PDA

View Full Version : Another question 'bout static aircraft....

Navy Chief
April 13th, 2016, 04:03
Guy Diotte has created some fine static aircraft. I am in the process of placing several of them at various Naval Air Station sceneries. But he understandably did not include many repaint choices. So my question is, could I make a static aircraft from, say one of Ray Parker's creations, for my own use? His Corsair II AI aircraft included quite a few NAS Cecil Field - based squadrons. NC

falcon409
April 13th, 2016, 05:22
Guy Diotte has created some fine static aircraft. I am in the process of placing several of them at various Naval Air Station sceneries. But he understandably did not include many repaint choices. So my question is, could I make a static aircraft from, say one of Ray Parker's creations, for my own use? His Corsair II AI aircraft included quite a few NAS Cecil Field - based squadrons. NC
Pete, I have used SAMM_V2 (Static Aircraft Model Maker_version2) on several scenery projects and after getting the system down found it quite sufficient in making static aircraft from just about any airplane I have available.

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=SAMM&JS=TRUE

Dimus
April 13th, 2016, 05:50
Alternatively, you could create another instance of Diotte's static plane model using MCX. You will need to import the mdl or bgl, change the model name and GUID and export it in bgl. Then you can change its textures with the ones you repainted. You can repeat this process for as many different paints you need to have.

Navy Chief
April 13th, 2016, 06:00
I think my best bet will be using Samm. Have the program, but only used once or twice and forgot about it. Will try, thanks. NC

expat
April 13th, 2016, 07:49
NC, save yourself a lot of bother! What I do is just make up AI that fly somewhere - it can be the same airport at 3am only once a week. They are all "static" whenever I visit the base AND their quality and detail AND wide choice of repaints are all generally better than static aircraft bgl's.