PDA

View Full Version : Purchased two new aircraft today...

rdaniell
April 5th, 2016, 13:50
They both were 35 percent off the regular price. I thought I had made a good decision to go ahead and get both the MilViz F-100 and the F-4. Total costs not too much than what one would normally cost.

My initial elation has rapidly evaporated, however. The F-100 installed and flies great; therefore, I'm happy with it. Not too happy with the F-4. No problems with the installation. It just simply won't work. Mind you this is the exact same computer. It will not get past the select aircraft page. Select the F-4, click on OK, and the little airplane in the view window just sits motionless until FSX times out and shuts itself down.

I have posted this at MilViz's support forum and now am waiting patiently for any suggestions. Problem with me is that I'm very much like a buzzard talking to another buzzard on a power line: "Patience, Hell, I'm fixing to kill something."

Bottom line for me is if no suggestions or solution is forthcoming, I will content myself by patting by own back and saying: "Good purchase. You got the one you really wanted but just had to pay a premium for the thrill of getting another one that doesn't function at all."

RD

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 14:00
They both were 35 percent off the regular price. I thought I had made a good decision to go ahead and get both the MilViz F-100 and the F-4. Total costs not too much than what one would normally cost.

My initial elation has rapidly evaporated, however. The F-100 installed and flies great; therefore, I'm happy with it. Not too happy with the F-4. No problems with the installation. It just simply won't work. Mind you this is the exact same computer. It will not get past the select aircraft page. Select the F-4, click on OK, and the little airplane in the view window just sits motionless until FSX times out and shuts itself down.

I have posted this at MilViz's support forum and now am waiting patiently for any suggestions. Problem with me is that I'm very much like a buzzard talking to another buzzard on a power line: "Patience, Hell, I'm fixing to kill something."

Bottom line for me is if no suggestions or solution is forthcoming, I will content myself by patting by own back and saying: "Good purchase. You got the one you really wanted but just had to pay a premium for the thrill of getting another one that doesn't function at all."

RD
I hope that you get a fix. I almost bought it just for that fantastic USS Coral Sea. I will wait to hear more about it from ya here.

rdaniell
April 5th, 2016, 14:16
I hope that you get a fix. I almost bought it just for that fantastic USS Coral Sea. I will wait to hear more about it from ya here.

I hope I get it fixed my own self. However, I think you may have the MilViz F-4 confused with the SSW F-4. No carrier with my download.

RD

rdaniell
April 5th, 2016, 14:19
....bet me that one of the MilViz folks will actually come over to my house and fix this problem or hell will freeze over before I get a cogent answer from the support forum. I truly hope he loses the bet.
RD

Katoun
April 5th, 2016, 18:25
Hi,

Your "friend" Bubba doesn't think very highly of us does he?

If the F-100D works, then the F-4 will as well. Someone on the forums will help you but do remember we're not on 24/7.

Thank you

Kat

StormILM
April 5th, 2016, 18:37
RD, if you have not done so already, along with what you've already posted in the support forum regarding the problem, also post your full system specs and if possible, check your OS Event Viewer to see if there's an error message that might help the support team rapidly nail down what may be going wrong.

I hope everything turns out well.

rdaniell
April 5th, 2016, 19:09
Hi,

Your "friend" Bubba doesn't think very highly of us does he? If the F-100D works, then the F-4 will as well. Someone on the forums will help you but do remember we're not on 24/7. Thank you Kat

No need to thank me Kat. I'm the one who should be thanking you. I'm going to take a wild stab here and say that you are not from South Georgia.
My post was pretty much completely "tongue in cheek." It did get your attention, however. My earlier little story about the two buzzards should have tipped you to
this.

Every thing is OK....Now where is my solution. Just joshing you.

RD

rdaniell
April 5th, 2016, 19:11
RD, if you have not done so already, along with what you've already posted in the support forum regarding the problem, also post your full system specs and if possible, check your OS Event Viewer to see if there's an error message that might help the support team rapidly nail down what may be going wrong. I hope everything turns out well.

Thanks Storm. Now can you tell me how to check the OS Event Viewer?

RD

ian elliot
April 5th, 2016, 22:17
Hi Randy, try----

Control panel---system and security---Administrative tools---view events log.
In Events viewer, look in Windows logs, and click on Application
In the Application (number of events) panel, look down the list and see if there are any errors or notifications from around the time you last flew the F4.

You might want to start a new flight and note down the time, making it easier to hunt down anything in the viewer

Ive just bought the F-4 also and im having a few problems but things are heading in the right direction, hope things work out for you.

cheers ian

keithb77
April 5th, 2016, 22:58
F4E works for me, no issues yet after several flights ... is it the E or the J that you bought?
Have you tried running the F4 Control panel/Milviz configurator?
Cheers
Keith

rdaniell
April 6th, 2016, 07:57
RD, if you have not done so already, along with what you've already posted in the support forum regarding the problem, also post your full system specs and if possible, check your OS Event Viewer to see if there's an error message that might help the support team rapidly nail down what may be going wrong. I hope everything turns out well.

Thanks Storm. I found the Event Viewer. There was a request at the MilViz forum for me to provide that exact same information.

RD

rdaniell
April 6th, 2016, 07:59
F4E works for me, no issues yet after several flights ... is it the E or the J that you bought?
Have you tried running the F4 Control panel/Milviz configurator? Cheers Keith

Keith, I have the E model. Yes I have run the control panel. I also have heard via the MilViz forum for a team member.

