PDA

View Full Version : NAS Alameda, CA KNGZ for FSX

Pages : [1] 2 3

tgycgijoes
March 28th, 2016, 16:39
I have done airfields before but only in FS9 so this is my first in FSX. I liked its combination of being both a land plane base and also a seaplane base. In FSX-Acceleration, like in real life, KNGZ is "NGZ" and is a closed airport. It is also being like NAS Glenview has been, is being made into a civilian area of housing and malls by the City of Alameda I discovered.

I have been to NAS Alameda both in 1970 when I returned from Vietnam and also in 1992 before it was officially closed down by the "Base Closures Committee" of Congress. Now that's the preamble for my post.

I started out to create NAS Alameda in 1942 by opening up the stock bgl for NGZ in FSX. I opened up the runways and from the photo added taxiways when they belong. I downloaded the OBx Grumman Goose over the weekend and just been kinda flying around looking for a home base. I looked for a seaplane base and found NAS Alameda. I had a 1990 photo with the runways added in 1959 (didn't realize the difference then). I went about today updating the bgl in ADE 1.6 and replacing some buildings with hangers. I thought I was done after the placement of the taxiway and runway signage. Not so fast "rocketpants" as Rod Machado says in the first lesson of FS9 (and also FSX). Thanks Scruffyduck for the fantastic program.

I searched the internet further, I discovered the 3 documents produced by the planners and the city with tons of photos and drawings old and new. Oh well, seems nothing is ever as simple as it seems. It looks like a lot more work will be needed to make this an accurate representation to release. How many of you guys would be interested in 2 versions of NAS Alameda with surrounding base scenery {1942 and 1960s) (as best as I can do anyway)? Let me know here how many of you would be interested and I will continue with the project and post updates as I progress toward its completion. BTW it's gonna be free as so many of you have shared with me. Will be a great place to fly the S2F etc. project aircrafts as well as all the other Navy aircraft of those eras. My way of giving back for all I have gotten here. Look forward to hearing who is as excited about NAS Almeda as I am.

gray eagle
March 28th, 2016, 16:52
I would be very interested, esp in the 1960's version. I was with a F8 squadron onboard USS Hancock. NAS Alameda was home port and was glad to get there after finishing many a cruise to the
Tonkin Gulf (Viet-nam). I think that air field was used by a TV show called Mythbusters and they would do all sorts of experiments on the runway and hanger.
Anyway, after we disembarked, we would catch a Navy R4Y from there to NAS Miramar.
Do you plan of having any static or AI aircraft added for the period?

I have done airfields before but only in FS9 so this is my first in FSX. I liked its combination of being both a land plane base and also a seaplane base. In FSX-Acceleration, like in real life, KNGZ is "NGZ" and is a closed airport. It is also being like NAS Glenview has been, is being made into a civilian area of housing and malls by the City of Alameda I discovered.

I have been to NAS Alameda both in 1970 when I returned from Vietnam and also in 1992 before it was officially closed down by the "Base Closures Committee" of Congress. Now that's the preamble for my post.

I started out to create NAS Alameda in 1942 by opening up the stock bgl for NGZ in FSX. I opened up the runways and from the photo added taxiways when they belong. I downloaded the OBx Grumman Goose over the weekend and just been kinda flying around looking for a home base. I looked for a seaplane base and found NAS Alameda. I had a 1990 photo with the runways added in 1959 (didn't realize the difference then). I went about today updating the bgl in ADE 1.6 and replacing some buildings with hangers. I thought I was done after the placement of the taxiway and runway signage. Not so fast "rocketpants" as Rod Machado says in the first lesson of FS9 (and also FSX). Thanks Scruffyduck for the fantastic program.

I searched the internet further, I discovered the 3 documents produced by the planners and the city with tons of photos and drawings old and new. Oh well, seems nothing is ever as simple as it seems. It looks like a lot more work will be needed to make this an accurate representation to release. How many of you guys would be interested in 2 versions of NAS Alameda with surrounding base scenery {1942 and 1960s) (as best as I can do anyway)? Let me know here how many of you would be interested and I will continue with the project and post updates as I progress toward its completion. BTW it's gonna be free as so many of you have shared with me. Will be a great place to fly the S2F etc. project aircrafts as well as all the other Navy aircraft of those eras. My way of giving back for all I have gotten here. Look forward to hearing who is as excited about NAS Almeda as I am.

tgycgijoes
March 28th, 2016, 17:18

I can try to use the SAMM2 software I have to see if I can make any static aircraft and place them. It says it works in FSX. I have successfully used it in FS2004 a number of times on different airports. I have also programmed AI aircraft at those airports. Will finish the airport and then see about the "eye-candy" when it is finished. I will do the 1960 -->>1990 version of the airport first since I also have aircraft I like that I can fly there like my C1A version of Milton Shupe's S2F that I have the USS AMERICA CVA-66 COD "Miss America" my carrier home for 4 years. ( I posted that texture here). I will try and take screen shots as it progresses and post them here.

TARPSBird
March 29th, 2016, 01:07
I would certainly be interested in your FSX version of KNGZ. Alameda deserves a make-over like what's available for Miramar and Fallon. Last summer I exchanged PM's with falcon409 about this same subject. Ed is more knowledgeable about scenery creation than I am and he had two working runways laid down in no time at all, but not an entire rebuild of the airfield. Then I got sidetracked with other things and forgot about it. Whatever you put together would certainly be superior to anything I could come up with. :encouragement:

tgycgijoes
March 29th, 2016, 07:17
I would certainly be interested in your FSX version of KNGZ. Alameda deserves a make-over like what's available for Miramar and Fallon. Last summer I exchanged PM's with falcon409 about this same subject. Ed is more knowledgeable about scenery creation than I am and he had two working runways laid down in no time at all, but not an entire rebuild of the airfield. Then I got sidetracked with other things and forgot about it. Whatever you put together would certainly be superior to anything I could come up with. :encouragement:

Thank you for the encouragement. I hope to do justice to this project. I am not a Gmax or other scenery creator and will be using whatever buildings, hangers etc. that others have so ably created in other sceneries that they are sharing with us. I have found lately that after flying for so many years that I am almost getting more enjoyment from new textures and I hope new scenery as flying. I started out now it seems so many years ago downloading my first add-ons from AVSIM, Simviation, and especially here at SOH. I have also gotten so much help from the FsDevelopers community and will probably visit there when I get stuck. Its time that I give back to our community I feel, so here it goes. I thank the Lord for all the talent I have so I hope he blesses this project for us all to share.

Richard

tgycgijoes
March 30th, 2016, 20:19
Well, I have been diligently working, changing, working, changing, etc. for the past two days but loving every minute. Here are a couple shots of progress so far: One is from a top-down view in FSX which I also used as an image behind the ADE airport and the second is a "so-far" shot on ADE. I will continue on it adding buildings; autos; and trees where they belong and post some more again. LMK what you think so far. Toughest part is what to overlay with texture of the FSX scenery and also scaling it accurately to match the dwgs in the reports I downloaded. I think that I have it pretty well dead on.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36568&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36569&stc=1

TARPSBird
March 31st, 2016, 01:36
You've made a lot of progress. :encouragement: You might want to consider using a Google Earth view of the NAS as a background image for your scenery, at least for the area of the old runways. There's coverage on GE from 3/11/2000 that's in color and shows the field pretty much as it looked when it was still open, except for the yellow X's on the runways.

tgycgijoes
March 31st, 2016, 07:14
You've made a lot of progress. :encouragement: You might want to consider using a Google Earth view of the NAS as a background image for your scenery, at least for the area of the old runways. There's coverage on GE from 3/11/2000 that's in color and shows the field pretty much as it looked when it was still open, except for the yellow X's on the runways.

Thank you I'll take a look at it. I think from all the doc's I have that I have them fairly dead-on but it never hurts to look at some new info. I downloaded the new version of Google Earth Pro and can get NAS NOW with the brewery, cycle shop etc that they now use on the air station but even though I watched the video about the clock slider etc. There is no clock on Pro to get the 2000 view. Help please!

tgycgijoes
March 31st, 2016, 20:43
For those 2 guys waiting for this besides myself, who encouraged me to put all the hours in to resurrecting NAS Alameda in her years from 1960 to 1993, here it is. I hope that you are as pleased with it as I am how it turned out. I will expect any input to help to make it even better if possible. I used all the online reports as well as Google Earth to make it as close as I could using all stock buildings and scenery so that it will work on anyone's FSX Acceleration. I am going to fly in and out for a while and then see about AI. I don't think I am going to do any static aircraft since my SAMM and MDL Converter just didn't work for me. I am anxious for replies after you have downloaded it and tried it out on your FSX :biggrin-new:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj214rynj2ns1do/NAS%20Alameda%20FSX%20Addon.zip?dl=0

TARPSBird
April 1st, 2016, 01:26
Thank you tgycgijoes, very nice work! :encouragement: A vast improvement over the crappy default field.

ST0RM
April 1st, 2016, 05:34
Growing up just south, in Fremont, I'd see tons of traffic going into Alameda. Even visited a few times.

Would love to see this brought back to life.

Thanks!
-Jeff

tgycgijoes
April 1st, 2016, 07:09
Thank you tgycgijoes, very nice work! :encouragement: A vast improvement over the crappy default field.

I hadn't made an airport in FSX before and not made one for a couple of years with ADE, my last being East Wretham, England WWII in FS9. I am so glad it turned out well. I slide the autogen slider to NONE so that I don't get houses and trees where they don't belong on the airport. If you use autogen in other airports its easy to put back when you're ready. I really love the picture of the Corsair over the airport, it looks so good. I shared it with my daughter and grand daughter this morning so that they could see what Grandpa has been doing the last three days. LOL. I am going to load in the other NAS's including Glenview so that I can fly around from one to the other. Gonna fly my C1A COD around today and take some shots with Rapidshot my self and post. Thanks for the tip on Google Earth, Tarps. I moved runways a bit when I saw the real view instead of the old photos so it was more accurate before tweaking and posting last night.:teapot:

gray eagle
April 1st, 2016, 10:22
Nice scenery, would like to see a Essex class carrier (Hanna - Bon Homme Richard) at the pier.

I hadn't made an airport in FSX before and not made one for a couple of years with ADE, my last being East Wretham, England WWII in FS9. I am so glad it turned out well. I slide the autogen slider to NONE so that I don't get houses and trees where they don't belong on the airport. If you use autogen in other airports its easy to put back when you're ready. I really love the picture of the Corsair over the airport, it looks so good. I shared it with my daughter and grand daughter this morning so that they could see what Grandpa has been doing the last three days. LOL. I am going to load in the other NAS's including Glenview so that I can fly around from one to the other. Gonna fly my C1A COD around today and take some shots with Rapidshot my self and post. Thanks for the tip on Google Earth, Tarps. I moved runways a bit when I saw the real view instead of the old photos so it was more accurate before tweaking and posting last night.:teapot:

tgycgijoes
April 1st, 2016, 10:58
Do you have a static model of USS Bon Homme Richard? If you send me the file I can put it in the scenery. Must be a bgl scenery file to use in FSX. SAMM and MDL Converter doesn't work turning live aircraft/ships into static scenery. Only works in FS9. At least I couldn't make it work.

gray eagle
April 1st, 2016, 12:49
Here is a link to some essex class carriers. There is a CV-10_CV-32_Static avail.
Maybe you could change the hull/Island numbers to 19 or 31 (Hancock/Bonnie Dick).
I sailed on both off them in the Tonkin Gulf

http://www.fsxcarrierops.com/boats.htm

Do you have a static model of USS Bon Homme Richard? If you send me the file I can put it in the scenery. Must be a bgl scenery file to use in FSX. SAMM and MDL Converter doesn't work turning live aircraft/ships into static scenery. Only works in FS9. At least I couldn't make it work.

tgycgijoes
April 1st, 2016, 16:22
I might be able to change textures, we'll see.

tgycgijoes
April 1st, 2016, 16:59
I might be able to change textures, we'll see.

Unfortunately, the ship details are all in the mdl file and that belongs to the creator/designer and I am not allowed to change that. I will get in contact with the designer and see if he would add a Bonhomme Richard model into the file for us and allow me to add it into the scenery which I also need his permission to do.

Woogey
April 1st, 2016, 18:09
Hey guys, for what it is worth, ORBX did a nice rendition of Alameda that they included in the FTX NCA region, more commonly referred to as NorCal. It includes a very nice Photoreal backdrop, and ships at the pier. However, it does not include any custom buildings. Also, it is in a decommissioned state, as there are big yellow "X's" on the Runways. I had at one point desired to place a few custom hangars and a custom Control tower on this nice foundation that ORBX has provided us with. Unfortunely, I do not posses the modeling skill required of such a task. I would have liked to portray the base as she would have looked in the eighties-ish time period. I'd like to have Static AND Ai Orion's, Scooters, and Corsairs. Also, the Cherry on top would be 3D dock/piers with water start locations for Driveable ships. -Woog

tgycgijoes
April 2nd, 2016, 06:50
Hey guys, for what it is worth, ORBX did a nice rendition of Alameda that they included in the FTX NCA region, more commonly referred to as NorCal. It includes a very nice Photoreal backdrop, and ships at the pier. However, it does not include any custom buildings. Also, it is in a decommissioned state, as there are big yellow "X's" on the Runways. I had at one point desired to place a few custom hangars and a custom Control tower on this nice foundation that ORBX has provided us with. Unfortunely, I do not posses the modeling skill required of such a task. I would have liked to portray the base as she would have looked in the eighties-ish time period. I'd like to have Static AND Ai Orion's, Scooters, and Corsairs. Also, the Cherry on top would be 3D dock/piers with water start locations for Driveable ships. -Woog

When I've flown with guys in the 91st BG who have ORBX and others with FSX, the airport elevations are different and either one guy's aircraft is hovering (and its not a helo) or the aircraft in ORBX are underground. When the Kollsman knob is adjusted to the proper airport altitude and the FSX is on the apron or runway, IMHO its an ORBX problem or anomaly. They do tremendous work, but it IS payware. I know they DO share a lot of freeware too. Granted they do a ton or work and earn a living so they like Megascenery charge for their addons. Again, Bluesky Scenery provides super stuff for free. I have their Pacific Northwest areas and (and also the BSMM) will be adding it when I clean up some space on this old computer this week.

