Innsbruck Airport (ICAO: LOWI, IATA: INN) is located in the west of Innsbruck, about 5 km from the city center, in the Höttinger Au.
The foundation for the later Airport Höttinger Au at Kranebitten west of the city in 1946 was defined by the French occupation forces and two years later, on 15 January 1948, the new airport at the present site was opened in the Ulfiswiese. On 8 October 1954 saw the establishment of the Tyrolean airport mbH with the directors Hermann Egger and Moritz burner. A first major test was the Olympic Winter Games in 1964 and those in 1976, which were held in Innsbruck. In the late 1970s flew in both the summer and in the winter season charter flight chains at the Innsbruck airport and...