PDA

View Full Version : Milviz Phantom E in P3Dv3.2

Daube
April 11th, 2016, 04:14
Hi all,

Last week I took the opportunity to buy the Phantom E thanks to Milviz spring sales. I installed it in P3D v3.2, knowing that the plane IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED IN 3.2.
Yes, I did a little bit of research already.
So I know the plane currently makes the sim crash to desktop in some conditions, and I'm not complaining about this, I know I have to wait for the next patch. No problems.

I just wanted to check the other users feedback regarding the FPS impact of that plane. On my computer, the FPS impact is just dramatic, even if I set the FPS to "unlimited". FPS barely reach the 20's in best case, plane cold and dark at the parking in Bowerman.
For info, I also have the Milviz F-15, Baron, B737 and the F-86, and all are "smooth" to "smooth-enough". So I'm a bit surprised by the Phantom FPS impact.

Is this a known problem already ?

Cirrus N210MS
April 11th, 2016, 05:15
i have my Phantom in 3.2 and its working no crashing yet :dizzy: i just need to learn the systems and get it fired up

Daube
April 11th, 2016, 05:23
Mine crashed while I was playing around with the switches trying to start the engines.
I had activated the GPU and set the GENs to ground, then when I tried to launch one of the engines, the sim crashed to desktop. But anyways, I understand these problems will get fixed in the next patch.

How are the FPS on your computer with that Phantom ? Mine are just terrible :/ And this is the only plane with such an impact.
Of course, the F-15 also has some impact, but it gets smooth if I set the FPS to unlimited.
That Phantom stayed at 13 FPS with unlimited FPS yesterday :dizzy:

Cirrus N210MS
April 11th, 2016, 05:54
Mine crashed while I was playing around with the switches trying to start the engines.
I had activated the GPU and set the GENs to ground, then when I tried to launch one of the engines, the sim crashed to desktop. But anyways, I understand these problems will get fixed in the next patch.

How are the FPS on your computer with that Phantom ? Mine are just terrible :/ And this is the only plane with such an impact.
Of course, the F-15 also has some impact, but it gets smooth if I set the FPS to unlimited.
That Phantom stayed at 13 FPS with unlimited FPS yesterday :dizzy:

0 frame rate hit :wavey:

Daube
April 11th, 2016, 06:11
No FPS impact at all ??
Then I have a problem...
Thanks for the info.

Cirrus N210MS
April 11th, 2016, 06:54
0 frame rate hit :wavey:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 960
Driver version: 361.75
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 1024
Core clock: 1304 MHz
Memory data rate: 7010 MHz
Memory interface: 128-bit
Memory bandwidth: 112.16 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 12278 MB
Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 8182 MB
Video BIOS version: 84.06.26.00.61
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Device Id: 10DE 1401 39693842
Part Number: G301 0001

Dimus
April 11th, 2016, 07:00
An updated version with full support for 3.2 is currently under testing. I would suggest you wait for the new installer. If the FPS hit is still there then seek for advice at the MV forum.

I can agree with Cirrus though that also for me there is no notable FPS hit with the Phantom in 3.2 and we happen to have the same video card.

Daube
April 11th, 2016, 07:34
I have a GTX970, that's why I'm surprised.
Anyways, I'll test again tonight if possible, just out of curiosity.
And yes, I'm aware of the upcoming version for 3.2 :)

Stickshaker
April 11th, 2016, 10:26
That is good news, Dimus! Will it also cure the problem that some users get the message that the plane is not licenced for 'this simulator' (P3D) after which P3D terminates? I have that problem with the F-4E, J/S and P-38L and posted on the MilViz forum but got no answer yet.

Dimus
April 11th, 2016, 11:07
Not aware of that issue so can not comment Stickshaker.

Also, Daube, I was wrong, I also have a 970, not 960.

Mach3DS
April 11th, 2016, 11:53
That is good news, Dimus! Will it also cure the problem that some users get the message that the plane is not licenced for 'this simulator' (P3D) after which P3D terminates? I have that problem with the F-4E, J/S and P-38L and posted on the MilViz forum but got no answer yet.

That issue is resolvable (I think)...I'm pretty sure Bill (n4gix) can help you out. Otherwise hit the MV forums. I'm about 90% sure I know the solution. I can't give support here though. Sorry.

Stickshaker
April 12th, 2016, 11:08
Rick, I just posted on the support forum! I am very anxious to meet you there!

Mach3DS
April 12th, 2016, 12:23
Looks like Bill responded with the exact solution I thought he would. This fixed it for our beta team too.

Stickshaker
April 16th, 2016, 02:27
You are right, Rick, but after that Colin posted that the Phantoms do not yet work in v3.2 and that they are working on that. So we'll just have to wait.

DagR
April 16th, 2016, 12:37
Just got an e-mail from MilViz notifying about a new update to the F-4E with installer link :-) A major update :-)

Best regards Dag

Stickshaker
April 17th, 2016, 04:53
Yes, I got one too. But there is something the matter with the download, so we are to expect another mail shortly.

Stickshaker
April 18th, 2016, 11:08
The newest version seems to work in v3.2 although I have only taxied, not flown yet. Thank you MilViz!

Daube
April 18th, 2016, 11:25
Just downloaded, installing soon.
Thanks for the feedback, Stickshaker.

Daube
April 18th, 2016, 13:06
Made my first flight. I had to set my FPS to unlimited, else the FPS would drop too far :/
And even with unlimited FPS, I could barely maintain 25-28 FPS... This plane consumes way more FPS than their F-15.

But excepted this, the plane was very pleasant to fly, and surprisingly easy to land (on runways). I really need to read the manual though, because I couldn't find how to intialize the inertial nav. But I like discovering the cockpits without reading the manuals, I like to "guess" how to proceed. A few more tooltips would have been helpfull, though :/
Also, for some reason, a lot of my keyboard commands were "captured" by the plane. For example, the BACKSPACE key, which should reset the zoom to its default value in my sim, wouldn't work anymore... and i had to click on the screen in order to get my + and - keys to operate the zoom again.

Ah, and good thing the default TacPack SHIFT+N activated the nosewheel steering :D

roger-wilco-66
April 18th, 2016, 13:23
Hmm, I got the update notice and updated it today. Now I get a CTD as soon as the sim (P3D V3.1) loads it. Bummer.

Cheers,
Mark

Katoun
April 19th, 2016, 06:35
Now I get a CTD as soon as the sim (P3D V3.1) loads it.
Please Update your P3D with the latest hotfix (3.2.3)

roger-wilco-66
April 19th, 2016, 10:50
Please Update your P3D with the latest hotfix (3.2.3)

Kat, thanks for the note. Updated to the latest version, and all is fine!

Cheers,
Mark

Stickshaker
April 23rd, 2016, 11:57
The -J and -S now also work in v3.2!