Ai aircraft are in the future but static aircraft in FSX is another matter. SAMM creates mdl's and FSX only uses bgl's for scenery items. My base IS as it looked in the 70's and 80's (It could be used even in 1959 with PBM's with a little imaginative license) from all available information and I tried to make it accurate in placement of runways, taxiways and aprons as well as the air station itself from main street to the seaplane ramps and 1st street to 5th street. Even the trees are correct and placed properly. I find it interesting the taxiway designators at that time here were numbers and only at the end of its life letters like other airports. This is an active air station not closed as both in ORBX and FSX. I am disappointed that FSX uses that photo residential backdrop on piers and everything,too which is hokey. If I get a chance I may fix the piers and a few areas with concrete/grass/gravel. I consider this a work-in-progress which is why I called it Version 1. I am a novice here at SOH and FSdevelopers forums and gotten a lot of help in the past. Anybody wishing to improve on my beginning has "my blessing" and the improvements like adding static aircraft parked where they belong...go for it! Driveable and ai aircraft carriers are available here or online (check the link above to the ships) and can be placed I believe lat/long at the pier. It might be fun to get some multiplayer action going from here with a few of you guys on one of the free servers sometime.:indecisiveness:

Corvette99
April 2nd, 2016, 14:01
Wow ! We've been hoping someone would take Alameda on ! Can't wait to see it in person ! Hope you plan on releasing it to us little people !

tgycgijoes
April 2nd, 2016, 15:33
Wow ! We've been hoping someone would take Alameda on ! Can't wait to see it in person ! Hope you plan on releasing it to us little people !

Hey Corvette99,

It's out and its here. Just browse up a few replies and you will find the link to the dropbox where the file is. I am currently just about finished (worked all day today) with Version 2 after a request for a carrier at one of the piers was asked and I was able with "scruffyduck"'s tutorials on ADE to put one there after I added to the airport to the right of the seaplane lagoon from a new photo showing what buildings/parking lots were there and NOT that junk stock residential area that FSX had there. It will be up here later tonight if you want to wait and download Version 2. Have fun and post some snap shots here.

gray eagle
April 2nd, 2016, 17:10
I almost forgot to mention that I hope that you will/have added a military beacon to NAS Alameda...

White/White/Green.....:adoration:

tgycgijoes
April 2nd, 2016, 17:27
I spent the afternoon today updating NAS Alameda to Version 2 by expanding it East to include the Carrier Piers/work Areas. I checked it out to a few photos and I think that it fits perfectly with MS FSX residential scenery so I am done with the land areas. Here are the updates: Added the breakwater to the seaplane lagoon; added concrete piers 1, 2 and 3 over the silly houses scenery on them. Added parking lots with cars; buses; and trucks. Added buildings to the work areas as best as I could with stock bldgs; AND.............notice the CVA-64 berthed on the North side of Pier 2. It is a static aircraft carrier converted from the AI version which means that it can be programmed to come and go (when I figure out how).
The bad news is that I cannot release it with the carrier until I get the ok from the creators at the FSX Carriers site who I have emailed because the model and textures belong to them. I AM going to put a dropbox link to Version 2 minus the carrier here so that if you want to add your own pilotable carrier at a pier you can. You will find two 60 foot camels in place at the north side of Pier 2 to berth to. :sorrow:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxno5o0rsfrxaoo/NAS%20Alameda%20V2.zip?dl=0

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36668&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36669&stc=1

tgycgijoes
April 2nd, 2016, 19:44
I almost forgot to mention that I hope that you will/have added a military beacon to NAS Alameda...

White/White/Green.....:adoration:

I knew that I needed that and couldn't remember it was not automatically included. Usually is in a modified active airport, but NGZ was inactive with closed runways/taxiways so they purposely deactivated the beacon and the comms.

Thank you for reminding me. The dropbox link is of the airport updated with the beacon.:encouragement:

gray eagle
April 3rd, 2016, 11:17
Wanted to ask if you could please relocate the beacon from the ground to the top of the control tower. I tried with ADE and it looked like I was doing so. I saved and compiled but then I found it back where
you had it. Don't know what I needed to do. If you know how could you please let me know what the procedures are? Thanks

http://s8.postimg.org/ydg4n1ad1/beacon.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 3rd, 2016, 11:20
Wanted to ask if you could please relocate the beacon from the ground to the top of the control tower. I tried with ADE and it looked like I was doing so. I saved and compiled but then I found it back where
you had it. Don't know what I needed to do. If you know how could you please let me know what the procedures are? Thanks

http://s8.postimg.org/ydg4n1ad1/beacon.jpg

Hi, I thought that it would be on top of a tower not on the ground when I placed it. Yes I surely can relocate it to the top of the tower. I will be releasing Version 2.1 with the cva-64 at Pier 2 with the beacon corrected as well as a few minor landscape corrections I found last night as well.

tgycgijoes
April 3rd, 2016, 13:26
Here is the Dropbox link for Version 2.1 with the USS Constellation CVA-64 berthed at Pier 2; taxiway updates and the Beacon located on top of the Tower. Don't forget your copy of BOB or a driveable Jeep or SUV to get all around the base.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t9wveoq39v3gfb/NAS%20Alameda%20V2_1.zip?dl=0

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t9wveoq39v3gfb/NAS%20Alameda%20V2_1.zip?dl=0)

gray eagle
April 3rd, 2016, 13:47
A nice pic of NAS Alameda with some "Bat barges" tied up.

http://s23.postimg.org/dng5knjmj/alameda.jpg

gray eagle
April 3rd, 2016, 13:59
I was thinking that you were going to place the beacon on the control tower (Circled in red). It would be a little higher up and more visible from greater distance.

Thanks. :adoration::adoration:

http://s22.postimg.org/3lqbou235/beacon.jpg

gray eagle
April 3rd, 2016, 14:18
The ship is kinda dark.

http://s15.postimg.org/4f1n69krf/dark_ship.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 3rd, 2016, 16:02
You have to add the textures that are in the VEH_CV64 folder into the addon scenery texture folder.

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 06:12
Got it squared away. Thanks. Hope you can move that beacon light just one more time please. Thanks:encouragement:

You have to add the textures that are in the VEH_CV64 folder into the addon scenery texture folder.

tgycgijoes
April 4th, 2016, 07:01
Got it squared away. Thanks. Hope you can move that beacon light just one more time please. Thanks:encouragement:

Will get to it in just a bit and reload the zip file with the change.

tgycgijoes
April 4th, 2016, 10:41
I updated NAS Alameda again adding a second tower as was actually done I read so that controllers could view the entire airport and the beacon was more visible. Just remove the old 2 KGNZ from your Addon Scenery scenery and replace with these two files. If you uploaded the last update with the CVA-64 and loaded the textures no need to add the textures again. I included them in this file for others who did not upload any previous versions. Gonna see if I can fly my COD in just a bit. Don't forget to post some pics of you flying to/from/over the airport in this thread to share. I will be posting a couple from the COD later.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkak5i2q66p6y0n/NAS%20Alameda%20V2_2.zip?dl=0

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 11:34
Here are some pics of V2.2 NAS Alameda

Looks like there are now two control towers (circled in red) Buildings look to be the same only two of 'em. I like the beacon only relocate it on the right hand(original) tower. Recommend deleting the tower on the left And adding the beacon (MIL) to the original tower on the right. I can look at this on ADE but cannot change anything. Am I locked out from making changes?
http://s22.postimg.org/5272k4d75/2_towers.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/70rkgvo2n/Alameda.jpg

Woogey
April 4th, 2016, 11:39
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36719&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36716&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36718&stc=1

I hear what you are saying about the freeware. While a valid point, the fact of the matter is we all would like to simulate reality as closely as possible right? I present you a screenshot of the Orbx version as a direct comparison. In MY quest to re-open Alameda as she looked in the 1980's and early 1990's, I think this is a very good foundation for a little further customization. Essentially I would like to add a couple custom hanger models, a custom Tower, a new AFCAD, and some statics as well as coding for Ai of the MAIW variety. I think this is a very do-able project if I could get someone to help with 3d modeling. I can do the AFCAD and object placement. Any takers?

-Woog

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 11:55
Don't see any pictures. Did you post any?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36719&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36716&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36718&stc=1

I hear what you are saying about the freeware. While a valid point, the fact of the matter is we all would like to simulate reality as closely as possible right? I present you a screenshot of the Orbx version as a direct comparison. In MY quest to re-open Alameda as she looked in the 1980's and early 1990's, I think this is a very good foundation for a little further customization. Essentially I would like to add a couple custom hanger models, a custom Tower, a new AFCAD, and some statics as well as coding for Ai of the MAIW variety. I think this is a very do-able project if I could get someone to help with 3d modeling. I can do the AFCAD and object placement. Any takers?

-Woog

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 12:06
Found an older FS9 version of NAS Alameda. Scroll down about halfway.

http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

tgycgijoes
April 4th, 2016, 13:30
Here are some pics of V2.2 NAS Alameda

Looks like there are now two control towers (circled in red) Buildings look to be the same only two of 'em. I like the beacon only relocate it on the right hand(original) tower. Recommend deleting the tower on the left And adding the beacon (MIL) to the original tower on the right. I can look at this on ADE but cannot change anything. Am I locked out from making changes?
http://s22.postimg.org/5272k4d75/2_towers.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/70rkgvo2n/Alameda.jpg
I appreciate all your feed back. BTW love the air shots of your COD. I see the towers that you circled. The one with the beacon is in the airport in ADE as is the older tower building close to the hanger which was the original tower at Alameda (close stock bldg)
I don't HAVE the second one you circled. Have you deleted the earlier versions in your Addon Scenery scenery or just overwritten when updating? The tower with the beacon is a stock airport object med tower 3 as is your phantom one. I even checked the List of Scenery and there is only one med tower 3 in the list. I even moved a piece of apron to see if it was hiding. No go. I don't know what to tell ya. I had ADE open at the same time as FSX and connected and when I pan from my ultralite 360 the other tower isn't there by me either. That is really frustrating. :dizzy:

Woogey
April 4th, 2016, 14:16
I did, but for some reason they disappeared. At work now I'll have to repost them when I get off work

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 15:15
I unactivated the scenery then deleted all files in the scenery - your V 2.1 then I copied the new V2.2 into the add on scenery and reactivated.
When I opened your KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_2.BGL In ADE I see TWO tower buildings. I didn't copy the new one over the old one.

I appreciate all your feed back. BTW love the air shots of your COD. I see the towers that you circled. The one with the beacon is in the airport in ADE as is the older tower building close to the hanger which was the original tower at Alameda (close stock bldg)
I don't HAVE the second one you circled. Have you deleted the earlier versions in your Addon Scenery scenery or just overwritten when updating? The tower with the beacon is a stock airport object med tower 3 as is your phantom one. I even checked the List of Scenery and there is only one med tower 3 in the list. I even moved a piece of apron to see if it was hiding. No go. I don't know what to tell ya. I had ADE open at the same time as FSX and connected and when I pan from my ultralite 360 the other tower isn't there by me either. That is really frustrating. :dizzy:

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 15:31
Here is the ADE of your V2.2, I've marked the tower with beacon (arrow) and the other tower is circled in red.
Ihttp://s9.postimg.org/vvagt4qhb/Airport1.jpg

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 16:10
Just to paint you a better picture of what I see on my end I am posting the ADE connected to FSX and I taxied to where the old tower shows in FSX. It doesn't show in this ADEX.
The other picture is another visual of what the ADE shows.

http://s24.postimg.org/ohc25wnb9/trike.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/mbhrbejut/trike1.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 4th, 2016, 16:52
I unactivated the scenery then deleted all files in the scenery - your V 2.1 then I copied the new V2.2 into the add on scenery and reactivated.
When I opened your KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_2.BGL In ADE I see TWO tower buildings. I didn't copy the new one over the old one.
Two towers is what is supposed to be at the airport. The Tower building close to the hanger is the first one that was made at the air station, Bldg. 19. They found (from notes I found) that they had a problem with visibility of all four new runways and added another control tower. I hope that the phantom doesn't come back so that you can enjoy the air station. Thank you for all your input. I intend to continue with updates like across the Oakland Channel over that silly blurry residential map with proper asphalt and warehouses/piers etc. When I was in the working world as a designer/estimator, my boss already checked my work...he told me that it was not that he didn't trust my skill but when we create something we see what we want to sometimes not necessarily what is there or a possible omission. I appreciate all the help from you guys.

gray eagle
April 4th, 2016, 17:23
Well, thanks for clearing that up, understand that the two towers is the desired result. When you first released your first version, there was only one tower, then I complained about putting the
beacon on top of the then one and only tower, and so with V2.2, the beacon is on top of a 2nd tower - that was what blew me away. I thought that maybe something went snafu :adoration:
First airport I heard of where the situation was such that a second control tower had to be built for visibility reasons. Interesting stuff. Thanks for the story on this.

Two towers is what is supposed to be at the airport. The Tower building close to the hanger is the first one that was made at the air station, Bldg. 19. They found (from notes I found) that they had a problem with visibility of all four new runways and added another control tower. I hope that the phantom doesn't come back so that you can enjoy the air station. Thank you for all your input. I intend to continue with updates like across the Oakland Channel over that silly blurry residential map with proper asphalt and warehouses/piers etc. When I was in the working world as a designer/estimator, my boss already checked my work...he told me that it was not that he didn't trust my skill but when we create something we see what we want to sometimes not necessarily what is there or a possible omission. I appreciate all the help from you guys.

tgycgijoes
April 4th, 2016, 20:23
I don't know about other Naval Air Stations, but it seems that when they did modifications after WWII that it did occur. There were two Control Towers at NAS Glenview as well when I was stationed there. The first was on Building One the Air Operations Building and also a tower like the one I put at NAS Almeda about the same location as NAS Glenview.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36740&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36741&stc=1

Woogey
April 5th, 2016, 00:48
Lets see if the pictures post this time. The first 3 shots are default ORBX NorCal (NCA)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36742&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36743&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36744&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36745&stc=1

dhazelgrove
April 5th, 2016, 04:29
http://s20.postimg.org/l53f8hact/fsx_2016_04_05_13_22_17_37.jpg

It looks a bit confused on top of Blue Sky scenery.

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 05:58
http://s20.postimg.org/l53f8hact/fsx_2016_04_05_13_22_17_37.jpg

It looks a bit confused on top of Blue Sky scenery.

Dave

IMHO, if everyone used ORBX there would not be any conflicts like that but not everyone with FSX has ORBX (as beautiful as it is). Bluesky scenery is really nice and anyone can download and use it. I haven't installed that area yet. Interesting to see what it does to NAS Alameda on my computer. Might do that now and post later here. Gonna do some flyin' today and Rapidshot snapping. Thank you ALL for all your input to this project and this thread. I have done a few things in the past that only I was interested in it seemed but this project got a lot of different takes. See ya'all in the skies above San Francisco/Oakland FSX.

dhazelgrove
April 5th, 2016, 08:24
It's time to put some life back into the place.

A-4s, A-6s & A-7s perhaps?

Dave

Woogey
April 5th, 2016, 08:41
I was just showcasing what ORBX has already done, just in case anyone was interested.

-Woog

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 08:47
I agree about Bluesky and V2.2 airport addon. I just uploaded it and after one look downloaded it again. It adds better looking water and some landclass but messes with the airport and THEIR NGZ is inactive and nothing but the two runways. All the taxiways and the old runways are bgl and would have to be overlaid in ADE. Also their ships are buried somewhere in one of the twenty-some BGL making them a permanent fixture and not an object like the CVA-64 which can be removed and an AI version of the carrier replace it. I'm not bragging about making some great airport here just saying for me I'm going to use what I built adding to it as I can with updates released. My next update project is to add asphalt and factories/warehouses across the Oakland Channel and concrete the piers. May place some commercial ships there static for now and ai in the future. Not sure where any fighters should be parked. They might be better placed as ai with flight plans. I don't have any photos of them parked anywhere, only seaplanes in 1959. All it takes is time, right? For now, I think I'm going back to flying in and out of NAS Alameda for awhile. If the Lord keeps winding my clock, I got next week to work some more on it.

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 09:24
I was just showcasing what ORBX has already done, just in case anyone was interested.

-Woog

I agree with you about ORBX being beautiful. Do you have ADE1.65? I would be interested if their NGZ is accessible to be reopened in ADE1.65 and runways re-activated; comms etc. Or because it is their OWN scenery that it is locked from tinkering with. I may take a hop over to their forum and see what's what. I have some of their free stuff including BOB which is very nice.

semo
April 5th, 2016, 09:44
tgycgijoes, the NAS Glenview tower on the east side of the field was built in 1978-79? When I left the NAS in 1977 the ops dept. had blueprints for the new tower. It included a remote radar room for the cpn4 radar and had a better view of the ramp area.

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 09:59
tgycgijoes, the NAS Glenview tower on the east side of the field was built in 1978-79? When I left the NAS in 1977 the ops dept. had blueprints for the new tower. It included a remote radar room for the cpn4 radar and had a better view of the ramp area.

Thank you for the information. I was in the reserves at Glenview and then a Squadron CO of Nimitz Squadron Naval Sea Cadet Corps until the base closed in 1993. Flew from there back and forth to Alameda and then to North Island with cadets for summer training. My XO was a Company Commander at Great Lakes RTC so we also did a lot of training there.

gray eagle
April 5th, 2016, 12:51
No biggie but I wonder why that second tower (one with no beacon) doesn't show in the ADE? It's like a ghost building. I am sure everyone else that installed the V2.2 can see the two control towers like I
do but not in the ADE. I can add and delete your stuff and save it and compile it but it won't reflect my changes. I know I must be doing something wrong.
Anyway, I enjoy the scenery as the stock FSX version is just plain bland.

I updated NAS Alameda again adding a second tower as was actually done I read so that controllers could view the entire airport and the beacon was more visible. Just remove the old 2 KGNZ from your Addon Scenery scenery and replace with these two files. If you uploaded the last update with the CVA-64 and loaded the textures no need to add the textures again. I included them in this file for others who did not upload any previous versions. Gonna see if I can fly my COD in just a bit. Don't forget to post some pics of you flying to/from/over the airport in this thread to share. I will be posting a couple from the COD later.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkak5i2q66p6y0n/NAS%20Alameda%20V2_2.zip?dl=0

gray eagle
April 5th, 2016, 13:15
http://s15.postimg.org/69g5datvv/Alameda.jpg

Woogey
April 5th, 2016, 13:21
I agree with you about ORBX being beautiful. Do you have ADE1.65? I would be interested if their NGZ is accessible to be reopened in ADE1.65 and runways re-activated; comms etc. Or because it is their OWN scenery that it is locked from tinkering with. I may take a hop over to their forum and see what's what. I have some of their free stuff including BOB which is very nice.

Yes their AFCAD is fully accessible, in fact I've already started modifying it to better reflect a 1985 NGZ. you can do the same thing with blue sky, just turn off their's, and replace it with the one that you've already done. It's really pretty easy to go into the scenery folder, scroll down till you find their version of the NGZ.bgl, and rename to NGZ.bgl.off after that you can either drop your version into the same blue skies scenery folder, or just leave yours in the add-on scenery/scenery folder, if that's where you currently keep yours.

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 13:57
Yes their AFCAD is fully accessible, in fact I've already started modifying it to better reflect a 1985 NGZ. you can do the same thing with blue sky, just turn off their's, and replace it with the one that you've already done. It's really pretty easy to go into the scenery folder, scroll down till you find their version of the NGZ.bgl, and rename to NGZ.bgl.off after that you can either drop your version into the same blue skies scenery folder, or just leave yours in the add-on scenery/scenery folder, if that's where you currently keep yours.

Thanks. I have downloaded BSS four squares of the area we have been using. I also went to ORBX and downloaded their free North America airports. I checked the list and was so excited to see that they have modeled the airport with the flying school here in North Carolina. I am going to install the airports and check it out. Maybe tonight. Thanks again. I will look forward to seeing pics here of your ORBX mod.

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 13:58
http://s15.postimg.org/69g5datvv/Alameda.jpg

S.
I saw this last night and downloaded it, too. Its a good color reference. I am playing around with Blue ky Scenery

gray eagle
April 5th, 2016, 14:01
Don't know if and how this would be relevant to the beacon issue but some of the pictures of actual beacons look to be two sided and look to be very old.

Very interesting.....

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=HT2913

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 17:14
Hey Butch,

Very interesting. I am thinking of making a new air station over Blue Sky Scenery which really looks pretty good for ground cover and it's free to download. I downloaded and installed the four squares that cover the area of SFO and OAK. Woogy is also playing with ORBX he said that you can access the airfield bgl. We'll see what he comes up with. Thanks for this its cool. I used to fly out of Palwaukee (Chicago Executive) flying school in a Cessna 150 years ago and right by the road that bordered the airport was a tower with the beacon on top just like these. Have you ever seen an airport with two beacons? Did they move it from one place to the other? Food for thought. I can add the beacon onto a metal tower instead of on top of the control tower. I will look at this site more tomorrow after I do my programming for Thursday/Friday/Saturday for this week. I have contacted the National Archives for the airport chart and approach charts from their storage. Jeppsen only keeps the most current for legal reasons.

Richard

Corvette99
April 5th, 2016, 17:48
looks pretty good now that I got it in there right ! Keep up the good work !

tgycgijoes
April 5th, 2016, 19:40
Thank you for the support and encouragement from everyone. Its a lot of fun sharing. There will be another update later this week. As before keep posting your shots, comments or suggestions here.

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 04:38
Glad you enjoyed the link. I would like to see a picture of the metal tower you mentioned to know what building you had in mind for that beacon. That is a great idea to try to get some airport charts for that area. Maybe that will help sort things out.

-Butch

Hey Butch,

Very interesting. I am thinking of making a new air station over Blue Sky Scenery which really looks pretty good for ground cover and it's free to download. I downloaded and installed the four squares that cover the area of SFO and OAK. Woogy is also playing with ORBX he said that you can access the airfield bgl. We'll see what he comes up with. Thanks for this its cool. I used to fly out of Palwaukee (Chicago Executive) flying school in a Cessna 150 years ago and right by the road that bordered the airport was a tower with the beacon on top just like these. Have you ever seen an airport with two beacons? Did they move it from one place to the other? Food for thought. I can add the beacon onto a metal tower instead of on top of the control tower. I will look at this site more tomorrow after I do my programming for Thursday/Friday/Saturday for this week. I have contacted the National Archives for the airport chart and approach charts from their storage. Jeppsen only keeps the most current for legal reasons.

Richard

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 07:19
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/5bf01a2e-ee3a-4011-ae5d-bef5ad8bb746.jpg

on top of the building - don't know which one.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/1102f79f-3930-4503-a703-34f271140b0b.jpg

This looks like a two light version - I would think a Mil version would be three lenses - white - white - green. Paint on beacon looks old and pealing so guess it is original.
Wonder if the seaplane guys went by this one or if they used one of their own?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/26a0deef-a6b7-4f82-9233-008ff0b27256.jpg

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 08:25
http://www.geocaching.com/mark/datasheet.aspx?PID=HT2913

Excerpt from a data sheet from ^.

STATION DESCRIPTION
HT2913
HT2913''DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (FAR)
HT2913''AT THE ALAMEDA NAVAL AIR STATION, ON THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE
HT2913''SOUTHERLY OF FOUR LARGE HANGARS, THE WESTERNMOST ROW OF HANGARS
HT2913''AT THE AIR STATION, ABOUT 1280 FEET NORTH OF THE CONTROL
HT2913''TOWER, AND ABOUT 80 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND ON TOP OF THE
HT2913''BUILDING. A 36-INCH DOUBLE-DRUM TYPE ROTATING BEACON, SHOWING
HT2913''WHITE ON ONE SIDE AND GREEN ON THE OTHER.

Buy the looks of things and dedctiption ^ looks like a two side beacon llght was used which goes contrary to use of three light beacon for Mil airports.

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 09:09
http://www.airfields-freeman.com/CA/Airfields_CA_Oakland.htm#alameda

An undated photo of NAS Alameda's control tower. I think that looks like a beacon on top center of the control tower.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/CA/Airfields_CA_Oakland_htm_201a55c6.jpg

A 2003 photo by Erick McCarthy looking south along the parking apron,

with the hangars & control tower of NAS Alameda visible on the left. This one I don't understand. Did they move the beacon after the base closed?

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/CA/Alameda_CA_n_03.JPG

tgycgijoes
April 6th, 2016, 09:38
Every time you come up with something, it makes me more curious and I find out more things to do to the airport. I'm not upset, just kidding. I have not been able to find out when military airport started using the green-white-white code though I remember it as far back as 1968 when I started student pilot training with the Navy Flying club at Norfolk airport. I also used to drive from the parking lot adjacent to Pier 12 where America was berthed in port on taxiways of NAS Norfolk which had traffic lights controlled by the tower since civilian cars did not have radios to communicate with the tower, whenever any jets were taxiing. I haven't thought about that in a long time. I DO have printed out all the regulations for Navy airfieds from the Air Traffic Controllers Course which I have amongst every other pub from NAS Pensacola library for Navy Student Pilots downloaded on PDF. Here is an excerpt:

Location:Not less than 1,000 feet from the centerline or centerline extended from the nearest runway
Not more than 5,000 feet from the nearest point of the usable landing area, except if surrounding terrain restricts visibility of the beacon or beacon serves more than one airfield. When terrain obstructs viewing the beacon, distance
can be increased to no more than 2 miles.
Not in the line of sight from the control tower to approach zone of any runway or to within 75 feet vertically over any runway.
Located 750 feet or more from the control tower. The base must be at least 20 feet higher than the elevation of the floor of the tower cab.

Color Scheme: Lighted land military airport Alternating dual peaked (2 quick) white between green flashes
Lighted land civilian airport Alternating white and green
Lighted water airport Alternating white and yellow
Lighted heliport is alternating white green yellow

An identification or code beacon is required when the airport rotating beacon is more than 5,000 feet from the nearest runway or where the rotating beacon serves more than one airfield.
This beacon is a nonrotating flashing omnidirectional light visible 360 degrees. The identification or code beacon flashes a color-coded signal at approximately 40 flashes per minute. The signal is assigned a code of characters to identify a
particular airfield. The identification beacon shall be operated whenever the associated airport rotating beacon is operated.

I have to see if I can find a suitable tower for the beacon stock. I also saw that I have to find and locate on the airport 2 red/white checked water towers down by the carrier piers. Finally need to figure out how to place VASI (landing assist) lights for the runways. This is fun but it seems the work is never ending. Thank you for being a helper. Talk on ya later.

Richard:dizzy:

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 10:14
Hope that the links were of some help with some pictures of various buildings at the old Alameda airbase. Glad to help and was hoping that I would not be to pesky and annoying.\
Will your next revision eliminate the 2nd tower in V2.2 with the beacon located atop a different structure?

