PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. F/O Paul Kleysteuber USAAF fighter pilot

Captain Kurt
April 5th, 2016, 11:03
My favorite uncle Paul died yesterday at the age of 94. He was a P-51 pilot in WWII. He had not gone to college when he volunteered so they only gave him a Flight Officer rank. He broke his arm in a motorcycle accident just before he was to deploy to England (I'm trying to identify exactly which unit he was to go to, probably as a replacement pilot since it was 1945) and was never sent. His best friend Otis Kurth, who he went through all the training with, went without Paul and was shot down and killed on a ground attack mission. I know Paul always felt bad about not being there with him. But breaking his arm probably saved his life.

RIP Uncle Paul

Soon there will be none of those guys left.

Rami
April 5th, 2016, 11:17
Kurt,

Much respect to your uncle and to all those who served. God bless, and rest in eternal peace, sir! :encouragement:

Blood_Hawk23
April 5th, 2016, 12:28
I'm sorry for your loss Capt.

I lost one of my Great Unlces last month. He was my Dad's adopeted Dad's brother. When we went to the cemetery I was able to see the head stone of my Dad's adopted farther. That why I'm not calling him my Grandfather. I wasn't alive yet to meet him, he died when my father was 10. Anyway, I learned that during WWII he was in the 88th Infantry Division, 351st regiment, in Italy. Having fought in some of the worst fighting of the war He was awarded the Bronze Star. He died at the age of 46 due to a massive heart attack. They always suspected it was because of the fighting that he died at such an early age. Wish I could have known him. It is funny though, after talking with my Great Uncle, the last of the three, I guess I'm a bit like him. Odd seeing how it was eleven more years before I was born.

dmaloof
April 5th, 2016, 13:28
my condolences, man. always difficult to ,lose a loved one.

miamieagle
April 5th, 2016, 14:38
My condolences, may He rest in peace.

eagleye100
April 6th, 2016, 01:06
Sorry for your loss, May God help you all in this tough time. Ameen!

kelticheart
April 6th, 2016, 03:06
Let me join in: my heartfelt condolences too, Captain Kurt.

Your uncle's generation made the world we all grew up in. A world where democracy, freedom of thought and human rights have a true meaning.

May your uncle rest in peace and join all other pilots in Flyer's Paradise. :US-flag: :02.47-tranquillity:

KH

bub
April 6th, 2016, 04:22
I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Bob