PDA

View Full Version : Flight 1

napacon
April 5th, 2016, 10:37
This is more for seeking help,or telling some one! and not a complaint..Purchased the Piper Twin Comanche X from them "Flight 1 " Paid for..but never received.the D/L?.seems their wrapper system eludes me..tried all i could do lost in Space..here are no human beings to ask help for there.....Have my Proof of Purchase Certificate Number Have to use Wrapper Version 2.2 or greater:...??.....For me most fustrating...seems they getting the money and customers getting the product should not be some paranoid ,Byzantine method...KISS! Keep it Simple STUPID...Like Buying Gas with Credit Card.LOl....darn I Wanted that plane...Next call my credit card Bank..a NOT PAY ORDER...Thnx..At least I can share with real people!.......
<tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

scotth6
April 5th, 2016, 12:01
This is more for seeking help,or telling some one! and not a complaint..Purchased the Piper Twin Comanche X from them "Flight 1 " Paid for..but never received.the D/L?.seems their wrapper system eludes me..tried all i could do lost in Space..here are no human beings to ask help for there.....Have my Proof of Purchase Certificate Number Have to use Wrapper Version 2.2 or greater:...??.....For me most fustrating...seems they getting the money and customers getting the product should not be some paranoid ,Byzantine method...KISS! Keep it Simple STUPID...Like Buying Gas with Credit Card.LOl....darn I Wanted that plane...Next call my credit card Bank..a NOT PAY ORDER...Thnx..At least I can share with real people!........

<tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

Welcome to the world of DRM (Digital Rights Management)

Somehow it has stuck, and has spread.

Sad thing is it only hurts and annoys honest customers.

I hope "they" are not reading this. :victorious:

Cheers,

Ian Warren
April 5th, 2016, 12:02
Yeah ! the Flight1 wrapper is a pain in the ass, myself all the proof of purchases did me dang diddley swat, the last aircraft I got from Flight1 was the QW/BAe146 , I think they need to change their customer service system setup ... funny I was just talking about this to a regular who stops here and stopped on Monday, the chat was directed about Flight1 wrappers and its operation .. they really are not doing themselves any favours.

papab
April 5th, 2016, 12:58
This is more for seeking help,or telling some one! and not a complaint..Purchased the Piper Twin Comanche X from them "Flight 1 " Paid for..but never received.the D/L?.seems their wrapper system eludes me..tried all i could do lost in Space..here are no human beings to ask help for there.....Have my Proof of Purchase Certificate Number Have to use Wrapper Version 2.2 or greater:...??.....For me most fustrating...seems they getting the money and customers getting the product should not be some paranoid ,Byzantine method...KISS! Keep it Simple STUPID...Like Buying Gas with Credit Card.LOl....darn I Wanted that plane...Next call my credit card Bank..a NOT PAY ORDER...Thnx..At least I can share with real people!.......
Go to flight one web site , go to the aircraft you purchased and click download. After it downloads, right click and run as admin. When the wrapper opens , click ok and continue until you see the window that says click to reinstall, select the key(which should be in a Flight 1 folder) and the pasword is usually the last 4 of the credit card you used
You can also go to the support tab: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=service
Go to the middle of the page and click on retrieve lost order number ,passwords and proof of purchase. It will ask for you email address and it will be sent immediately....You can scroll to the bottom and open up a ticket. Jeff Smith will usually answer the same or next day..

Rick

I know it can be intimidating until you figure it out

Ian Warren
April 5th, 2016, 14:13
Go to flight one web site , go to the aircraft you purchased and click download. After it downloads, right click and run as admin. When the wrapper opens , click ok and continue until you see the window that says click to reinstall, select the key(which should be in a Flight 1 folder) and the pasword is usually the last 4 of the credit card you used
You can also go to the support tab: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=service
Go to the middle of the page and click on retrieve lost order number ,passwords and proof of purchase. It will ask for you email address and it will be sent immediately....You can scroll to the bottom and open up a ticket. Jeff Smith will usually answer the same or next day..

Rick

Rick , I'll do that as a test today, tho its Flight1 , with me , this go's back to the LD767 without any result ... I'm very sure I have used exactly how you have explained it , one group/publisher who were similar had a tricky was Just Flight , they changed , three to four years back making it , there personal contact and reload/download to a SUPER setup were if one forgets the history and their brought product/item l .. I personally think one has has to front up with person to person messages ... its that that makes a place to go looking for a product.

napacon
April 5th, 2016, 15:08
Thnx ALL...LOST IN CYBERSPACE..they never heard of me!.Do not know me! Even after taking my money and telling me they did...Iam a no body. A NON PERSON!!...this flight 1...I have avoided playing their games from the beginning..However that plane is not to be had.. and now paying for it..spending hrs trying to get it...got nothing...This Wrapper stuff not for me.......Again thnx guys..part of the Game we Play.for me ? with Flight 1? NEVER AGAIN.........PS..wonder if any know if that plane is available somewhere else..or can I buy it from anyone..The Piper Twin Comanche X

AussieMan
April 5th, 2016, 15:50
It is available from the Eaglesoft site.

Lane Street
April 5th, 2016, 15:57
It is available from the Eaglesoft site.

Don't they use the Flight1 wrapper?

napacon
April 5th, 2016, 16:07
It Appears to be one and the same as my receipt indicates...Ordering from Eaglesoft takes you to Flight 1

"Both Flight1.com and Eaglesoft Development Group would like to thank you for your business!."..they send!...THANX But NO THANX...thnx to you guys

olderndirt
April 5th, 2016, 17:11
Take a look on your C: drive and see if there's a folder C:/Flight One. If there is then your .exe may be in it - who knows?

napacon
April 5th, 2016, 18:01
Take a look on your C: drive and see if there's a folder C:/Flight One. If there is then your .exe may be in it - who knows?

Thnx my Friend..ITS HOPELESS!!

Ian Warren
April 5th, 2016, 22:55
Think that was my exact thought .... They really need a front, personal , one who can say YO over here to fix this issue , spoken to many today again with the very same problem, FLIGHT 1 WRAPPER .. is a CRAPPER .. simply not fair to people .. They must have our IP address's and other details.

scotth6
April 6th, 2016, 03:40

Don't give up Bud, keep trying. As crap as the DRM is, they have nothing to gain by you not getting your product, as it is an infinitely copyable program. I'm sure they would rather you get your product and remain a satisfied customer.

Try posting directly via their "Contact us" page.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=contact

Also try posting on Simforums in the correct section:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/flight-one-product-support_forum2&SID=3859240d4e7814a446975zfc354143190162037.html

Good luck! :loyal:

Cheers,

napacon
April 6th, 2016, 12:09
Don't give up Bud, keep trying. As crap as the DRM is, they have nothing to gain by you not getting your product, as it is an infinitely copyable program. I'm sure they would rather you get your product and remain a satisfied customer.

Try posting directly via their "Contact us" page.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=contact

Also try posting on Simforums in the correct section:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/flight-one-product-support_forum2&SID=3859240d4e7814a446975zfc354143190162037.html

Good luck! :loyal:

Cheers,

Thank you..will play a bit more..in the end its not my loss but theirs....Let my story be a warning to the Innocent ,that things are not what we think they are at Flight 1.They with their legalese Mumbo Jumbo designed to frustrate ..Be honest with a trusting customer!....I trusted them..but its Over...You would think a company like that would monitor a premier flight sim site like SOH, for feed back? I guess they do not care...HAPPY LANDINGS

ce_zeta
April 6th, 2016, 12:24
More than the wrapper...It's annoying pay twice for the same aircraft if you wanna migrate from FSX to P3D v3:banghead: The excuse is "development costs"...meanwhile top-notch developers like Majestic and Hifi (more complex products) don't charge you twice when you migrate from FSX to P3D...

P.S. In the other hand, when I had problems with the wrapper, it was solved by Flight1 customer service quickly. It's a very interesting concept, but yes...It's a crap. Mathjis Kok from Aerosoft said that they don't use complex DRM protections because it's a problem for customers and of course is a cost for the company. Aaand DRM dont eliminate piracy problems....So without DRM they maximize profits.

StormILM
April 6th, 2016, 12:25
Sorry to hear this. My experience with Flight1 has been very good overall. The only problem I've ever had was with the newer Coolsky DC-9 model. For whatever reason, it failed to install on my system and as such, there was no way I could ever use the product I just paid nearly $50 for. We tried and tried to sort it out but to no avail. I was one of a very small handful of unlucky customers who had this issue. They granted me a full refund (the first refund I have ever processed in all my years of buying FS9/FSX related products). Whatever the issue was, it had to do with the individual product and not the F1 installer process. I tested 3 other of my F1 products and everything worked fine.

Anyhow, I hope you can find a resolution for your issue.

ce_zeta
April 6th, 2016, 12:33
Yeap, At least, they have a 30-Days refund policy.

rich12545
April 6th, 2016, 14:09
Pretty much everybody except the fanboys over there knows the wrapper sucks a big one. But what's far worse, except for Nick and the guys from UTX, is their service on their forum.

henrystreet
April 6th, 2016, 14:22
Have several products purchased with the Flight1 wrapper, some have been thru 2 installs of FSX and 2 of P3D. Never had a problem, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

jmig
April 6th, 2016, 14:28
I am not a fan of Flight 1 because of their wrapper system. I only buy from them if it is something I really, really want and can't find elsewhere. That being said, I have gotten pretty quick response from them when I did have a problem. I am sure they will refund your money if you can show a credit card receipt. If not, dispute the purchases through the CC company.

napacon
April 6th, 2016, 17:54
its Over..not going to dwell on this..They lost a customer,and this story does not speak well of them..I sincerely Thank all for Ideas,Advice ,.This camaraderie shows We at SOH are a good bunch...HAPPY LANDINGS!

Rudyjo
April 6th, 2016, 18:22
Yeap, At least, they have a 30-Days refund policy.

They are not going to give a refund when they claim they never got your money to begin with.