At old NAS Millington, the had the mill beacon atop a tall red/white checkered tower. When Brac 93 closed the base, it became a civilian run airfield and the old rusty tower was removed, a new civ
beacon light was placed on the top of the white control tower. I tried looking for Airport Diagrams for Alameda with none to be found. A few years ago they were probably
posted every where.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/white-flight-line-radar-communications-tower-jetport-millington-tennessee-39852206.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 6th, 2016, 11:33
Hope that the links were of some help with some pictures of various buildings at the old Alameda airbase. Glad to help and was hoping that I would not be to pesky and annoying.\
Will your next revision eliminate the 2nd tower in V2.2 with the beacon located atop a different structure?

At old NAS Millington, the had the mill beacon atop a tall red/white checkered tower. When Brac 93 closed the base, it became a civilian run airfield and the old rusty tower was removed, a new civ
beacon light was placed on the top of the white control tower. I tried looking for Airport Diagrams for Alameda with none to be found. A few years ago they were probably
posted every where.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/white-flight-line-radar-communications-tower-jetport-millington-tennessee-39852206.jpg

Hey there partner,

I just finished removing that tower in the middle of the airfield because after what I just found in the Cultural Landscape Report which is one of my text and photo sources..."Along with constructing two new runways, the Control Tower instrumentation was improved allowing for instrumented landings. The new runways posed a problem because the east end of Runway 7-25 was not visible from the Control Tower. The solution was to build a secondary control tower (this is where I got confused) on the roof of seaplane hanger Building 20, to provide a partial view of the east end of the runway. This took place in 1952. Also saved all these beacon tower photos and will look for a beacon to install on top of the hanger. I believe that maybe the white beacon is programed to blink twice as it goes around which is why the beacon is only two lamps. I did a ton of beacon searching on the internet this past couple hours.

TARPSBird
April 6th, 2016, 11:54
Beacon atop what remains of NAS Glenview's Hangar One. Two lights, green and white. I grew up in Northbrook, IL next door to the base, saw it in operation every night. Beacons at Miramar and Whidbey Island were the same, never saw one at a NAS with three beams.

tgycgijoes
April 6th, 2016, 12:02
After much as you know searching by us I have found the answer I believe of the illusive beacon tower. You have obviously photo evidence of it on top of the hanger and this shows it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36793&stc=1

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 12:18
Wow, That is great news. I guess when we pool our investigative talents we can come up with some kind of solution. I must say that map is a great find. It looks like its location does support the picture
I posted earlier. So, with that said, and found, what kind of plans do you have on your next update - as far as tat beacon goes. Based on you map here, it looks like you could delete that 2nd tower
with your beacon on it as I don't see that here. Will the old one (the original one) remain? I'm betting yes and that you will add or locate the hanger/building and build a beacon on it. I'd almost bet
that the first control tower could get the heave ho as well and just leave the Admin Building.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/8473376.jpg

NAS Alameda Operations Building
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xlAAF4R7L.jpg

After much as you know searching by us I have found the answer I believe of the illusive beacon tower. You have obviously photo evidence of it on top of the hanger and this shows it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36793&stc=1

gray eagle
April 6th, 2016, 12:38
When you really master this base how about a main gate? :biggrin-new: I think it was later changed to Alameda Point.

http://cdn.localon.com/upload-4832312172400313198.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 6th, 2016, 19:26
Hey Butch,

I have already begun the updates by deleting that beacon. I have added the new control tower on top of the hanger and will add the same kind of control tower on the original building so that it looks like the photos until I can learn to design an exact one. I have plans for the Main Gate as my first Sketchup project since it is a simple building. I had Sketchup when it first came out a year or so ago but didn't have the project motivation like I now have with Alameda. I believe that it was named Alameda Point after the closure. I really appreciate all the photos. I thought I had everything but you have found so much more. We old guys need something to get up for...LOL. I have photos that it almost looked light blue but I guess that was the color film/sunshine. It is actually a light gray which is much easier to duplicate. I tried putting the tower frame structure on top of the hanger but in my travels someone else was trying to put a beacon on top of a structure not designed with the mdl to allow it. I tried changing the height and everything but ONLY the beacon will go on top of the hanger so I am going to take a little artistic license and place it on a small square building right alongside with the mdl to allow placement and then put the beacon on top. That will be enough for tonight since I have to go to the city tomorrow with my wife and won't be doing any work on the airport. I catch up on emails when I get home tomorrow evening.

Richard

gray eagle
April 7th, 2016, 08:44
Thought I'd try a vintage seaplane flight over Alameda.

http://s9.postimg.org/4oeain8qn/VP40.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/wtnzc05u9/over_alameda.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 7th, 2016, 12:55
Thought I'd try a vintage seaplane flight over Alameda.

http://s9.postimg.org/4oeain8qn/VP40.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/wtnzc05u9/over_alameda.jpg

I notice that that stupid elusive tower is still on the corner. I started getting it last night and read in "scruffyduck" forum that sometimes if you don't remove the stock NGZ airport it will show things that appear not to belong. I already have removed that from NAWS in Scenery/Global/scenery or some other addon. I was not getting it if you remember. When I uploaded the four squares of Bluesky Scenery for California it started to appear. When I removed them no tower. What do you have in scenery that may be conflicting like that FSX Default NGZ AFCAD maybe? Almost got the beacon on top of the gridiron tower on Hanger 22 and the auxiliary control tower is ontop of Hanger 20. Tried them last night and they look good. I will proof them one more time and upload V2.4 later. Have a good dinner talk with you later. (My wife took us to Olive Garden...so full I think I'll skip dinner tonight, just drink lots of sweet tea, dying of thirst.)

gray eagle
April 7th, 2016, 13:50
Here is contents of the alameda V2.2 scenery folder

http://s15.postimg.org/to4916o17/Alameda_scenery.jpg

What I would like to see or learn is to add static aircraft and either they just sit there or move per flight plan. Been looking at what it takes to do this
I think ADE can add Static aircraft from a collection of library objects that contain aircraft or add them from what you have in FSX (don't know how that is done)

Interesting link/discussion about that very thing:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?64407-FSX-Static-Aircraft-Library-Released

I don't think that the static aircraft library link mentioned ^ is active.

Olive gardens use to treat you like family - now they say family is at olive gardens -

I notice that that stupid elusive tower is still on the corner. I started getting it last night and read in "scruffyduck" forum that sometimes if you don't remove the stock NGZ airport it will show things that appear not to belong. I already have removed that from NAWS in Scenery/Global/scenery or some other addon. I was not getting it if you remember. When I uploaded the four squares of Bluesky Scenery for California it started to appear. When I removed them no tower. What do you have in scenery that may be conflicting like that FSX Default NGZ AFCAD maybe? Almost got the beacon on top of the gridiron tower on Hanger 22 and the auxiliary control tower is ontop of Hanger 20. Tried them last night and they look good. I will proof them one more time and upload V2.4 later. Have a good dinner talk with you later. (My wife took us to Olive Garden...so full I think I'll skip dinner tonight, just drink lots of sweet tea, dying of thirst.)

tgycgijoes
April 7th, 2016, 16:29
Here is contents of the alameda V2.2 scenery folder

http://s15.postimg.org/to4916o17/Alameda_scenery.jpg

What I would like to see of learn how to do is to add static aircraft and either just sit there or move per flight plan. Been looking at what it takes to do this
I think ADE can add Static aircraft from a collection of library objects that contain aircraft or add them from what you have in FSX (don't know how that is done)

Interesting link/discussion about that very thing:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?64407-FSX-Static-Aircraft-Library-Released

I don't think that the static aircraft library link mentioned ^ is active.

Olive gardens use to treat you like family - now they say family is at olive gardens -

We had great service AND a great lunch. Onto the important flightsim stuff, LOL. To add an aircraft static model, (just did it to be sure it works) you open up ADE. Click the Lists tab. Click models. You should have the CVA-64 in that list at least I do because I created the object. If you don't no matter. Click ADD. Find where you have an aircraft folder of the one you want to make a static model. Open up the model file and click the xxx.mdl file. I used the PBM and put it in the seaplane lagoon since it is not an amphibian. Close the list. Put the mouse cursor where you want the aircraft. Right click ADD then left click model the list will open and select the one you want and watch the little yellow dot appear. You can do this to any FSX aircraft addon or stock. These aircraft will just sit there because they are static items.

To have aircraft that will taxi, takeoff and return to land is a whole different ball of yarn. That takes creating or downloading ai aircraft and creating flight plans for them with AIFP (AI Flight Planner) which is a free program that you can find and download. It uses Lee Swordy's Traffic Tools. I have only done this so far in FS9 but I believe its pretty much the same process just different parameters to have it work in FSX. When it works it is really a lot of fun to watch happen. In FS9 I had a USAAF Flight School field with BT-13 aircraft both flying and ai and could actually follow the ai to the runway and takeoff with them. Really neat. Been about 4 years since I did that. To get our amphibians to taxi into the lagoon and takeoff will take me creating taxi patterns into the lagoon from the parking spots. Which is doable. Since I just downloaded an 89MB model of the HU-16 Albatross that will be on the schedule of things to do. I also found out that airfields have at least one (Alameda had 2) magnetic compass calibration pads. I think that I am going to make the compass object my first sketchup project since it is very simple. I downloaded the real spec's for it. Can you see if you can find out where on the airfield they were? Otherwise we will pick 2 logical spots from the Navy docs I have which should be acceptable. Maybe somebody reading our threads who was stationed at Alameda knows where they were.

gray eagle
April 8th, 2016, 08:27
From what I have discovered, I can't use flyable aircraft as AI From Scruffyduck.

Still trying to figure out what to do with ADE after I add the aircraft....

tgycgijoes
April 8th, 2016, 08:46
It is easy to convert a flyable aircraft to an ai aircraft. You can search on the internet how to do that. Static aircraft are scenery objects. I explained up above how to create and place them. AI aircraft cannot be placed as objects on an airport but must have a flight plan created for them. When they are at any given airport in the flight plan they will appear on a specified parking spot. When it is time to taxi and takeoff you can observe that happen. When it is time to land you can watch that as well just like the default aircraft behave in FSX or FS9 or MAIW or WoAI aircraft do. Go to the internet and download AI Flight Planner. They just told me there is a brand new version. Then open the User Manual (pdf) and start reading how to program whatever aircraft you want to fly here as ai. You may be able to find ready-made versions of the aircraft in the OWLSNEST the depository for Military AI Works (MAIW). I tried to attach the AIFP manual here for you but it is 1MB too large for the SOH forum. I gotta work on the radio for a while so I'll catch up with you later.

Richard

dhazelgrove
April 8th, 2016, 09:30
I'm unable to use ADE to open version 2.2 of the BGL, and AIFP can't extract any airport position data.
This means that I can't place any AI traffic at Alameda.

Dave

gray eagle
April 8th, 2016, 11:25
It's like drinking from a fire hose with all this input on how to populate the Alameda airport with AI aircraft. I do have SDK installed and with explorer, i can sorta conjure up a plane or two that
can see at this airport. Trying to locate them side by side is a bummer.

I tried that AIFP and the only aircraft it see's is my P3's. I can't seem to get it to recognize other aircraft that I would like to locate at KNGZ. I looked thru the users manual and
some of what it says makes sense but other parts are a little deep for me to comprehend.

gray eagle
April 8th, 2016, 11:48
Using SDK Explorer I was able to create some other aircraft to show at this airport. I didn't have complete control as to where to place them.

Got lucky I guess.

http://s14.postimg.org/yppkcfsm9/spot.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 8th, 2016, 13:17
Using SDK Explorer I was able to create some other aircraft to show at this airport. I didn't have complete control as to where to place them.

Got lucky I guess.

http://s14.postimg.org/yppkcfsm9/spot.jpg

That looks really good. I'm still working on my programming. Fell asleep. LOL. Those 1AM and 2AM airport nights this week finally caught up with me.

tgycgijoes
April 8th, 2016, 13:43
I'm unable to use ADE to open version 2.2 of the BGL, and AIFP can't extract any airport position data.
This means that I can't place any AI traffic at Alameda.

Dave

Unless you add the airport manually into the AIFP database and remove and ref's to NGZ the closed airport, AIFP won't look for it. Why you can't open the BGL I don't know though. Use ADE to open the "stock airport" called Alameda and see if you have an AFCAD for the closed airport which is what is in FSX by default. It is located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\scenery\0102\scenery. The file is named: APX15180.bgl Take the file and put it in a safe spot like a new folder in Microsoft Games called "Unused AFCADS".

In my experience with other addon airports, sometimes the designer will tell you to do this. I didn't think of putting this in the readme because it is not an issue if you are just going to add the airport and fly from it. I will put this into the V2.4 readme for anyone else who wants to use AIFP with the airport.

I am probably the last guy to instruct on the use of ADE or AIFP. I am sure we have 100's of more qualified in FSDevelopers and Sim Outhouse than me. But that is what I did/do. Any other input from those more experienced please pipe up! One thing I just did you can try and see if you HAVE the airport is use the Airport Editor in AIFP and call up the KNGZ ICAO and see if you get the airport. I hope that this helps you.

gray eagle
April 8th, 2016, 14:12
As for me, I can call up V2.2 Bgl scenery and go by your last instruction on adding aircraft. I tried to add a flyable aircraft (I saw some were that flyable a/c won't work but I could load that cod
C-1 you saw in my pictures and a HU-16 and it looks like there were spotted where I wanted them. It's what do I do later with ADEX after spotting the A/C on the the ramp.

I'd like that AIFP readme on the next update.

Unless you add the airport manually into the AIFP database and remove and ref's to NGZ the closed airport, AIFP won't look for it. Why you can't open the BGL I don't know though. Use ADE to open the "stock airport" called Alameda and see if you have an AFCAD for the closed airport which is what is in FSX by default. It is located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\scenery\0102\scenery. The file is named: APX15180.bgl Take the file and put it in a safe spot like a new folder in Microsoft Games called "Unused AFCADS".

