PDA

View Full Version : Best Nvidea driver

Naismith
April 9th, 2016, 23:52
What is considered the best driver for FSX? Dratted W10 went and installed the newest one and it seems to have caused stutters where none existed before.... If it's not one thing with this sim it's another.
TIA

musterpilot
April 10th, 2016, 00:07
I put the 364.72 driver on today no change what so ever every thing the same for now
I am running w10

hschuit
April 10th, 2016, 01:10
Many sources recommend to block Windows Update From Installing driver updates:
There’s still a “Never install driver software from Windows Update” option in the final version of Windows 10, buried in the old Control Panel.
To access this option, open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what to do option.
Select “Never install driver software from Windows Update.”

I always download NVidia driver updates from http://www.geforce.com/drivers, 364.72 works without problems for me.

DaveWG
April 10th, 2016, 01:28
I'm using 364.72 without problems, but was using 361.43 before that which worked well.

Roger
April 10th, 2016, 03:56
364.72 on my pc as a clean install was not good. I lost vsync in full screen mode and very stuttery with freezes as I panned around.

txnetcop
April 10th, 2016, 05:31
They all work for the most part. I loaded the latest driver yesterday but went back to my best on this ancient unit 4.2 Ghz Intel QX9650 with 2 GTX 285 in SLI and Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.3 was 341.95. It was fast and without errors.
Ted

Naismith
April 10th, 2016, 09:54
Thanks all. Some investigating ahead..... :applause:

falcon409
April 10th, 2016, 11:52
Thanks all. Some investigating ahead..... :applause:
Indeed, I regularly move to the "Next Best" driver whenever it's released and to be honest, after all these years of using NVidia drivers I have never really seen any difference, lol

stansdds
April 11th, 2016, 01:47
Years ago I chased after each new and improved Nvidia driver. What I found out was that if I had a driver that performed well with a specific graphics card, installing newer drivers did not make a significant impact, although some brought new problems. I no longer chase the latest and greatest drivers.

greenie
April 11th, 2016, 04:20
Just checking Nvidea site and I find my GTX 780 is up to date (apparently) with driver 335.02 . It works fine so I'll stay put.

PhantomP
April 11th, 2016, 07:27
What's the safest way of trying a new nvidea driver out,but also being able to go back to the old one if need be?

Rudyjo
April 11th, 2016, 10:00
I have not updated my Nvidia drivers for many years.
Flight Simulator is the only "Game" I have on my hard drive.
When I used to check what the updates did, it mentioned that it would improve all kinds of games, but no mention of doing anything for MSFS.
My 4 year old Nvidia drivers work just fine, why mess with them?

Stickshaker
April 11th, 2016, 10:20
All drivers in the past year at least work fine for me.

mikewmac
April 11th, 2016, 10:53
I have not updated my Nvidia drivers for many years.
Flight Simulator is the only "Game" I have on my hard drive.
When I used to check what the updates did, it mentioned that it would improve all kinds of games, but no mention of doing anything for MSFS.
My 4 year old Nvidia drivers work just fine, why mess with them?
+1 :encouragement: