PDA

View Full Version : FsX scenery.

b52bob
April 10th, 2016, 06:00
I have always wondered, does FSX scenery install correctly in 2.x and 3.X?

i know that orbx scenery has its own installer for p3d. Is this just an installer or is it modified from FSX?

There Are some good sceneries out there and I would like to use some.

thanks,
Bob

falcon409
April 10th, 2016, 07:16
My best advice would be to download them and then install them manually. If it has an installer and will let you install to a folder on your desktop, then you can manually place the scenery wherever you have your addon scenery located (mine is on a separate drive). If no installer, then you can add it as you would any other scenery. . .manually. I have some scenery that was done for FSX and all objects appear as they should. . .others that I have from early FSX are just the opposite. . .none of the objects will show. Normally, photoreal ground textures are fine and any objects that are default FSX are usually ok, but when you get into custom objects it seems to get a bit more dicey. Depends on what SDK was used to compile the objects and the best way is just to install them and have a look.

Keeping everything together is the best way also. Some people (for whatever reason) want to drag all the scenery bgl's to the Addon scenery/scenery folder (in P3D you have to make your own now) and all the textures to the Addon Scenery/texture folder. Leave everything in the folders they came in, just move the entire folder structure to wherever you have your other sceneries, add them to the scenery library in the Sim and activate them. . .then go have a look.

b52bob
April 10th, 2016, 18:46
thanks a million

Bob