Mosquito DZ353 627 Squadron, June 1944

Thread: Mosquito DZ353 627 Squadron, June 1944

Mosquito DZ353 627 Squadron, June 1944

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This file contains alternative textures for the excellent free FSX model of the De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito B.Mk.IV, by Dave Garwood, Derek Palmer and Gary Jones. The model is available at the Classic British Flight Sim site (http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/CBFS_HOME.php ).

The textures are based on the original paintkit at CBFS and contain parts of the original artwork. My main goal was to create textures which made the model look a bit more used in a realistic way. The textures depict the aircraft DZ353 from 627 squadron as it looked in June 1944, when the squadron was located at Woodhall Spa and involved in support mission over Normandy after D-Day.

On the 8th of June 1944 at 23:47 the DZ353 with registration AZ-B took off from Woodhall Spa on a pathfinder mission. To prevent German reinforcements to reach Normandy the target was the rail yard of Rennes (Brittany/Bretagne). On board were the pilot, Battle of Britain veteran F/Lt Harry Steere DFC DFM from the RAF and the Australian navigator F/O Kenneth William Gale DFC.

The aircraft crashed during the early night of 9 June 1944, just South of Rennes, between the villages Orgeres and St. Erblon. The reason has never been established. Both crew members were killed in the crash.

Huub Vink
    April 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Mosquito DZ353 627 Squadron, June 1944
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nice one Huub!

Very subtle weathering, and the 'restrained' colours add to the authentic look.
    Thanks for another classy effort.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks, Wombat,

The main thing I tried to do is to add a bit more depth in the textures by adding some shadows and light. I added some subtle weathering to make the model look more realistic.

DaveWG's model is vey nice, I thought it deserved some efforts on the textures.

I'm glad you like it.

Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0