PDA

View Full Version : scenerydb/coastlines

highpockets
April 4th, 2016, 15:11
I am trying to get my ETO looking decent and forgot what is supposed to be in the Coastines scenery folder that some are using in their scenery.cfg. I am using Rumba's latest mesh and not sure what to do with the c2eurowater.zip and the c2asiawater.zip.
I am using a completely separate install for Eastern Europe theater as well which I think they should be in also.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

Rami
April 5th, 2016, 00:41
Highpockets,

For the ETO alone, you don't need them. For the Eastern Front, you'll need the cfs2nasiawater.zip, I think.

kelticheart
April 5th, 2016, 01:46
Please excuse me for nosing in, but didn't Rhumba recommend against installing his old watermasks with his new mesh files?

I might be wrong, but those look like the first works Rhumba did to correct the inborn flaws CFS2 has. They would work fine with the stock, original mesh files but would conflict seriously with Rhumba's new, corrected elevation mesh files.

KH :adoration:

highpockets
April 5th, 2016, 09:11
That's why I asked you"experts" :adoration: . I stay confused all the time about what goes where. Maybe Rami is right for ETO. I have ETO late that looks good.
I can use that for my early ETO as well. For the Eastern Theater maybe I should take out Rhumba's 2008 Mesh 7 & 8, reinstall the original scenery and use the c2asiawater for eastern Russia etc. I currently have blocky looking shorelines on the lakes etc with no beaches. Maybe I am just too eye candy picky.:p87:
Thanks

highpockets
April 5th, 2016, 16:10
Okay.
:dizzy:Do I set up a folder called "Coastlines" with a scenery folder inside that I load the cfs2_watermasking_01 and _02 into and then a texure folder that just has a placeholder in it, then place it in my scenerydb and subsequently activate it?

Devildog73
April 9th, 2016, 14:50
Okay.
:dizzy:Do I set up a folder called "Coastlines" with a scenery folder inside that I load the cfs2_watermasking_01 and _02 into and then a texure folder that just has a placeholder in it, then place it in my scenerydb and subsequently activate it?

Before you do that, I would follow Kelti's recommendation and take a free flight to see what the coastlines look like from England to France and from Italy to N. Africa.
Then, if your coastlines don't look right,...

You can do it that way, no need for a dummy Texture folder.

OR

You can put all of the CST (coastline) BGLs into your SCENEDB\World\Scenery folder and delete all of your "filelist.dat" files, *.CDP files, and INDEX files.

Then, put whichever European water BMPs you like into both your CFS2\TEXTURE and SCENEDB\World\Texture folders and restart your CFS2 .

highpockets
April 10th, 2016, 15:07
Thanks for the reply guys. I think I have it figured out and fixed for my taste.:applause: