PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to P3D V3

AussieMan
April 12th, 2016, 19:20
Yes I am uninstalling P3D V3.2 for now as I am having too many problems with it.

First off I have lost default CH controls and now I am having problems with some scenery I am beta testing.

I have mapped the CH Yoke and Throttle Quadrant through FSUIPC but for some reason I have to remap them at least once a week. I am also beta testing some new OZx airports and have suddenly began to have problems with library objects.

So for now until an update for V3 I am going back to P3D V2.5.

gman5250
April 12th, 2016, 19:59
P3D 2.5 is my default fallback as well Pat. I like the color better and it seems most stable.

I'm working and flying in 3.2, which is vastly better than 3.1, but the dynamic reflections seem to come at too high of a cost in performance and with the anti aliasing issues that crop up with DR enabled. The cost benefit just doesn't justify it for me.

I'll always update to the most current revisions for work reasons, but flying 2.5 yields the best experience. That said, I can see where LM is going with DR and it looks good, but it looks like it may be a few revisions down the road.

IMHO.

BTW, I really struggled with the CH controllers for a long time. The drivers are ancient and there doesn't seem to be any interest in updating to keep up with simulator tech. I pretty much resolved the controller issues when I choked down the cost of the Warthog setup.

Cheers...

Naismith
April 12th, 2016, 22:26
By the time LM get their act together with luck the DTG new sim will be out and be as fantastic as we all hope it will be. I went back to FSX such was my experience. :banghead:

Mach3DS
April 13th, 2016, 08:29
The color problem (from my perspective) with DR <ON> is that the reflected area is not contrasted enough. It's too washed out. The same is true with the default GlobalAC_chrome and *Test.dds files. They are not contrasted enough and don't have enough color being displayed as the reflection. I felt the same way as gman did about v2.5 looking better...UNTIL....I changed out the default GlobalEnv maps and Chrome....I keep HDR turned <ON> but turned off the DR, and then adjust as needed. That was the missing link for me. P3Dv3.2 looks as good if not better since adding in the Clouds/Terrain Shadow tweak the other day. Looks very very good. I've not suffered any ill effects with addons to this point. I use Bob Rivera's (Bananabob) Replacement textures.

Dangerous Beans
April 13th, 2016, 09:06
AussieMan re losing the joystick setting in FSUIPC did you edit the line AutoAssignLetters=No to read AutoAssignLetters=Yes in the FSUIPC.ini ?

AussieMan
April 13th, 2016, 15:19
AussieMan re losing the joystick setting in FSUIPC did you edit the line AutoAssignLetters=No to read AutoAssignLetters=Yes in the FSUIPC.ini ?

Yep done all that. Previously I didn't have to map them in FSUIPC just set them as you would with FSX.