Iris F-16D Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris F-16D Released

gajit
    so nice to have great FPS with this IRIS product. I have only 10 - 14fps with the Aerosoft F-16 which is not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    . . . .Man, I have no idea. I can't say that I ever remember that on any of the jets we have. Antistatic maybe, but that's just a guess really. Unless someone here actually knows from experience, I'd say pose that question over at F-16.net and you will get an answer.
    That could be, the color was matte gray with a angular pattern to it's texture like it had a weaved into it, like a fabric or mesh material. You could feel and see the texture. You could also tell it was manually applied because there were uneven or bubbled places in the material like someone had stuck duct tape to it!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Wow!! gajit!! that's a stunning shot!! looks very realistic!! I'm really in trouble now!! I haven't bought The L-39 yet and just got back from Harley Davidson dealer where I spent $$ on some chrome and now this!!.........my wallet can't keep up with this pace!! haha!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

gajit
    Man - you have taste with that Harley

yago9
    ..bang

JamesChams
    Alright! I'll buy it. But, NOT right now!

Videre Vincere Est

Awesome man!

Can you do me a favor by doing a fictional RNLAF one (as in a current bird in a Delta-jacket)?

Working on one right now (with the hunchback and all, but it will be total fiction based on the Polish camo) and i'm not fast since my Photoshop gone really rusty with this DDS stuff.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

yago9
    I didn,t plan to do any, but I can,t control myself like always...I tired to do it for this model but I can,t find the hump and upper tanks files..so I,ve switched it in frustration..

Yago, you just made my day. Can't wait to get this bird!

gajit
    The Aerosoft and IRIS F-16s on dusk flight

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Great work, impressive!

I also note differences in interpretation of the F-16 model between Aerosoft and IRIS.

Then again, they are both great!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

Here a WIP shot of the `Lioness`.

A fictional RNLAF purchased `D` in a re-activated 315 Sqn colour, fictionally stationed at Volkel (Duh).

Yes, the bird is the original Polish paint, but perhaps a new base paint will arrive the next day´s or so

She will get a nice Volkel tail with the proud former Twente based Sqn´s lion and a Barbant ribbon.

Just for fun, and a bit of getting to know the paint structure of this bird.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Loving that, 313 was always my favourite KLu sqn too, think its because it's because of Sheik Aarts lol.

I have to say also that shot from Gagit is awesome, I still think the Aerosoft one looks better even if it is a bit frame heavy! Where did you find that California Air National Guard paint though its really nice!

Well I am not disappointed at all with the Iris version, it's going to get a lot of flight time. :ernae:

Videre Vincere Est
    Another WIP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

I've been spending some time looking over the interior cockpit shots and going back in my mind to what I remember from being in the cockpit at least 2 or 3 times a day, lol. Being an Egress Tech, my eyes are scanning the seat and canopy. . .the one thing that I found most obvious (it sure wouldn't keep me from buying it though) is that the attach bolts for the Canopy Transparency aren't modeled. The interior canopy frame is smooth with no bolt heads showing. I used to know exactly how many bolts held the transparency in place, but I'm guessing now about 45 on each side plus the fwd and aft bow, probably another 20 to 25 on each. Maybe it's something that could be added later on.

Still a great looking airplane and I'm looking forward to the day when I win the lottery so I can enjoy it too, lol, lol. . .jk David.

Hey, if anyone can take up another paint, I'd like to get one done in the markings of the 301st FW sometime. Once I have the airplane of course.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

And ready (my first livery that is :-))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Love it warrant!

yago9
    Yea Warrant, looks excellent,but do you care to share your knowledge about the location of the hunchback and tank files ?

I had this error message after installing Iris F16D when I started the game....any ideea what is this about ? I know it,s not an Iris file but I it would be triggered after this install ?

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

Sure buddy, the dorsal stuff and the backpack tanks are located in F16D_07_T, thats where i put my text and roundels.

The left bit is the dorsal spine, and the stuff adjecent to that (right) is the fueltank stuff.

Figured that one out with FSX on the left screen and Photoshop on the middle. Had Internet on the right for the Sqn logo's and tailnumbers :-)

I'll upload my repaint here tomorrow (have to do stuff with the pilot as well). I'll add an extra JPG with what is what. :ernae:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    I had this error message after installing Iris F16D when I started the game....any ideea what is this about ? I know it,s not an Iris file but I it would be triggered after this install ?
    Tried this?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=113.0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

JamesChams
    Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

You've got an old version of FSDT's Addon Manager installed. Download the latest FSDT Addon Manager X (Click here) and install it. That should resolve it; and you can always ask "Virtuali" for tech. support if something else should come up (Click here).

He's really good when it comes to support.

yago9
    Thx James..I just installed the latest version..i,ll try later to see if it solved the problem..

JamesChams
    Glad it was helpful Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

ONLY check your EXE.xml file to make sure all the elements are loading correctly...In my case, one statement was deleted by the installer.
    Read this post for how I fixed it: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2128.0

Now everything works, Good Luck!

yago9
    Thx..it worked.This one almost worked too..even with out any tips..Wire frame ,lines rivets and shadows would be very helpful to be added on each file of the most needed paint kit..