PDA

View Full Version : My Aerosoft F-16 "Extented"

xpelekis
April 7th, 2016, 14:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbQAZCP1tA

mikewmac
April 8th, 2016, 03:12
Great job Chris! :applause:

Will you be making this mod available to we TacPack Integration challenged Aerosoft F-16 users? :ernaehrung004:

jmig
April 8th, 2016, 15:39
Yes, please. I would love to see the F-16 do TacPac.

xpelekis
April 8th, 2016, 23:44
Only works what you see in video :
Vulcan, AIM-9s & free falling bombs. No Flares/Chaffs, no AIM-7s, no RWR.

Until someone more expert than me do it. If you're ok with this, I'll release this modification
at some time this afternoon. Cheers.

xpelekis
April 9th, 2016, 03:46
Kind of limited Tacpack integration : Vulcan, all bombs but just free falling, AIM-9s.

No RWR, Flares/Chaffs, AIM-7s, guided bombs (free falling only).

All credits belong to Dino Cattaneo.

Download Link : https://app.box.com/s/1q1bv3l6lhiagrue4lu3yn6dtua3lril

mikewmac
April 9th, 2016, 04:09
Kind of limited Tacpack integration : Vulcan, all bombs but just free falling, AIM-9s.

No RWR, Flares/Chaffs, AIM-7s, guided bombs (free falling only).

All credits belong to Dino Cattaneo.

Download Link : https://app.box.com/s/1q1bv3l6lhiagrue4lu3yn6dtua3lril
Thanks Chris,
This is a great start for we Tacpack Integration challenged Aerosoft F-16C users like me. :ernaehrung004:

Stickshaker
April 9th, 2016, 05:45
Thank you very much, Chris! Excellent work!

Victory103
April 9th, 2016, 13:19
Thanks xpelekis, this should be somewhat straight forward to adding to the Iris D model as well. Maybe Ed on the VRS forums can help with the much needed chaff/flares/RWR.

Stickshaker
April 14th, 2016, 10:50
Hello Chris,

Your mod works excellently well, except for the sounds. I get the message that sounds in the F14D-panel-sound folder cannot be found, although I did install Dino´s F14D. And when I select guns or cannon, the accompanying sounds also cannot be found, so I hear no growl if the Sidewinder locks onto a target etc. My question is whether I need extra sounds and where I should install them.
I hope you can advise me. Thank you for this very nice mod!

xpelekis
April 14th, 2016, 11:59
Since you have F-14D installed, try this :

Open in your F-16 the : panel.Tacpack -> Sound -> Sound.ini

and replace the three first lines with the following :

[Sounds]
Sound00=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Grumman_F14D/Panel/Sound/Gun.wav,100
Sound01=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Grumman_F14D/Panel/Sound/SWGrowlSeek.wav,100
Sound02=./SimObjects/Airplanes/Grumman_F14D/Panel/Sound/SWGrowlLock.wav,100

Tell me if this works for you...

Stickshaker
April 14th, 2016, 13:32
Thanks, Chris, will try this and report back!

Stickshaker
April 16th, 2016, 06:45
Hello Chris,
No joy. When loading the plane I get the message that the sound.ini file cannot be found and that the file dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini file (in the F-14 panel tacpack folder) is used instead. The path to the sound.ini file in the panel.cfg points to the F-14D so I changed it to point to the F-16 panel tacpack, where the sound.ini file of your mod is, but that does not make any difference. When I arm the Sidewinders I get the message that the soundfiles cannot be found, and sometimes the same happens when I select the gun. Editing the sound.ini file as per your suggestion did not make a difference.<o:p></o:p>
I discovered that the name of the sound.ini file when I open it with Notebook to edit it becomes dsd_fsx_xml_sound.txt. Could this have anything to do with it? I also noted that in your sound.ini file there are references to the F-14 whereas all soundfiles are in the F-16 panel tacpack folder and the F-14 will perhaps not always be installed.<o:p></o:p>

xpelekis
April 16th, 2016, 22:44
It's kind of strange because for others work ok even in P3D v3...
But I'll have a look again. I missed some F-14D entries (for making it standalone).

What is the name of F-16 folder you're trying to install into (maybe a difference there)?...

Stickshaker
April 17th, 2016, 01:31
Hello Chris,
It is: F-16AM 120 9 370. And it does not work in P3D v3.2 (that is a pity, but not terribly important for me).
Glad that you will look into this!

xpelekis
April 17th, 2016, 02:50
Check your PM's please and sorry for confusing you with someone else...
you'll understand what I mean... :encouragement:

Stickshaker
April 17th, 2016, 05:59
Hello Chris,
The new setup is an improvement. I now get the sounds of missiles and gun, and the F-14D is not needed anymore. But there are still problems:
- When I exit the flight, I get the messages that the sound.ini file in the F-16C panel…….. cannot be found and that the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini (in the same folder) is used. When I then reload the flight the sounds do not work anymore.
- The Sidewinders do not guide. They behave like unguided missiles.
I do not know whether these two problems are related. Anyway: I am glad that I have sounds now, even if I have to restart FSX if I want to make more than one flight. Thank you for all your efforts.
Best regards,
Stickshaker