PDA

View Full Version : Things to come lunar pilot and jetpack in fsx

erican2
April 4th, 2016, 11:37
THINGS TO COME LUNAR PILOT AND JETPACK for fs9 are free to download from http://www.things-to-come.com/downloads/ which now goes through Apples Icloud. Also The swiss military bastion, Edwards Agb ground textures and KEDW Additions. The jetpack works well in FSX, The LUNAR pilot addon scenery works in FSX but the LLRV doesn't display properly and one of the effects crash FSX.

Cirrus N210MS
April 4th, 2016, 13:06
the download link is busted

zswobbie1
April 4th, 2016, 22:31
Agree, busted. Just takes me to iCloud.

gavinc
April 5th, 2016, 00:12
Link worked just fine for me @ 9 am UK time, maybe it has been fixed

Gavin

Paul Anderson
April 5th, 2016, 02:11
Liked the jet pack in FS9. Links take me to iCloud, so I signed up. Couldn't see how to get dowload, help took me in circles so gave up. (couldn't find how to remove my signon either)
Bought from FSPilotshop (only $9.99), downloaded and installed (already had an Aircraft folder for most of my addons).
Starting FSX got a cryptic error message I had to click on to get by just to get my default flight started.
I then changed aircraft to one of the jet packs, clicking yes to trust each gauge. It started ok, but opening the throttle caused a ding noise and a lockup.
Had to use task manager to kill FSX, that same error message was on the screen again.
Restarted FSX, got error message as before. Chose other jet pack model, same lock opening throttle, and same error message shown after killing FSX.
Removed fscamera.exe and (in case releated to it) the FDSConnection.dll.
Restarted FSX, message and lock.
Outside of disabling the gauges and effects one by one, does anyone have any suggestions?
I have a vague recollection now of having a similar fight with it years ago and gave up.
The fact that the error message comes up before FSX is operable must be a clue, but is beyond me.

p.s. I'm still on XP, wonder if that's why I have a problem and others don't.

zswobbie1
April 5th, 2016, 02:46
Nope, signed up with iCloud, tried to download, but it took me straight to iCloud. No idea how to further carry on.

erican2
April 5th, 2016, 03:02
Hi Paul I think this is caused by one of the effects let me check my effects folder and I will get back to you.

erican2
April 5th, 2016, 03:10
Paul remove fx_NicksJPthrust3.fx from the effects folder and try it again this is the effect folder that was giving me trouble.

Paul Anderson
April 5th, 2016, 03:59
Paul remove fx_NicksJPthrust3.fx from the effects folder and try it again this is the effect folder that was giving me trouble.

Exactly so.

I might look at that effect later (probably not though), time for some sleep now.

Thank you very much.