PDA

View Full Version : Just like the song..."I need a hero"

Rami
April 8th, 2016, 04:45
Hey guys,

Kdriver pointed out a problem when he was updating his Med install, and I'm hoping that someone can bail me out from a lot of extra work this weekend...

Somehow the Operation Pedestal and Mezzagosto installer for Part II, as well as the Malta Spitfire Part I packages have gotten corrupted, both at my box.net site and here at SOH. They will not extract!

If someone has a working copy, even if it it lacks updates, could you please send it to me? The only alternative is to rebuild the installer from scratch, which would take at least a few days.

You can send it to me at ramisoh at aol dot com or drew3424 at comcast dot net

I would recommend using these file services to send them: www.sendthisfile.com or www.yousendit.com

Thanks in advance,

Allen
April 8th, 2016, 10:14
What part has gone bad?

Rami
April 8th, 2016, 10:48
Allen,

The .exe file will not extract from the download. This also affects the Malta Spitfire Part I package. I think I can access the readme files, so unless someone bails me out, I will have to recompile the .exe files. That means downloading all of the files again, including aircraft, soundpacks, weapons, fixing panel .cfg files, adding skins, panels, and all of the other work associated with building these. :banghead:

Shadow Wolf 07
April 8th, 2016, 10:56
Hey, yo Rami: Zip something up and attach it to an email to me. I tried to extract my Operation Pedestal (original full download) and it came up with an error. Maybe something is bad in your zipping programming.

Allen
April 8th, 2016, 11:03
Allen,

The .exe file will not extract from the download. This also affects the Malta Spitfire Part I package. I think I can access the readme files, so unless someone bails me out, I will have to recompile the .exe files. That means downloading all of the files again, including aircraft, soundpacks, weapons, fixing panel .cfg files, adding skins, panels, and all of the other work associated with building these. :banghead:

I got the Malta Spitfire Part I package to extract with 7-Zip File Manager but the exe it self has an error. It says "UIRES\DLG_saveconfiguration.jpg This file contains invalid data. (error 11FD)" All of the other file look to unpack just fine.

Rami
April 8th, 2016, 11:15
Greg,

I double-checked all of the other uploads with four different compression programs and got the same results. They are all fine. Only those two are corrupted.

Allen,

That's a standard "sit on it and rotate" from ClickTeam. The archive got corrupted.

And as far as the request for a working executable...there have been over 170 downloads since the upload was originally posted. If the archive was corrupt from the get-go, someone like Stoney, Highpockets, or Killer Svend would have said something by now.

Allen
April 8th, 2016, 13:36
I see but vary odd that the same file would get corrupted at 2 different web sights.

Maybe time to change auto installer programs. I use Inno Setup 5 and InnoIDE. Worked fine for me. I used it before I did CFS1 to CFS2 never had a prob with it. It can do many thing but I have never set down to read how to do all those fancy things.

If the DLG_saveconfiguration.jpg is the only thing missing I can probly recomple the Malta Spitfire Part I package in 5 to 10 min once I have the missing DLG_saveconfiguration.jpg with InnoIDE and have an auto install exe ready.

Just let me know!

EDIT:
InnoIDE files I made for CFS1 to CFS2 re-configed to Malta Spitfire Part I. All ReadMe and legal file set. Had to read up on how to add a license file check to the installer but not too hard to get done and add back the uninstall option.

Captain Kurt
April 9th, 2016, 01:06
:very_drunk::very_drunk:

Aloha Andrew,
Check your email. I have both - they extracted OK for me.

Rami
April 9th, 2016, 02:37
Kurt,

Dude...I'm giving you a BIG virtual bear hug. Please send me Pedestal / Mezzagosto as well?

THANK YOU!!! :wavey:

Captain Kurt
April 9th, 2016, 10:36
Hi Andrew

I loaded it into yousendit.com last night and sent Pedestal. Sounds like you didn't get an email from them, so I'm sending again right now. Let me know if you still don't get an email with the link.

Rami
April 9th, 2016, 12:15
Kurt,

This one got through. Many thank yous for your preservation efforts!

Rami
April 9th, 2016, 14:23
Good afternoon,

Okay, fellas. Both packages have been restored thanks to Captain Kurt. I double-checked both packages after uploading, downloading them from my box.net site as well as from SOH, and now they both extract fine, and then operate normally.

I really appreciate being spared from a mountain of work that in all honesty, I didn't really have time for!