In my experience with other addon airports, sometimes the designer will tell you to do this. I didn't think of putting this in the readme because it is not an issue if you are just going to add the airport and fly from it. I will put this into the V2.4 readme for anyone else who wants to use AIFP with the airport.

I am probably the last guy to instruct on the use of ADE or AIFP. I am sure we have 100's of more qualified in FSDevelopers and Sim Outhouse than me. But that is what I did/do. Any other input from those more experienced please pipe up! One thing I just did you can try and see if you HAVE the airport is use the Airport Editor in AIFP and call up the KNGZ ICAO and see if you get the airport. I hope that this helps you.

gray eagle
April 8th, 2016, 14:28
What I'd like to know is if I can open your scenery bgl in ADEX and add the aircraft to where I want it then compile it. I tried it and the date of the scenery file didn't update so that tells me no
that's not the way to do it. So, is it a projects file that I monkey with and add the static AI to or what?

I played with AIFP and I am overwhelmed with it all. I can get it to recognize any of my installed Aircraft on the KBT P3's. So I am stuck there too.

tgycgijoes
April 8th, 2016, 14:53
Yes if you have never done anything like it before. Since though I only know enough about it to get in trouble, I will try and help. Is that HU-16 the free version that was first FS9? I have that one and I have updated its panel so it has all FSX gauges. I think that a little bit of your confusion is in that fact that you are call the aircraft static ai. That is a contradiction. An aircraft is either: 1. Flyable 2. ai or 3. static. An aircraft cannot be anything else. You fly it. A flight plan flies it or it just sits somewhere you placed it like a building. I am going back and forth here while I have tracks uploading to my radio program which is a wait for thing. I am going to go look for an MAIW airport with ai flight plans tweaked for FSX and send it to you to upload. Then you can see it in action. Once you see it in action, I'll tell you how to open the flight plan in AIFP and you can see what it looks like. That is how I learned what little I know about AIFP. I wish some AIFP guru was following our post. "You're AIFP blind and I am only AIFP partially sighted" LOL and we're liable to fall in the ditch together LOL!!!

gray eagle
April 8th, 2016, 16:08
The HU-16 I was trying to load into your scenery was the flyable Virtavia HU-16. I guess ADEX won't allow flyable types although it looked like when I was adding models in ADEX I was pointing to the
flyable mdls and ADEX went thru the motions of adding them - I could see them parked at the ramps. After that I tried to wrestle with compile - thought that was next thing to do - and no changes
happened. Oh well. I guess in time I hope to have this all sorted. :adoration:

Yes if you have never done anything like it before. Since though I only know enough about it to get in trouble, I will try and help. Is that HU-16 the free version that was first FS9? I have that one and I have updated its panel so it has all FSX gauges. I think that a little bit of your confusion is in that fact that you are call the aircraft static ai. That is a contradiction. An aircraft is either: 1. Flyable 2. ai or 3. static. An aircraft cannot be anything else. You fly it. A flight plan flies it or it just sits somewhere you placed it like a building. I am going back and forth here while I have tracks uploading to my radio program which is a wait for thing. I am going to go look for an MAIW airport with ai flight plans tweaked for FSX and send it to you to upload. Then you can see it in action. Once you see it in action, I'll tell you how to open the flight plan in AIFP and you can see what it looks like. That is how I learned what little I know about AIFP. I wish some AIFP guru was following our post. "You're AIFP blind and I am only AIFP partially sighted" LOL and we're liable to fall in the ditch together LOL!!!

tgycgijoes
April 8th, 2016, 16:34
The HU-16 I was trying to load into your scenery was the flyable Virtavia HU-16. I guess ADEX won't allow flyable types although it looked like when I was adding models in ADEX I was pointing to the
flyable mdls and ADEX went thru the motions of adding them - I could see them parked at the ramps. After that I tried to wrestle with compile - thought that was next thing to do - and no changes
happened. Oh well. I guess in time I hope to have this all sorted. :adoration:

I am sending you a dropbox link to a new (to me) AI program I just found which is much easier to use than AIFP. It is designed to work with the FSX SDK in t he background. I just downloaded the README manual and will work with it sometime. I am so far behind in scheduling now I will probably sign off for tonight after this reply. Here is the link to the folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymdp4ukvaod4292/aitrafficsetup11.zip?dl=0

dhazelgrove
April 8th, 2016, 23:54
http://s20.postimg.org/sairrtu3x/fsx_2016_04_09_08_44_54_31.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/qjzqqcckt/fsx_2016_04_09_08_45_50_26.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/isnm5ixt9/fsx_2016_04_09_08_46_36_11.jpg

Sorted the issues, and here are a few very quick shots of the outcome.
Can we have more parking, please?

Dave

gray eagle
April 9th, 2016, 05:13
I tried this program and it is buggy, at least for me. It will only find the stock FSX aircraft and not the other addons.

I'm about ready to just throw in the towel on this and move on. Some people ^ have an innate ability to manipulate these jazzy programs
and exhibit their talents. That's fine and dandy with me. I just don't like the disappointing results I always seem to conjure up.
Thanks for your help as I appreciate it and hopefully, your project will be a smashing success.

I am sending you a dropbox link to a new (to me) AI program I just found which is much easier to use than AIFP. It is designed to work with the FSX SDK in t he background. I just downloaded the README manual and will work with it sometime. I am so far behind in scheduling now I will probably sign off for tonight after this reply. Here is the link to the folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymdp4ukvaod4292/aitrafficsetup11.zip?dl=0

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 05:29
http://s20.postimg.org/sairrtu3x/fsx_2016_04_09_08_44_54_31.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/qjzqqcckt/fsx_2016_04_09_08_45_50_26.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/isnm5ixt9/fsx_2016_04_09_08_46_36_11.jpg

Sorted the issues, and here are a few very quick shots of the outcome.
Can we have more parking, please?

Dave

Looks good. I will add more parking to V2.4 before I compile and post it.

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2016, 05:30
I tried this program and it is buggy, at least for me. It will only find the stock FSX aircraft and not the other addons.

I'm about ready to just throw in the towel on this and move on. Some people ^ have an innate ability to manipulate these jazzy programs
and exhibit their talents. That's fine and dandy with me. I just don't like the disappointing results I always seem to conjure up.
Thanks for your help as I appreciate it and hopefully, your project will be a smashing success.

I'll stick with AIFP. It's easy enough, with a little thought.

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 05:39

I feel like you do right now about the ai. I had great success with it in FS9. There are many times that I am really disgusted with Microsoft for making so many changes to FSX that the two are incompatible in many areas and programs that were so great that don't work with FSX. Lee Swordy's TrafficTools was fantastic and he never made an FSX version. I think that I may be able to get AIFP to work and when I do I will PM you and tell you how in detail so you can too. In the meantime though after yesterday, I agree with you about it being frustrating. I have enjoyed working with you on NAS Alameda. I will continue posting updates to it on this thread. When flight simming starts to get frustrating and is not fun anymore its time to get back to what is fun, flying. I am going to spend my time on tweaking the airport and flying to/from it to other NAS's. Maybe sometime we can get into Multiplayer and fly together with the other couple guys here too if they want. I think that would be fun. TTYL

Richard

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 05:43
I'll stick with AIFP. It's easy enough, with a little thought.

Dave

I don't know why it only picks the default a/c and I agree about AIFP. I am going to spend the free time tweaking NAS Alameda and when I get it the way I think it should be in a finished state, and do some flying for all the efforts, then I'll get to tackling ai from it. I answered Butch about a Multiplayer flight sometime in the near future. Interested? We can discuss it later.

Richard

gray eagle
April 9th, 2016, 06:37
Here is a little info from AIFP manual that makes me wonder how it will help me add static aircraft.

1. GENERAL
AI Flight Planner provides all the facilities necessary to install, create, edit, analyse and compile AI traffic flight plans for both FS9 and FSX versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (P3D) - collectively referred to as "FlightSim"). Either TTools-format .txt files (zipped or unzipped) or compiled MSFS traffic .bgl files may be used as “source code” – or you may create your flight plans “from scratch” using timetable information from airlines, airports or elsewhere.
P3D is handled in exactly the same way as FSX.

Now I know that static aircraft are just that, not moving, just sitting in one place.

Here is the GUI from this AIFP program

http://s17.postimg.org/glb5go3m7/AI_FLT.jpg

I/m thinking this is a tool for making flight planes for AI aircraft. Well, Not knowing what button(S) to mash, I try all of 'em and as per usual, always moving and getting nowhere.
Ya Know...I have better luck with SDK creating aircraft in its explorer program except they are not permanent, when you shut off FSX, there gone.......
This AIFP thing, I don't know how in Hades one gets this program to find the aircraft you want to make a flight plan for 'cause it won't recognize ALL addon aircraft.
It will pickup on some MIAW P3 aircraft and only those.

So how I don't know how the other gentleman that posted a picture containing a plethora of aircraft at KNGZ. I've been snagged in the weeds with that program and just
running into so many dead ends. Yes, I did go thru the manual but for whatever reason, I'm not able to produce what it was intended to do.

Now, if there were some other program out there that will let you spot any aircraft you have installed in your FSX flyable/AI or whatever, I could sure use it.
But for now, all I am doing is just spinning my wheels with this. And so it goes.......

mikewmac
April 9th, 2016, 06:39
I feel like you do right now about the ai. I had great success with it in FS9. There are many times that I am really disgusted with Microsoft for making so many changes to FSX that the two are incompatible in many areas and programs that were so great that don't work with FSX. Lee Swordy's TrafficTools was fantastic and he never made an FSX version. I think that I may be able to get AIFP to work and when I do I will PM you and tell you how in detail so you can too. In the meantime though after yesterday, I agree with you about it being frustrating. I have enjoyed working with you on NAS Alameda. I will continue posting updates to it on this thread. When flight simming starts to get frustrating and is not fun anymore its time to get back to what is fun, flying. I am going to spend my time on tweaking the airport and flying to/from it to other NAS's. Maybe sometime we can get into Multiplayer and fly together with the other couple guys here too if they want. I think that would be fun. TTYL

Richard
Guys,

I have a suggestion that might work for you. I'm an old, with the emphasis on old, FS8 and FS9 AI flight planner using TTools and I had a large inventory of FS9 AI Traffic files that I recompiled into FSX AI Traffic files using AIFP. This recompilation process was so simple and straight forward that I have found it much easier for me to create FS9 AI flight plans and compile the FS9 AI Traffic files with TTools and then only use AIFP to recompile these FS9 AI Traffic files into FSX AI Traffic files. Of course this approach assumes that one has experience in using TTools, but for me it makes using AIFP very simple and straight forward. :encouragement:

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2016, 07:05
AIFP will not help in any way with static aircraft. It was never designed for that.

To create static aircraft BGL files and/or libraries, you'll need SAMM (available here (http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=SAMM&JS=TRUE)).
Once you have your static aircraft ready for placement, you'll need ADE (available here (http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799)) to place them in your chosen scenery.

Both come with full tutorials, and will keep you out of the pub/bar for ages.

Enjoy.

Dave

mikewmac
April 9th, 2016, 07:12
Here is a little info from AIFP manual that makes me wonder how it will help me add static aircraft.
gray eagle,

You are correct, AIFP is an FSX AI flight planning tool much like TTools was for FS9.

In FS9 when I can't find an actual static aircraft model(s) for the aircraft that I might want permanently parked at some location, I simply create orphaned parking spot(s), orphaned meaning not attached to any apron or taxiway routes, at the location(s) with the appropriate parking type(s), radius(s) and code(s) for the desired AI aircraft present in my FS9 Aircraft folder. I then create a simple 24 hour flight plan for the AI aircraft to fly one VFR circuit around the particular airport in the middle of the night and then compile an FS9 traffic file using TTools. However, since the parking spot(s) are orphaned, the pseudo static aircraft don't ever fly, they just disappear for a short time in the middle of the night and the rest of the time they perform as static aircraft. I haven't had the need to do this in FSX yet, but I think it should work fine. :encouragement:

Of course you can also follow Dave's suggestion and get a similar result. :encouragement:

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2016, 07:41
In FS9 when I can't find an actual static aircraft model(s) for the aircraft that I might want permanently parked at some location, I simply create orphaned parking spot(s), orphaned meaning not attached to any apron or taxiway routes, at the location(s) with the appropriate parking type(s), radius(s) and code(s) for the desired AI aircraft present in my FS9 Aircraft folder. I then create a simple 24 hour flight plan for the AI aircraft to fly one VFR circuit around the particular airport in the middle of the night and then compile an FS9 traffic file using TTools. However, since the parking spot(s) are orphaned, the pseudo static aircraft don't ever fly, they just disappear for a short time in the middle of the night and the rest of the time they perform as static aircraft. I haven't had the need to do this in FSX yet, but I think it should work fine. :encouragement:

You don't actually need to bother with all of that. Simply create an AI aircraft with a discrete parking code and match this code to the parking spot where you want your aircraft to be, then make sure the aircraft only moves in the early hours of the morning (02:00 - 03:00 seems best).

Dave

gray eagle
April 9th, 2016, 08:02
I actually discovered both of your suggestions before you mentioned them. I have tried the SAMM and not having any luck with it.
Appreciate your recommendations but alas no meaningful results for me. SAMM will not seek all the aircraft in my FSX folder so that I can created an AI aircraft.

I did discover this link contains some interesting info

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/adding-addon-static-aircraft-to-adex.297589/

AIFP will not help in any way with static aircraft. It was never designed for that.

To create static aircraft BGL files and/or libraries, you'll need SAMM (available here (http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=SAMM&JS=TRUE)).
Once you have your static aircraft ready for placement, you'll need ADE (available here (http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799)) to place them in your chosen scenery.

I am aware of ADE and have it installed. I can open ADEX sceneries and have tried to add active flyable aircraft to the airport. When I save/compile it, the scenery doesn;t
reflect the changes.

Both come with full tutorials, and will keep you out of the pub/bar for ages.

Enjoy.

Dave

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2016, 08:55
SAMM will not seek all the aircraft in my FSX folder so that I can created an AI aircraft.

I am officially confused. Static or AI? Which is it you want?

You need AIFP for AI aircraft. SAMM for static - as I have already posted.

Can we start this all again?

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 08:56
Guys,

I have a suggestion that might work for you. I'm an old, with the emphasis on old, FS8 and FS9 AI flight planner using TTools and I had a large inventory of FS9 AI Traffic files that I recompiled into FSX AI Traffic files using AIFP. This recompilation process was so simple and straight forward that I have found it much easier for me to create FS9 AI flight plans and compile the FS9 AI Traffic files with TTools and then only use AIFP to recompile these FS9 AI Traffic files into FSX AI Traffic files. Of course this approach assumes that one has experience in using TTools, but for me it makes using AIFP very simple and straight forward. :encouragement:

I NEVER OF THOUGHT OF DOING THAT!!! And I knew that AIFP could do that. Great idea. I am going to try that later. As far as recognizing the aircraft, Butch, let me work on that unless mikewmac has any thoughts. Please add them here.

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 09:05
I am officially confused. Static or AI? Which is it you want?

You need AIFP for AI aircraft. SAMM for static - as I have already posted.

Can we start this all again?

Dave

SAMM was great for FS9 even though it says it works in FSX, I haven't found it to and neither have some other guys I used to fly WWII with. The way to place static aircraft on the airport is to use ADE itself. I explained how to do this above. Use the model list/add a model in ADE itself and you can place them EXACTLY where you want them to be. I have successfully used this and verified it when I posted the reply above about static aircraft. The are created from the mdl file of any aircraft in your FSX simobject airplanes inventory. Then the textures are added to the Addon scenery/textures folder in FSX. That is how the CVA-64 USS CONSTELLATION was created and placed in the NAS Alameda. The carrier itself is an ai carrier which is another subject for another time. Don't ask me to move it yet please.LOL!!! I have a big, fat printout of programming ai ships still to read, not skim. It came from when I had Virtual CVW 9 active (not any more). I'm gonna get back to the airfield in a little while. Checked my emaiils and saw posts here so I moseyed on over. See ya all later.

Richard

Edit: When we were trying to use SAMM to create static aircraft for a North Africa Airfield in 1942, we ended up with MDL not BGL files. ADE has the capability of creating static objects from MDL files duh!!! Don't need to create scenery objects only from BGL. SAMM MDL to the Model List in ADE to a static aircraft exactly where your cursor is on the airport. Gonna try that in just a bit.

ian elliot
April 9th, 2016, 09:18
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by mikewmachttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=1017507#post1017507)Guys,

I NEVER OF THOUGHT OF DOING THAT!!! And I knew that AIFP could do that. Great idea. I am going to try that later. As far as recognizing the aircraft, Butch, let me work on that unless mikewmac has any thoughts. Please add them here.]

Thats how i do my traffic file's, Other than recompiling FS9 file's to FSX, i just cant get my head around how AIFP works, it seems to be a very complicated program for doing something very simple.
And there's no reason why you cant use regular aircraft as ai, as long as there relatively simple, ie Ito or Mike Stone, and you dont use to many, the main problem is that they dont behave well when flying as ai and need considerable tweaking to get working right, some are beyond saving in that department, but as statics, no problem.

enjoying the scenery by the way, thanks ian:wavey:

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 09:42
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by mikewmachttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=1017507#post1017507)Guys,

I NEVER OF THOUGHT OF DOING THAT!!! And I knew that AIFP could do that. Great idea. I am going to try that later. As far as recognizing the aircraft, Butch, let me work on that unless mikewmac has any thoughts. Please add them here.]

Thats how i do my traffic file's, Other than recompiling FS9 file's to FSX, i just cant get my head around how AIFP works, it seems to be a very complicated program for doing something very simple.
And there's no reason why you cant use regular aircraft as ai, as long as there relatively simple, ie Ito or Mike Stone, and you dont use to many, the main problem is that they dont behave well when flying as ai and need considerable tweaking to get working right, some are beyond saving in that department, but as statics, no problem.

enjoying the scenery by the way, thanks ian:wavey:

Your welcome. I am glad to give back and share. I have gotten so much help and software from other guys and so much fun from this hobby. Both in payware and freeware. When you look at the price of software in flight simulation payware compared to the price of business software. Even payware is being given away for a small price. And the freeware guys...just WOW!!! When I started doing new panels and textures and now an airport? The time involved in creating something is overwhelming. To God be the glory for my talent and all of theirs.

rdaniell
April 9th, 2016, 09:53
I continue to use Traffic Tools for my AI. I don't even bother to convert them to FSX. Simple reason is that I deleted all my FSX AI traffic files and rely upon
my own created AI. No FSX traffic means no conflict with my FS9 files.

The real beauty of this is I have aircraft of my choosing flying out of and into my scenery.

RD

mikewmac
April 9th, 2016, 10:31
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mikewmac

In FS9 when I can't find an actual static aircraft model(s) for the aircraft that I might want permanently parked at some location, I simply create orphaned parking spot(s), orphaned meaning not attached to any apron or taxiway routes, at the location(s) with the appropriate parking type(s), radius(s) and code(s) for the desired AI aircraft present in my FS9 Aircraft folder. I then create a simple 24 hour flight plan for the AI aircraft to fly one VFR circuit around the particular airport in the middle of the night and then compile an FS9 traffic file using TTools. However, since the parking spot(s) are orphaned, the pseudo static aircraft don't ever fly, they just disappear for a short time in the middle of the night and the rest of the time they perform as static aircraft. I haven't had the need to do this in FSX yet, but I think it should work fine.

You don't actually need to bother with all of that. Simply create an AI aircraft with a discrete parking code and match this code to the parking spot where you want your aircraft to be, then make sure the aircraft only moves in the early hours of the morning (02:00 - 03:00 seems best).

Dave
Dave,

Same technique, different execution. I do it both ways depending on what I am trying to accomplish. The technique I described works great for "Gate Guards" or any other static AI that you don't want parked in a regular functional parking spot. I always use a different, appropriately named Traffic file for any of my static AI so I can remove them easily by just removing their Traffic file. :encouragement:

mikewmac
April 9th, 2016, 10:38
The one distinct advantage I found with using SAMM for creating static aircraft in FS9 was its ability to create static aircraft with animations exercised such as having the wings folded on carrier borne static aircraft. :encouragement:

dhazelgrove
April 9th, 2016, 10:46
http://s20.postimg.org/63xwzlh2l/fsx_2016_04_09_11_18_01_98.jpg

I seem to be missing a texture file.

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 10:53
http://s20.postimg.org/63xwzlh2l/fsx_2016_04_09_11_18_01_98.jpg

I seem to be missing a texture file.

Dave

What a pretty shot!!! I operated with VF-96 aboard USS AMERICA, CVW-9 in 1970 with this exact aircraft. Tracked her for many hours, many days of AIROPS as AW on CARDIV2 staff. What texture file, the hanger? Not sure why.

Richard

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 15:18
Been working on this for a couple of hours. For now, I am going to take a break updating for a while. My next update will be a whole new version 3.0 with the industrial area across the Oakland Estuary all populated and parking spots increased. I opened it up on Google Earth today and MS FSX's landclass is totally wrong. The area that looks residential is a huge sea-going container park on asphalt and concrete with lots of containers and ships docked. It will take some effort and I want to fly from here for awhile. For now, here is the last Version 2 update 2.4 with the second control tower on Building 23 and the tower with the beacon on Building 20 as it says in the documentation and no phantom tower. It was a lot of work getting the elevations but I finally managed. So without further ado:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwppn6a5ke447k3/NAS%20Alameda%20V24.zip?dl=0

I hope you guys keep working here on the static aircraft and the ai aircraft. I get an email anytime somebody posts here and I will check in anytime somebody does. Enjoy the airport it was great meeting all of you and working together. We're not done yet! I am going to fly a bit and will shoot snapshots and post a bit later here. :wavey:

Richard

gray eagle
April 9th, 2016, 15:56
Richard,

I Like some of the changes you made with V2.4. The beacon looks good :encouragement: I wonder if TTools would work with FSX?
From what Randy says ^ he manages to use it to work either AI or static aircraft in FSX.

http://s16.postimg.org/5anikje2t/Alameda_2_4.jpg

What is that Black plane all about ?

http://s17.postimg.org/bp1yktlof/alameda_2_4_1.jpg

gray eagle
April 9th, 2016, 16:18
I don't use/have FS9 anymore so how in sam hill do you manage to use Traffic Tools? It flat out don't reconginse anything FSX related.
I pointed it to my FSX folder and I think it said....you gotta be kidding :biggrin-new:

Maybe I misunderstood what you said.

http://s18.postimg.org/ptoiom855/ttools.jpg

I continue to use Traffic Tools for my AI. I don't even bother to convert them to FSX. Simple reason is that I deleted all my FSX AI traffic files and rely upon
my own created AI. No FSX traffic means no conflict with my FS9 files.

The real beauty of this is I have aircraft of my choosing flying out of and into my scenery.

RD

gray eagle
April 9th, 2016, 16:50
I was station with this outfit 72-74 on USS Ranger. Top Gun Bar None
TG
O

http://s30.postimg.org/3sq5wuqf5/VF_154.jpg

ian elliot
April 9th, 2016, 16:54
Hi, TTools wont don't reconginse FSX file's im afraid, the reason i still use TT is that i still have FS9 installed, i look through the store'd traffic file's from that sim and select the one i want to convert over to FSX. If you dont have a FS9 traffic file to start with, you have to build one up from scratch, in which case its probably better to try and get to grips with AIFP.

cheers ian

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 19:06
I don't use/have FS9 anymore so how in sam hill do you manage to use Traffic Tools? It flat out don't reconginse anything FSX related.
I pointed it to my FSX folder and I think it said....you gotta be kidding :biggrin-new:

The black DC3 was supposed to be a static plane but it looks buried so I guess that didn't work either. Nuts to it all. I will remove it (thought i did_) and put a new link up later tomorrow. Glad you like the airport. I had no luck with TTools and FSX either nor any other FS9 port over stuff. Why MS ever screwed with a good thing I will never know. If I was't locked into FSX for things that have not been made for FS9 I'd go back to it and all the beautiful addons I paid good money for. A pox on MS.

tgycgijoes
April 9th, 2016, 20:26
Got back to flying tonight in my HU-16 Albatross (freeware) It was made for FS9 but works great in FSX with exceptions in the panel. Using FSPS I replaced all the FS98 gauges and some shouldn't be modern gauges with FSX gauges and the panel works great. It has both a nice 2D panel (pilot and copilot) and also a semi-functional VC pilot and copilot. The VC is really nice looking but no where near as good as Virtavia's. I may break down in a couple weeks and get that one. Here are some shots from tonight's flight.

This is us taxiing to Runway 31 to take off at 1730 PST.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36945&stc=1

Here we are in front of Hanger 20 shut down for the night. Notice the Beacon in the background.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36944&stc=1

This is Google Earth of Oakland Estuary North side docks which I want to try and add for V3.0

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36946&stc=1

dhazelgrove
April 10th, 2016, 00:21
Regarding AI traffic tools of various sorts, here's a 'sneaky' for you:

AIFP uses the same three text files that people who use/used TTools are used to - namely Aircraft, Airports and Flightplans. They're even in the same formats.
Simply decompile your FS9 flightplans, and move the three files into AIFP's Flightplans subdirectory.

Once they're there, you can edit them manually, or open them in AIFP and edit them there.
You can then validate and compile for FSX (using AIFP) when you're ready.

Simples!

Dave

dhazelgrove
April 10th, 2016, 04:09
What a pretty shot!!! I operated with VF-96 aboard USS AMERICA, CVW-9 in 1970 with this exact aircraft. Tracked her for many hours, many days of AIROPS as AW on CARDIV2 staff. What texture file, the hanger? Not sure why.

Richard

I still don't have the texture for that hangar. Which model hangar is that? I'll have to play 'hunt the texture'.

Dave

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 04:17
This is all well and good but if you don't have any FS9 flight plans then this is all moot for FSX users I would think.....:engel016:

Regarding AI traffic tools of various sorts, here's a 'sneaky' for you:

AIFP uses the same three text files that people who use/used TTools are used to - namely Aircraft, Airports and Flightplans. They're even in the same formats.
Simply decompile your FS9 flightplans, and move the three files into AIFP's Flightplans subdirectory.

Once they're there, you can edit them manually, or open them in AIFP and edit them there.
You can then validate and compile for FSX (using AIFP) when you're ready.

Simples!

Dave

mikewmac
April 10th, 2016, 08:46

Butch,

In your case I would create a desktop folder and call it something like Traffic Files. Then I would change the default TTools paths for your Source Files and FS2004 Traffic Files to this Traffic Files folder. This will separate TTools from FSX and allow it to function properly.

Now create your Airport_XXXX.txt, Aircraft_XXXX and Flightplans_XXXX.txt files for FS2004 and save them in this folder. Then use TTools to compile these into a Traffic_XXXX.bgl file for FS2004.

Now open AIFP, open this FS2004 Traffic_XXXX.bgl file in AIFP, set the Target Version to FSX and compile it with the Compiled Path set to your desktop Traffic Files folder.

Voila, now you will find a new Traffic_XXXX_FSX.bgl file in your desktop Traffic Files folder which you can move to an appropriate FSX scenery folder. Personally I place all my Traffic_XXXX_FSX.bgl files in the scenery folder for whatever Addon Scenery the particular AI aircraft are based at. In your case if you have followed Richard's installation instructions that would be your FSX Addon Scenery/scenery folder.

Good luck,

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 11:04
I am trying out your suggestion but have to ask about the naming conventions you used for these dummy files.
Airport_XXXX.txt, Aircraft_XXXX and Flightplans_XXXX.txt << Do I create these txt files and save them exactly as you have it or is there some numbers in the XXX's

I have TT tools almost fooled or gamed but it won't pull up the 3rd file to compile. I think it is the Airport_XXXX.txt - so it is stuck for now.

http://s28.postimg.org/fdjr3hwgd/tools.jpg

Butch,

In your case I would create a desktop folder and call it something like Traffic Files. Then I would change the default TTools paths for your Source Files and FS2004 Traffic Files to this Traffic Files folder. This will separate TTools from FSX and allow it to function properly.

Now create your Airport_XXXX.txt, Aircraft_XXXX and Flightplans_XXXX.txt files for FS2004 and save them in this folder. Then use TTools to compile these into a Traffic_XXXX.bgl file for FS2004.

Now open AIFP, open this FS2004 Traffic_XXXX.bgl file in AIFP, set the Target Version to FSX and compile it with the Compiled Path set to your desktop Traffic Files folder.

Voila, now you will find a new Traffic_XXXX_FSX.bgl file in your desktop Traffic Files folder which you can move to an appropriate FSX scenery folder. Personally I place all my Traffic_XXXX_FSX.bgl files in the scenery folder for whatever Addon Scenery the particular AI aircraft are based at. In your case if you have followed Richard's installation instructions that would be your FSX Addon Scenery/scenery folder.

Good luck,

ian elliot
April 10th, 2016, 11:57
Hi, those xxxx's should be the airport ID or ICAO code, for Alameda, it'll be KNGZ.

cheers ian

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 12:05
Hi, those xxxx's should be the airport ID or ICAO code, for Alameda, it'll be KNGZ.

cheers ian

Okay thanks, I change them, but it doesn't pickup or recognize the Airport.txt which is in the same folder as the others.

dhazelgrove
April 10th, 2016, 12:05
http://s20.postimg.org/sei3okmul/fsx_2016_04_10_20_35_11_09.jpg

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 10th, 2016, 12:11
http://s20.postimg.org/sei3okmul/fsx_2016_04_10_20_35_11_09.jpg

Dave

Milviz Phantom? What airport?

Richard

ian elliot
April 10th, 2016, 12:13
As encouragement, i thought i'd post some shots of what you can achieve with ai,
Ive tweak'd the ADEX file for my own use, adding parking and connected up the taxiway-runway links, found some FS9 A-7's that work fine in FSX from the Owls nest, made up a quick and dirty traffic file for 10 aircraft, with 2 aircraft performing touch and go's for a couple of hours.
Ive also converted the Alphasim FS9 Skywarrior to static using SAMM, also running it through MDLX for better frame's. not the right unit markings but i'll figure that out later.
And if you have Henrik's Global AI Ship Traffic V1 installed, Alameda is a great place for ship spotting.

cheers ian

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 12:15
I posted this at #118.

http://s30.postimg.org/3sq5wuqf5/VF_154.jpg

ian elliot
April 10th, 2016, 12:22
Maybe this will help, ive included the complete traffic file and the 3 components, Aircraft, Airports and Flightplans, maybe studying these will answer some questions, this is a FS9 traffic file so you must run it through AIFP first before using it in sim.

mikewmac
April 10th, 2016, 12:24
I am trying out your suggestion but have to ask about the naming conventions you used for these dummy files.
Airport_XXXX.txt, Aircraft_XXXX and Flightplans_XXXX.txt << Do I create these txt files and save them exactly as you have it or is there some numbers in the XXX's

I have TT tools almost fooled or gamed but it won't pull up the 3rd file to compile. I think it is the Airport_XXXX.txt - so it is stuck for now.

http://s28.postimg.org/fdjr3hwgd/tools.jpg
Butch,

The XXXX in the text file names was intended to indicate where whatever name that you wanted your traffic file to be named would go. In other words something like Airports_NAS_Alameda.txt, Aircraft_NAS_Alameda.txt and Flightplans_NAS_Alameda.txt. These files should not be dummy files, but should contain your prioperly formatted lists of Airports, AI Aircraft and Flighplans respectively which will be used to compile your Traffic_Nas_Alameda.bgl FS2204 file with TTools that you will then recompile into your Traffic_Nas_Alameda_FSX.bgl file with AIFP.

Below are a set of the simple text files that I compiled first with TTools to create my FS2004 Traffic_AI_Appearance_Test.bgl file and then recompiled with AIFP to create my Traffic_AI_Appearance_Test_FSX.bgl file that I used to test for the appearance of HTAI F16D USAF_VT_134_86-0046 at my FSX VT ANG base at my local Burlington IAP while I was developing it.

My Airports_AI_Appearance_Test.txt file included the following:

KBTV,N44* 28.23',W73* 9.18',331

My Aircraft_AI_Appearance_Test.txt file included the following:

AC#1,536,"HTAI F16D USAF_VT_134_86-0046"

My Flightplans_AI_Appearance_Test.txt file included the following:

AC#1,1,30%,24Hr,VFR,13:00:00,13:27:40,240,F,1,KBTV ,18:30:00,18:57:40,210,F,1,KBTV

My compiled Traffic_AI_Appearance_Test_FSX.bgl file simply had the VT ANG HTAI F-16D fly one VFR circuit around Rwy 15/33 at Burlington IAP at 13:00Z and again at 18:30Z.

I hope this helps. :encouragement:

tgycgijoes
April 10th, 2016, 12:26
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner...here is the Dropbox link to the airport file with that DC-3 removed from being buried on the apron. I decided that I will let you place your own static aircraft scenery / ai aircraft and stick to the airport. There seems to be enough other guys who know a lot more about that than I do.

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwppn6a5ke447k3/NAS%20Alameda%20V24.zip?dl=0)I also remembered after snapping on Google Earth last night and posting that photo what TARPSBIRD said about the Google Earth Clock Slider and "slid" back to 1993 which gives me a much more accurate picture to work on the scenery continuation of NAS Alameda and the Port Of Oakland across the Estuary. It shows as you can see below a whole different port area with warehouses not container parks. That is the way I am going to do it for us. Will be working on that this week since I am having so much fun with the airport and with you guys.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36971&stc=1

mikewmac
April 10th, 2016, 12:34
Butch,

I think the KNGZ.zip attachment in Ian's last post will probably be of the most value to you since it pertains directly to NAS Alameda. :encouragement:
I'll now get back to blowing things up with my newly acquired Milviz F-86F-30 with Tacpack integration. :ernaehrung004:

Good Luck,

tgycgijoes
April 10th, 2016, 12:43
As encouragement, i thought i'd post some shots of what you can achieve with ai,
Ive tweak'd the ADEX file for my own use, adding parking and connected up the taxiway-runway links, found some FS9 A-7's that work fine in FSX from the Owls nest, made up a quick and dirty traffic file for 10 aircraft, with 2 aircraft performing touch and go's for a couple of hours.
Ive also converted the Alphasim FS9 Skywarrior to static using SAMM, also running it through MDLX for better frame's. not the right unit markings but i'll figure that out later.
And if you have Henrik's Global AI Ship Traffic V1 installed, Alameda is a great place for ship spotting.

cheers ian

I am so glad that everyone here is enjoying my efforts so much. You have done a really great job Ian.

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 12:50
I was also attached to this Mig Killer outfit embarked on the USS Hancock and USS Bonnie Dick. I was with ordnance team (65-67) when we got the mig kills.
VF-24 was home based at NAS Miramar CA.

http://s16.postimg.org/6btrxdwf9/VF24.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/osyr1ht3h/VF_24_1.jpg

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 13:03
Thanks Ian,
I will run this thru the ringer (AIFP) first and then she how it works. :engel016:

Maybe this will help, ive included the complete traffic file and the 3 components, Aircraft, Airports and Flightplans, maybe studying these will answer some questions, this is a FS9 traffic file so you must run it through AIFP first before using it in sim.

EDIT I don't have the A7 that you used for the traffic bgl so nothing was compiled.

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 13:19
Glad when you get a fox tail and dustpan or the crash team and remove the barbequed C-47 :biggrin-new: I'm just teasing you. :adoration:

I am so glad that everyone here is enjoying my efforts so much. You have done a really great job Ian.

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 13:44
Houston, We have a problem.... I don't have this AI aircraft so it did not compile your bgl. Where can I get this AI or can I use different plane or what are my options now?

http://s22.postimg.org/45ujyirkx/va27.jpg

Butcherbird17
April 10th, 2016, 14:29
Use this site gray eagle to find just about any military AI made for fs9 and X.

http://www.owlsnest.eu/aiaircraft.php

Joe

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 15:35
Thanks, there are about 50 A-7's in there and I don't know which one was used. :dizzy:
or if he got it from that link you are showing.

Use this site gray eagle to find just about any military AI made for fs9 and X.

http://www.owlsnest.eu/aiaircraft.php

Joe

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 16:09
Richard,

I removed the 2.4 with the black DC3 then added your corrected sans Black P3. It's is still there...at least for me.

I know I'm not one of those Static or AI bubba's but there are a few of them that I am glad were here.

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner...here is the Dropbox link to the airport file with that DC-3 removed from being buried on the apron. I decided that I will let you place your own static aircraft scenery / ai aircraft and stick to the airport. There seems to be enough other guys who know a lot more about that than I do.

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwppn6a5ke447k3/NAS%20Alameda%20V24.zip?dl=0)I also remembered after snapping on Google Earth last night and posting that photo what TARPSBIRD said about the Google Earth Clock Slider and "slid" back to 1993 which gives me a much more accurate picture to work on the scenery continuation of NAS Alameda and the Port Of Oakland across the Estuary. It shows as you can see below a whole different port area with warehouses not container parks. That is the way I am going to do it for us. Will be working on that this week since I am having so much fun with the airport and with you guys.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36971&stc=1

ian elliot
April 10th, 2016, 16:24
Thanks, there are about 50 A-7's in there and I don't know which one was used. :dizzy:
or if he got it from that link you are showing.

Here's a link to the A-7,
PS, got your PM, im running out of time but i'll look it over tmw if thats ok.

http://rayparker-repaints.jimdo.com/downloads-2#cc-m-5067287209

cheers ian

gray eagle
April 10th, 2016, 16:34
That would be fine IAN. I know it's very late over there for you. Thanks.

Here's a link to the A-7,
PS, got your PM, im running out of time but i'll look it over tmw if thats ok.

http://rayparker-repaints.jimdo.com/downloads-2#cc-m-5067287209

cheers ian

tgycgijoes
April 10th, 2016, 16:35
Richard,

I removed the 2.4 with the black DC3 then added your corrected sans Black P3. It's is still there...at least for me.

I know I'm not one of those Static or AI bubba's but there are a few of them that I am glad were here.

I don't have a P-3 Orion static object on MY airport.

I checked my FSX/opened up KNGZ and the bar-bq DC-3 is gone. I also opened up ADEX and removed the static object before saving and compiling the airport. Finally to check, I downloaded the zip file from Dropbox, opened it up and checked it in ADEX and the DC3 is gone. I have always opened up FSX/Addon Scenery and deleted the last version of both of the KNGZ files before installing the new ones, not relying on overwriting them. I noticed that you are creating a scenery folder with a dummy texture folder in it and activating that in Addon Scenery. Because there is a ground poly folder associated with the airport folder when it is compiled, I thought that it is better to install both files into Addon Scenery/scenery. I have not tried to have a scenery folder. Did you put the CVA-64 textures into the Texture folder instead of the Addon Scenery/texture? Haven't tried that.

tgycgijoes
April 10th, 2016, 19:45
I want to thank Mike, Ian and Dave for all their AI input here. I decided to try this at the airport tonight before "hittin' the rack". Thanks so much for that KNGZ Traffic file it was the bottleneck breaker seeing how these work. I input it into AIFP just as you said and compiled the flightplan as an FSX to the FS2004 Traffic folder on the desktop which is source and output. Took that .bgl and copied it into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. Here is the beautiful result. I have 3 MAIW folders of AI A4 Skyhawks I am going to play with tomorrow after I do some "stuff" on the "Honeydo List". (If Momma ain't happy no one is happy). I'm going to add more parking spots tomorrow as Ian did and see how these fly around tomorrow.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36985&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36986&stc=1

dhazelgrove
April 11th, 2016, 00:13
Milviz Phantom? What airport?

Richard

Milviz F-4J, and it's still Alameda, folks. You can tell by the missing texture from the hangar behind the cockpit.

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 11th, 2016, 05:31
Milviz F-4J, and it's still Alameda, folks. You can tell by the missing texture from the hangar behind the cockpit.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I opened up the latest version of the airport to check out that hanger and I scratch my head why yours is black. It is a standard FSX (I use Acceleration) library object Hanger 01. It shouldn't be black but gray. I don't think that anyone else has that problem at least i don't and haven't seen it in other photos here. You are using the latest V2.4 right? I remember when Milviz came out with their USAF Phantom and I emailed them right away about a Navy version which they promised and obviously came through. Its on my wish list as soon as I fix some stuff around the house first. Discretionary income is a bit low right now LOL. Glad ya all are enjoying the airport. I still have some more updates planned as you know across the estuary with the Navy Supply Center and other warehouses shown on the 1993 Google earth photo, some other cosmetic tweaks to the air station itself, and more parking spots.

