PDA

View Full Version : Using MAIW AI in other sceneries?

Navy Chief
March 31st, 2016, 09:58
I have installed some MAIW packages into FSX, and most seem to be working ok. But (although the scenery is quite good) there are more detailed versions available. Take for example NAS Pensacola. Is it possible to use the
AI from MAIW with a more recent, detailed version of NAS Pensacola? And if so, how would I do so? Thanks... NC

gray eagle
March 31st, 2016, 10:06
I have installed some MAIW packages into FSX, and most seem to be working ok. But (although the scenery is quite good) there are more detailed versions available. Take for example NAS Pensacola. Is it possible to use the
AI from MAIW with a more recent, detailed version of NAS Pensacola? And if so, how would I do so? Thanks... NC

I would think that you would have to create an AI traffic bgl (Flight plan) for those aircraft to T/G and whatever at P'cola and also establish a flight plan for all AI's involved.

Navy Chief
March 31st, 2016, 10:09
I would think that you would have to create an AI traffic bgl (Flight plan) for those aircraft to T/G and whatever at P'cola and also establish a flight plan for all AI's involved.

But if I am still using NAS Pensacola (although not the MAIW version) would I still need a new flight plan?

This is the sort of thing that confuses me.... NC

Lane Street
March 31st, 2016, 10:47
You can use the MAIW flightplan with the new scenery, no problem.

Be aware that MAIW provide afcads for their airports that are designed to work with their AI.

If you use another scenery you may not see the AI parking where you want them to.

So you may need to spend some time adding parking and/or tweaking parking codes for the new scenery.

The flightplan sends the AI to an airport based on ICAO code, it doesn't care if the airport is default or any specific addon. FS will sort that out on the fly.

cheers,
Lane

Victory103
March 31st, 2016, 15:45
NC, I'm assuming you are referring to the excellent J. Dhaenens v1.3, in that case out of the box your MAIW Pcola traffic will work, but his AFD file is not correctly coded. So you may have the Blues parking by the T-6s and such. Otherwise as mentioned, unless you have no AI parking, the AI will still work. If the AI are arriving inside the "AI bubble" after you load up your flight, they will continue to fly to the AFD listed in the traffic.bgl and land, then disappear if no correctly sized parking exists.