Wilco Harrier friction issue - can anybody confirm?

Thread: Wilco Harrier friction issue - can anybody confirm?

Wilco Harrier friction issue - can anybody confirm?

Hi everybody,

for several days I try to fix an issue with my loved Wilco Harrier GR3. So I want to ask if maybe anybody else of the Wilco owner have this strange problem too?

The issue is the friction of the model. In my opinion, it needs too much thrust to starting taxi. And when I stop thrusting, the Harrier stops immediately, as if I have forgotten to release some brake. Normally, aircraft should taxi on after reducing throttle control, innit?
    I would like to know if anybody else noticed this behaviour or does this problem only occurs on my model, please?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards

Manfred
    Best regards, Manfred.

Did you check that the flaps are fully up and/or the spoilers are retracted? Harrier thrust vectoring simulation uses ungainly lift/drag through either one of these. I Do not own so can not confirm.
    Roman

Thank you Roman for suggestion. Wilco Harrier flaps are simultaneously retracted, depending on the nozzles angles. When I am taxiing, nozzles are moved to 0 degrees, all brakes are released. I did some experiments with the UKMIL Harrier meanwhile, it behaves absolutely fine with rolling on after stopping thrust, it even taxi by itself in idle without any thrust, I think this is a real behaviour of jets. The Wilco doesn't - and after landing in normal mode (no VSTOL) it stopps after few hundred metres while other jets in that size don't....
    I tried out some friction trials here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/392772-in...ound-friction/

but those don't affect the Wilco Harrier moves movements... (sorry, that's better english...)
    Last edited by Manschy; April 14th, 2016 at 08:53.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Thank you Roman for suggestion. Wilco Harrier flaps are simultaneously retracted, depending on the nozzles angles. When I am taxiing, nozzles are moved to 0 degrees, all brakes are released. I did some experiments with the UKMIL Harrier meanwhile, it behaves absolutely fine with rolling on after stopping thrust, it even taxi by itself in idle without any thrust, I think this is a real behaviour of jets. The Wilco doesn't - and after landing in normal mode (no VSTOL) it stopps after few hundred metres while other jets in that size don't....
    I tried out some friction trials here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/392772-in...ound-friction/

but those don't affect the Wilco Harrier moves movements... (sorry, that's better english...)
    Means "that's better English"
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi,

okay, I reinstalled the Wilco meanwhile and everything is fine now.
    That's pretty good in fact, but on the other hand, I would like have to know why this fricton behaviour started....
    Anyway, again many thanks to all of you for your help!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Hi,

okay, I reinstalled the Wilco meanwhile and everything is fine now.
    That's pretty good in fact, but on the other hand, I would like have to know why this fricton behaviour started....
    Anyway, again many thanks to all of you for your help!
    Manfred,

First: sorry for not having seen this thread untill now. Because I certainly would have responded to this thread earlier.

But if you are still interrested in how this behaviour started, I might have the explanation.

Did you install my addon rcbwh20-7.zip for the Wilco Harrier ??
    Because then I can perfectly explain what you observed.
    And I am even willing to correct this.

FYI:
    Taxiing at 0% throttle with brakes released, isn't normal for a Harrier (or, from what I know: for any jet-engine aircraft).
    The fact that the UKMIL Harrier behaves that way too, doesn't mean its correct

Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0