RD

rdaniell
April 6th, 2016, 08:01
Hi, Your "friend" Bubba doesn't think very highly of us does he? If the F-100D works, then the F-4 will as well. Someone on the forums will help you but do remember we're not on 24/7. Thank you Kat

Hi Kat,

I'm pleased to let you know that my "friend" Bubba lost his bet as I had hoped he would.

Peace+

RD

ColoKent
April 6th, 2016, 09:08
RD - JonathanBleeker (his screen name on MILVIZ forum) is FANTASTIC, patient, and tireless at helping to diagnose problems and suggest fixes. You'll get it worked out, I am confident.

EDIT: Sorry didn't notice as I was typing...it looks like you already got it worked out-- GOOD DEAL!

Kent

trucker17
April 6th, 2016, 09:30
Yep. MILVIZ, is usually very good about helping to get things sorted out.
To name one problem i was having. The F86 i love. and have loved itsince i first got it. But i had a problem getting the airbrakes to work, Having to look for the controls and take my eyes off the landing. (Usual result was crash before the runway.)
I contacted Milviz about some help on setting up my joystick to work the airbrakes, They worked with me until it was working.
Thanks MILVIZ. i still use the plane, and am still thrilled with it.

rdaniell
April 6th, 2016, 11:05
RD - JonathanBleeker (his screen name on MILVIZ forum) is FANTASTIC, patient, and tireless at helping to diagnose problems and suggest fixes. You'll get it worked out, I am confident. EDIT: Sorry didn't notice as I was typing...it looks like you already got it worked out-- GOOD DEAL! Kent

No it has not been resolved yet I was just acknowledging to Kat that someone at MilViz was looking into the problem for me. They now have the error reports and system specs.

RD

jmig
April 6th, 2016, 14:33
rdanial, just for grins, have you tried deleting and reloading the plane? As Kat said, if the F-100 works the F-4 should also.

rdaniell
April 6th, 2016, 16:01
rdanial, just for grins, have you tried deleting and reloading the plane? As Kat said, if the F-100 works the F-4 should also.

Grin really wide jmig as I have uninstalled and re-installed it on several occasions. I've even downloaded the installer zip file again and went through another delete and install operation using the new installer. NO JOY.

Additionally, I have copied the aircraft folder from the computer that it is working on to my FSX computer. Still NO JOY.

If it had a complicated install procedure, I might think I had installed it incorrectly. But it has a straight forward installation procedure plus I've tried several times.

BTW, it's rdaniell not rdanial.

RD

jmig
April 7th, 2016, 04:03
Well DANG! Hopefully, JB or one of the other experts can help. I am at a loss. When we were beta testing, I ran it on two different machines and never had an issue. Of course, that is as consoling to you as having a prickly cactus chair when you need to sit. Sorry about the misspelling of your name., I would blame it on old age but you are older than I am. So, I guess I will just have to admit I didn't pay close enough attention to your name. Egad, what a way to stat the day. :)

rdaniell
April 7th, 2016, 04:23
Well DANG! Hopefully, JB or one of the other experts can help. I am at a loss. When we were beta testing, I ran it on two different machines and never had an issue. Of course, that is as consoling to you as having a prickly cactus chair when you need to sit. Sorry about the misspelling of your name., I would blame it on old age but you are older than I am. So, I guess I will just have to admit I didn't pay close enough attention to your name. Egad, what a way to stat the day. :)

Thank you for a little humor this morning. I need it as it's beginning to look as though the culprit is my video card which I can't do anything about.

RD

Naruto-kun
April 7th, 2016, 10:18
I don't really hang out here much these days but since jmig asked.... :)

Check the latest 2 posts on your topic in the Milviz forum. Bill Leaming picked up on a potential solution that I missed since I am not too clued up on integrated video chipsets (normally work with proper video cards). If you can update your drivers you may have it working. Just to clarify some of the confusion in the forums though....DX11 is NOT a requirement. The minimum supported version is DX10 which your chipset does support (hence the external config manager working). We prefer DX11 but the code does automatically switch to DX10 if the hardware cannot support 11.

rdaniell
April 7th, 2016, 11:51
I don't really hang out here much these days but since jmig asked.... :)

Check the latest 2 posts on your topic in the Milviz forum. Bill Leaming picked up on a potential solution that I missed since I am not too clued up on integrated video chipsets (normally work with proper video cards). If you can update your drivers you may have it working. Just to clarify some of the confusion in the forums though....DX11 is NOT a requirement. The minimum supported version is DX10 which your chipset does support (hence the external config manager working). We prefer DX11 but the code does automatically switch to DX10 if the hardware cannot support 11.

Thank You. I have done everything suggested so far but, still NO JOY. My computer is completely up to date and working properly as I have run all the diagnostics and checked for all available updates for the driver. There were no missing updates on this computer. I didn't think that there would be as I regularly check for updates.

Since I have done all that has been suggested and still NO JOY, I have decided to simply uninstall both the airplanes. Just another $ 80.00 or so flushed down the toilet. That's my decision and opinion so please don't anybody feel the need to reply any further to this post. As far as I'm concerned, it is CLOSED. :gameoff:

RD

Roger
April 7th, 2016, 12:47
Ok RD, it's closed.