre war ) Airline liverys are much more nice, from graphic point of view, then the modern ones

( old Eastern before Hockey/Braniff before monocolour/Panagra/Alitalia to name a few)

Looking forward to reopen Brasil route with a NEW plane

Thank you

Roland

Great model and textures of a little known aircraft! These team efforts are among my person favourites to take part in as you learn a lot from working with other people. But I must confess that I would be much more interested in the bomber version.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Variation on a theme.

I hope you guys don't mind, but reading this thread prompted me to try the SM-79 Sparviero Bomber; and I wanted to share these screenshots with you, I've continued the 'sorci verdi' theme too!

205ª Squadriglia da Bombardamento, seen over the Zaragoza area of Spain 1937.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-5-15_17-26-48-291.jpg   2016-5-15_17-28-13-465.jpg   2016-5-15_17-27-51-377.jpg  
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Great model and textures of a little known aircraft! These team efforts are among my person favourites to take part in as you learn a lot from working with other people. But I must confess that I would be much more interested in the bomber version.
    Jens-Ole,

The SM79 Spaviero is already available for years. Although it a FS9 model, it works very well in FSX as well. Its a beautiful model and has a great VC.

Cheers,
    Huub

Textures for FSX version are available

For those who want the clean textures: They are available here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...P-I-ALAN-clean

Enjoy,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1