PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here using Ezdok?

ejoiner
April 7th, 2016, 06:32
What are opinions? I have had it a week and find it buggy, not stable and about 2 out of 3 times it crashes at launch of FSX due to simconnect time outs.

When it works, its cool, but I can live without the headaches.

ncooper
April 7th, 2016, 06:56
Interesting, I have had it for about a week too and am finding that it does just what it says on the tin.
I don't have Track IR and I wanted the dynamic head movement mainly but now I see how to set the
cameras up, I add them to my aircraft as I use them.
It seems that for every satisfied user there is another who isn't.

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2016, 06:59
Mine works, but I am too lazy to set up the views for each aircaft. I usually disable it when I start FSX. It's a case of "Pa Kettle" type thinking......"I gotta fix that one of these days!"....

Anyone old enough to remember the Ma and Pa Kettle movies will know what I mean:very_drunk: NC

cavaricooper
April 7th, 2016, 07:09
Change False to True in the exe.xml

Start manually once in the VC

NO MORE ISSUES- period!

HTH

C

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2016, 07:11

NO MORE ISSUES- period!

HTH

C

Gotta try that, thanks!

gman5250
April 7th, 2016, 07:21
I've got the current rev of EZDok. On one hand, I'm happy to have it in P3D but there are quirks.

I get the simconnect time out in FSX, P3D2.5 and P3D3.2 about 80% of the time at boot. In P3D2.5, it only works in windowed mode but I've figured out a work around that lets me fly windowless and still use EZDok, but there are serious drawbacks.

In P3D3.2 it works fine, but I have to boot EZDok after the sim is booted. It works well in windowless mode, but on longer flights tends to just drop out. I lose my numbered shortcut keys and the hat switch on the joystick. The throttle hat stick still functions...weird.

The positive feedback:
Having the smooth floating cameras and exquisite natural head/camera POV movements both inside and out plus the floating/smoothing capabilities for TrackIR, I prefer EZDok over OPUS.

Hopefully, the developer will be working out the bugs and there will be an update. At least they came back and updated the software after a long hiatus. :encouragement:

cavaricooper
April 7th, 2016, 08:36
Gordon-

I too start it manually after I'm in the VC.... Works like a treat! No issues VHHH-KSEA....

C

ejoiner
April 7th, 2016, 09:29
I've got the current rev of EZDok. On one hand, I'm happy to have it in P3D but there are quirks.

I get the simconnect time out in FSX, P3D2.5 and P3D3.2 about 80% of the time at boot. In P3D2.5, it only works in windowed mode but I've figured out a work around that lets me fly windowless and still use EZDok, but there are serious drawbacks.

In P3D3.2 it works fine, but I have to boot EZDok after the sim is booted. It works well in windowless mode, but on longer flights tends to just drop out. I lose my numbered shortcut keys and the hat switch on the joystick. The throttle hat stick still functions...weird.

The positive feedback:
Having the smooth floating cameras and exquisite natural head/camera POV movements both inside and out plus the floating/smoothing capabilities for TrackIR, I prefer EZDok over OPUS.

Hopefully, the developer will be working out the bugs and there will be an update. At least they came back and updated the software after a long hiatus. :encouragement:

I get the same weirdness. I wish they would figure it out. I invest a lot in sim hardware and PC.

ejoiner
April 7th, 2016, 09:38

NO MORE ISSUES- period!

HTH

C

So I added the following to my exe.xml load out section for Ezdok

(ManualLoad) True (/ManualLoad) carrots changed to brackets to make this show up here...

This creates a dialog during sim boot up to start Ezdok. Dont see much difference between this and having it run in the background to start. Should I configure this some other way?

cavaricooper
April 7th, 2016, 09:42
I did NOT add anything.... Just changed False to True in the standard location.

C

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2016, 12:51

NO MORE ISSUES- period!

HTH

C

Ok, gotta a glitch.

I edited my .exe file. EZDOK does not load automatically, as expected now. But when I try to start it manually I get this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36828&stc=1

I am able to revert back to auto load, but am wondering why the manual load does not work. Obviously has to do with the popup error .dll file......

UPDATE: Fixed it. I have more than one EZCA install directory. Had used wrong .exe file. Now works ok!

cavaricooper
April 7th, 2016, 15:40
Glad it's sorted Chief- I will not use the auto through this version anyhow... perhaps in V2....

Still- It's something I can't fly without, and once you dial in the CR and DRM you will have sim nirvana.

Best- C

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2016, 17:30
Glad it's sorted Chief- I will not use the auto through this version anyhow... perhaps in V2....

Still- It's something I can't fly without, and once you dial in the CR and DRM you will have sim nirvana.

Best- C

CR and DRM?

cavaricooper
April 8th, 2016, 06:21
Chief-

RND DHM and CR are the 3 red buttons to the right. Random Movement, Dynamic Head Movement and Carriage Resonance. I NEVER use DHM (LM FINALLY REMOVED THIS RUBBISH in v3.2) and so I just dial DOWN the Master Levels for RND and CR. They are WAY too exaggerated in default. You can tailor individual settings, but I find the overall master control to be simple and effective. Obviously, the larger the a/c the less the RND... and usually CR as well.

Look at these videos- TOTALLY BRILLIANT- this is all you really need to know about using EZCA....
http://www.simforums.com/forums/my-ezdok-setup-videos_topic38637.html

HTH

C

Navy Chief
April 8th, 2016, 06:57
HTH,

Thanks for reminding me about those tutorial videos. I had watched the first three so,e time ago, and it is worth mentioning how convenient such videos are, as you can simply pause or go back and review anything you missed or did not understand! I have not watched the Effects videos. Well, I know what I will be doing today! Already mowed my yard, so outside work is finished. Time to play! :encouragement: NC

cavaricooper
April 9th, 2016, 10:01
Chief-

Glad to have helped (BTW -that's the HTH (Hope that helped) ;)

Carl

ejoiner
April 9th, 2016, 12:00
Chief-

Glad to have helped (BTW -that's the HTH (Hope that helped) ;)

Carl

I have a Saitek X-55 HOTAS set up and apparently so does Keith H (SemperFi over at Ezdok Support), so he set me up exactly and now it works great on the view system. :biggrin-new: