March 29th, 2016, 14:19
Just put this together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnMeMPh8E0

ryanbatc
March 29th, 2016, 14:27
A video great, thanks!

StormILM
March 29th, 2016, 14:50
Thanks Ryan! It's a blast to fly for sure and I'm already seeing benefit from learning from it in flying my other taildraggers.

rsgunner
March 29th, 2016, 15:32
Very Nice!

Russ

StormILM
March 29th, 2016, 15:52
Thanks Russ! I missed a couple golden opportunities back in the 1990's to take a backseat ride on two different T-6's. After trying out this model, I kick myself for not going but then again, at the time I was having a wonderful once in a lifetime conversation with a P-47 Combat Veteran.

olderndirt
March 29th, 2016, 17:29
Nice aerobatic sequence and your wheel landing was perfection.

ThinkingManNeil
March 29th, 2016, 19:38
Very nicely done! I enjoyed that!

N.

Dimus
March 29th, 2016, 23:19
I've noticed that when trying to make three pointers I very often strike my tailwheel first. That wheeler looked great! I need to try that.

The feeling of tailwheel flying is the best I've ever experienced in a flightsim.

StormILM
March 30th, 2016, 00:58
The T-6 landing technique is rather level on the mains first. This is to help keep the vertical stab & rudder in the air stream long enough so you can maintain directional control until enough deceleration occurs to make the transition to settle the tail & plant the tailwheel (with full back pressure) then gently apply even brake pressure. Once you're just above normal taxi speed, you can use the tailwheel steering & very light differential braking. Following that procedure will keep you from suffering ground looping and runway excursions, One word of caution: DO NOT unlock the tailwheel (with full forward stick) unless taxiing very slowly for facilitating pivot turns. You generally have more than enough ground turning authority by stepping on the rudder pedals and very slight differential braking.

The end results will be different with each user depending on the hardware they use but with a bit of fine tuning and practice, it's actually quite easy.