PDA

View Full Version : A question for Captain Kurt and Skylane...

Rami
April 6th, 2016, 09:50
Hey guys,

I have a question for both of you. Do either of you have use for a GSL harbour at Syracuse? I built one in the last couple of days for a Piaggio P.108 mission attacking shipping off Augusta and Syracuse, and since both the 82nd FG and the Defense of Sicily both focus on the island at least in part, I thought the harbour might be useful to you as well.

Unfortunately, it really doesn't benefit The Tuskegee Airmen all that much...

I'll post pics this evening after I get back from Parent-Teacher Conferences...ah the joys of teaching. :encouragement:

Rami
April 6th, 2016, 16:52
Good evening,

As promised...I may end up having to scale this one back just a skosh.

Captain Kurt
April 6th, 2016, 17:32
That will be impressive if it doesn't completely kill the frame rates. :biggrin-new:

But to answer the question, yes it would be an enhancement to the 82FG Campaign.

Rami
April 7th, 2016, 01:56
Kurt,

Let me tweak it a little bit, and I will send it to you and Wolfgang over the weekend. :very_drunk:

Do you need Augusta as well?

skylane
April 7th, 2016, 11:27
Hi Rami, these pictures look great! Why not add the scenery to your GSL Ports package?

My Sicily campaign is finished, and I do not plan to add to it in the near future. However, your GSL Ports are reqired for it, and in some of the missions you might fly over this area, so it would certainly be nice if the city and port would be there.

Also, it is very probable that I will return to this area in the future, so any scenery there is always appreciated! Also Augusta, as a seaplane base..

gius
April 7th, 2016, 12:07
Rami,

Congrats for the sceneries, but most of the buildings in Syracuse are untextured...

What kind of objects are concerned??

Gius

Rami
April 7th, 2016, 16:09
Rami,

Congrats for the sceneries, but most of the buildings in Syracuse are untextured...

What kind of objects are concerned??

Gius

Gius,

They are Wolfi's small city objects, 1 and 2. (They are in the seventh library pack, I think)

For some reason, when I run them off of a central installation, I have lost all color for them.

Rami
April 7th, 2016, 16:16
Hi Rami, these pictures look great! Why not add the scenery to your GSL Ports package?

My Sicily campaign is finished, and I do not plan to add to it in the near future. However, your GSL Ports are reqired for it, and in some of the missions you might fly over this area, so it would certainly be nice if the city and port would be there.

Also, it is very probable that I will return to this area in the future, so any scenery there is always appreciated! Also Augusta, as a seaplane base..

Skylane,

Because I want to wait until my work in the Mediterranean is finalized before I update something like that. You never know when I might need to build something else before it's all said and done.

I have to modify this anyway to water the city down a bit so it doesn't kill frame rates.

But there are a lot of locations all over the Med that only I am a few select others have, including Safi, Algiers, Toulon, Venice, Marghera, Vado Centro, Savona, Turin, Imperia, Genoa, Porto Maurizio, Marseilles, Frejus, Saint-Raphael, and Dijibouti. They will be released when everything is finished.