PDA

View Full Version : Flight School is out

ChrisJD
March 29th, 2016, 23:49
Steam have just announced that Dovetail Games new FS Flight School is available for pre order at £11.99 (UK) before 25th April. You also get a free extra aircraft as well! Waiting to see comments, but it looks nice. ChrisJD

Navy Chief
March 30th, 2016, 09:21
Price is not bad, but (for me, personally) FSX has built in lessons that, if I actually took the time to do them, I would assuredly learn a lot!

I read there will be no downloadable content (DLC) for Flight School. It is separate from the forthcoming release of DTG Flight.

NC

manfredc3
March 30th, 2016, 10:28
I am with you on that NC.

Only thing I am curious about is it's performance, as it might give an idea on the later this year to be released full flight simulator.

Cirrus N210MS
March 30th, 2016, 15:50
i pre-ordered a copy :wavey: as i like to learn stuff and it looks nice :biggrin-new:

ChrisJD
March 31st, 2016, 00:08
i pre-ordered a copy :wavey: as i like to learn stuff and it looks nice :biggrin-new:
A quick look at Steams site says that Win 7, 8 & 10 64 bit only supported, also graphics are DX11. As standard you get a PA18 Super Cub, PA 28 Cherokee & as I understand it, a DA42 Diamond in June. Comes with 15 lessons, 9 missions & a free flight mode. Lack of DLC may hamper sales, but as mentioned it should be an indicator as to how the full FS will perform. However at what, $20?, it seems a good buy. Video looks good on Steams site ChrisJD

n4gix
March 31st, 2016, 11:04
I pre-ordered just so I'd get an earlier delivery of the DA42 that completes the Multi-Engine training and endorsement. Folks who don't pre-order will have to wait at least 60 days before they can get it!

Actually, as a full-time developer, I'm more interested in dissecting how the files and folders are arranged. :encouragement:

TuFun
March 31st, 2016, 15:42
I pre-ordered just so I'd get an earlier delivery of the DA42 that completes the Multi-Engine training and endorsement. Folks who don't pre-order will have to wait at least 60 days before they can get it!

Actually, as a full-time developer, I'm more interested in dissecting how the files and folders are arranged. :encouragement:

Same here... want to see the aircraft folders, sound, textures, etc. ...

gman5250
March 31st, 2016, 17:31

I'm thinking along those exact same lines. I don't really have much free time for relaxation flying, but I am keen to have a look under the cowl.

TuFun
April 2nd, 2016, 10:35
Couple of new pics are out and looking very good!

https://www.facebook.com/dtgflightschool/photos/pcb.611983622311821/611983592311824/?type=3&theater

Naismith
April 2nd, 2016, 13:17
Well I just pre ordered. At that price who can complain, its about the price of a round of drinks yet hours more fun (hopefully). Plus I look on it as giving encouragement to DTG to carry on investing in flight sims. It`s a small niche market after all.

Navy Chief
April 4th, 2016, 06:28
I doubt seriously I will buy it, but received email this morning from Fly Away Simulations, with a link to a teaser video:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/lists/lt.php?id=NU5XUAkGGlVTAkoGC1YBUQA