Richard

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 05:45
Richard,

Got my gray bat barge back for Alameda :biggrin-new: No more bar-b-que DC-3 there anymore :adoration:

I posted a new thread about a scenery rdaniell (Randy) did for me (KNQA - NAS Millington) a while back. When I was compiling the various files that IAN sent me to get an AI traffic file going
for KNGZ I opened up AIFP and it pulled up KNQA and I didn't notice that is was there in the que for compilling and so I loaded up IAN's Traffic.bgl and compilled it to the KNQA scenery.
After that, I noticed that KNQA traffice (3 P's) were not on the flight line anymore. I made a backup and tried to install it and activate it again - only thing I get is the scenery with no traffic
(P3's)on the flight line. The Traffic file was validated by IAN - I sent him everything associate with the scenery and traffic and he bounced back with all was well and working. Hummm... I though
and now I am at wits end as to how to get it back or I should say visible again?

dhazelgrove
April 11th, 2016, 08:38
Hey Dave,

I opened up the latest version of the airport to check out that hanger and I scratch my head why yours is black. It is a standard FSX (I use Acceleration) library object Hanger 01. It shouldn't be black but gray. I don't think that anyone else has that problem at least i don't and haven't seen it in other photos here. You are using the latest V2.4 right? I remember when Milviz came out with their USAF Phantom and I emailed them right away about a Navy version which they promised and obviously came through. Its on my wish list as soon as I fix some stuff around the house first. Discretionary income is a bit low right now LOL. Glad ya all are enjoying the airport. I still have some more updates planned as you know across the estuary with the Navy Supply Center and other warehouses shown on the 1993 Google earth photo, some other cosmetic tweaks to the air station itself, and more parking spots.

Richard

Don't worry about the texture file. It's obviously in a texture subdirectory that is not on the same level as my system expects. Easy fix once I find it.

The aircraft is from the Milviz F-4J/S package. It's interesting to compare it with the F-4B.

Dave

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 08:49
Ian,

Okay, When I installed your traffic A7's they showed up at Alameda, now they don't. Yes, your traffic file is still in the KNGZ scenery folder. This is the same issue as with that KNQA I sent you via
PM - Why these traffic BGL's aircraft don't appear I wish I knew. FSX is blind to your traffic file and that one for KNQA (millington) I sent you, yet they will check out ok in AIFP.
Something is jumbled up in fsx to where these traffic files are not functioning as they should. And to think that yesterday, your A7 AI's were populating Alameda. They all left the base for now.
I have SDK installed and usually these AI traffic files will show in SDK/Explorer with their flight schedule. But for Aameda and NAS Millington (KNQA) they don't cause they didn't load
with the rest of the scenery even though I will see a dialog that show traffic and scenery files are loading........

dhazelgrove
April 11th, 2016, 09:38
I keep all my traffic BGLs in 'scenery\world\scenery', just so that I don't have to keep trawling for them.

Here's a present for you: my KNGZ flightplan files. You'll need to compile them before use.
I'm giving you these, rather than the compiled BGL, so that you can see which aircraft I've used.

Good luck hunting for them.....

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 11th, 2016, 09:48
I uploaded the flight plans last night into Addon Scenery/scenery and downloaded the JAI A-7 and put them into Simobjects/airplanes. I opened the flight plan in AIFP, compiled it and voila the aircraft were in parking spots on the airfield around Parking 13 which is where I put C1A COD Miss America. Great so far...I just had a chance to sit down here and check out the ai;chanded the time to 08:00 PST which I assume is the 2) 0815-0830 in the flight plan and watched the minutes tick off. Problem, none of the aircraft moved at all even when the clock ticked to 0820. Any ideas? Ian I believe above said that he connected taxi links. I thought that I had but maybe not. Ian, hop in here.

Richard

ian elliot
April 11th, 2016, 10:03
Problem, none of the aircraft moved at all even when the clock ticked to 0820. Any ideas? Ian I believe above said that he connected taxi links. I thought that I had but maybe not. Ian, hop in here.[/COLOR]]

Hi, thats probably my mistake, as i live in the UK, and my FSX install is set to local time (GMT), for me the action starts a 9 in the morning, but it'll be more like 4 in the afternoon over there, i'll dig out the flight plans and amend,
As for taxi link's, i'll have a look at your latest version, i loaded up V2 and had to connect everything up myself including runway link's, for testing purpose, your ai will be visable but will just disappear when the time come's for them to move if the above are not all connected up.
hope this helps

ian elliot
April 11th, 2016, 10:16
Hi, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ive just had a look at V24, in ADEX, there are no runway links, black line's and many of the taxi links arent connected up, so for the time being your ai arent going anywhere,
A usefull tool in ADEX is the fault finder utillity, look on the top bar and select tool's, you'll find fault finder in there, its pretty good at pionting you in the right direction

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 10:21
In the meantime I found a FS9 traffic file that was blocking other AI traffic from appearing in one of my other sceneries.

But the alameda traffic was working last night, it doesn't now. When it did, I could see A7's all over the place.
So, it Version 24 broken therefore disregard the traffic file?

Hi, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ive just had a look at V24, in ADEX, there are no runway links, black line's and many of the taxi links arent connected up, so for the time being your ai arent going anywhere,
A usefull tool in ADEX is the fault finder utillity, look on the top bar and select tool's, you'll find fault finder in there, its pretty good at pionting you in the right direction

ian elliot
April 11th, 2016, 10:56
Have a go with this. This is an amended file for KNGZ, set to local time, you should have two A-7's moving at 09.00hrs

tgycgijoes
April 11th, 2016, 11:06

Thank you Ian, I will go and use the fault finder right now. This is probably the most complex airport and the only FSX I have done. The others were FS9 and simple one runway local airports. Appreciate ANY help.

Richard

navy81
April 11th, 2016, 11:09
Hi all,
Sorry to be so late to the dance here - great work being done.

I had been playing around with Alameda for some time starting back in 2015 - until my whole system crashed, and had to go through a rebuild. After getting that all sorted out, i kluged together the great work being done here by Richard, with some of the objects i had been using for my own use- specifically, the hangars that Jim Dhanens did for NAS Pensacola (Chevalier field portion, specifically) mimic the Alameda hangars (when sized up to 1.35-1.4). If given his permission to use, I will upload my ADE kluged creation, which fits the NCA landscape nicely. I specifically moved the old taxiways slightly, as well as the taxiways to 13/31 and 7/25 so they overlay the ORBX NCA background. I liked having the photo-real airfield landscape. A couple of screenshots attached.

Anyway, i didnt want to hijack the thread, but i did want to mention a couple of issues i am having, and also to mention that with SAMM, you can see i placed a few EKA-3B's (that lived at Alameda during the late 60's early 70's), and a couple of A-4E's (VA-155), awaiting to head out to Coral Sea, somewhere west of San Francsisco.... Unfortunately, with all of the objects in the Oakland-SFO area, having those in there really causes a hit to frames.

For whatever reason, i cannot seem to get rid of the dang Arleigh Burke DDG's, and the Tico Class CG over at the piers. Stumped completely on those.

Would be nice (i have tried so far and failed miserably) to make scenery bgls out of the MDL's from Gary's Oriskany, Lazarus's Coral Sea, and Womb Raider's Ranger which are available in the Warbirds library. I tried via bglcomp, Library creator XML and MDL converter, as well as adding the model directly (along with textures) in ADE - all to no avail.

Anyway, closing out this way too wordy thread, here are a few screenshots. Again, this works nicely really if you only have ORBX NCA.

Cheers,
Deke
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37024&stc=1
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37025&stc=1

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 11:26
Nice job Navy81,

I don't have ORBX so I guess this won't work for me.

Hi all,

I had been playing around with Alameda for some time starting back in 2015 - until my whole system crashed, and had to go through a rebuild. After getting that all sorted out, i kluged together the great work being done here by Richard, with some of the objects i had been using for my own use- specifically, the hangars that Jim Dhanens did for NAS Pensacola (Chevalier field portion, specifically) mimic the Alameda hangars (when sized up to 1.35-1.4). If given his permission to use, I will upload my ADE kluged creation, which fits the NCA landscape nicely. I specifically moved the old taxiways slightly, as well as the taxiways to 13/31 and 7/25 so they overlay the ORBX NCA background. I liked having the photo-real airfield landscape. A couple of screenshots attached.

Anyway, i didnt want to hijack the thread, but i did want to mention a couple of issues i am having, and also to mention that with SAMM, you can see i placed a few EKA-3B's (that lived at Alameda during the late 60's early 70's), and a couple of A-4E's (VA-155), awaiting to head out to Coral Sea, somewhere west of San Francsisco.... Unfortunately, with all of the objects in the Oakland-SFO area, having those in there really causes a hit to frames.

For whatever reason, i cannot seem to get rid of the dang Arleigh Burke DDG's, and the Tico Class CG over at the piers. Stumped completely on those.

Would be nice (i have tried so far and failed miserably) to make scenery bgls out of the MDL's from Gary's Oriskany, Lazarus's Coral Sea, and Womb Raider's Ranger which are available in the Warbirds library. I tried via bglcomp, Library creator XML and MDL converter, as well as adding the model directly (along with textures) in ADE - all to no avail.

Anyway, closing out this way too wordy thread, here are a few screenshots. Again, this works nicely really if you only have ORBX NCA.

Cheers,
Deke

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 11:36
Thanks for the amended traffic however i do not see any A7's around. Normally when I am at an airport that has active aircraft, I can use SDK's explorer and see what traffic plans are loaded, with
this one you just sent me, there is nothing to see visually and in SDK's explorer. SO, does it have anything to do with any faults in the scenery?

Have a go with this. This is an amended file for KNGZ, set to local time, you should have two A-7's moving at 09.00hrs

DaveB
April 11th, 2016, 11:44
You can get 'live' mdl's to act as scenery objects comparatively easy and without any need to convert to scenery.bgl's. If you have something like Instant Scenery or a library maker (IS comes with one).. open the library maker.. click on the + sign to add a model.. navigate to the ship you want to use then add it to a library. I saved this new library in Addon Scenery/Scenery. Then.. find the textures of 'said' model and drop them into Addon Scenery/Textures.
What I did next was open the sim.. go to where I wanted to add the ship.. open IS.. select the model from the new library.bgl I'd just made.. then added it to (in my case) a test.bgl. I then closed the sim.. started it again and went to where I'd put the ship. Wonder of wonders.. it was there:biggrin-new:

There are variations on a theme as to where you put the bgl's and textures. The example above is NOT the be all and end all.. I did it this way to see if it would work (though I'd no reason to believe it wouldn't). There IS a drawback of using full models though.. frame rates. If you're using them in an already heavily populated area.. you have to keep the numbers down or a slideshow is possible.

ATB
DaveB:)

ian elliot
April 11th, 2016, 11:55
Possably, ive just double check'd the above amended file and ive got A-7's, but whats strange is that you've seen A-7 before, even with the parking nodes unconnected, so im not sure whats changed, maybe im causing more problems than im solving, perhaps roll back to the traffic file that works and wait for the next update, and we'll take it from there. Have you try'd the file that Dave uploaded, maybe that works better.

cheers ian

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 11:59
I don't have all the AI's required to use Dave's traffic file. I can try to revert to an older version and see what happens.

Possably, ive just double check'd the above amended file and ive got A-7's, but whats strange is that you've seen A-7 before, even with the parking nodes unconnected, so im not sure whats changed, maybe im causing more problems than im solving, perhaps roll back to the traffic file that works and wait for the next update, and we'll take it from there. Have you try'd the file that Dave uploaded, maybe that works better.

cheers ian

ian elliot
April 11th, 2016, 12:02
Thats a plan, try an older version of KNGZ and see what happens.

Thaks Dave also, ive had instant for a couple of years and i didnt even know it had a library maker :banghead:

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 12:07
I reverted to V2.2 and sad to see no traffic around. Bummer.

Thats a plan, try an older version of KNGZ and see what happens.

Thaks Dave also, ive had instant for a couple of years and i didnt even know it had a library maker :banghead:

gray eagle
April 11th, 2016, 12:45
IAN,
I got the KNGZ-local time.zip AI to working. Did you say Two A7's. Have a look at this? I interpret this schedule as more then two A7s. :biggrin-new: These are all in sleep mode
Don't see two A-7's moving at 09.00hrs. Would you check to see if the contents of the last traffic file has two A7 cause as you can see I have many more then that.
I can sorta play around with the leg times in the schedule. This one looks as though they have an almost static (Sleep) schedule. I am back with the latest V24 for Alameda..

http://s28.postimg.org/b7h3xiaz1/Multi_A7s.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/wx7qlm8kl/local_time_schedule.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 11th, 2016, 17:26
Hey Ian and Butch,

I have been following you guys here. I have been trying to get ai traffic to work. I used the fault finder and believe that with the exception of the vehicle taxi paths I used for roads on the base (didn't know until a few hours ago about the vector roads. When I do V3.0 I will replace all those airport vehicle paths with road vectors. For now I'm just leaving them alone. I believe that using the fault finder that I have fixed all the aircraft taxi paths and connected the "orphans" and "opens". I also fixed the concrete and grass aprons. It says that FSX doesn't work with them overlapping but that never bothered it for the past 7 days. (???). Fixed them anyway. I also added four taxiways into the seaplane lagoon instead of aprons so that you can taxi into the lagoon with amphibians. All that is for V2.5 which is here to download from Dropbox. I've been using the airbase with no problems and I have had the A-7s (12) visible: 6 in the vicinity of Parking 13 and 6 in a row with Parking 10 by the Seaplane Apron.

The dilemma is, that I had some A-4 Skyhawk files that I wanted to use for AI traffic. I opened up the Aircraft file and added the Skyhawk as aircraft #2. Copied the title exactly. Changed the Flightplan 16:00 departures from Aircraft #1 to #2. Everything looked good; it compiled correctly; copied into Addon Scenery/scenery. Open up FSX and no aircraft AT ALL. Remove that .bgl and go back to your original and the A-7s are there again. Any thoughts?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktfbuip1vz3cjow/NAS%20Alameda%20V2.5.zip?dl=0

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktfbuip1vz3cjow/NAS%20Alameda%20V2.5.zip?dl=0)

tgycgijoes
April 11th, 2016, 17:35
Hi all,

Cheers,
Deke

Beautiful work. I don't have ORBX either, Butch but I like what it looks like.

Corvette99
April 11th, 2016, 19:42
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37038&stc=1

I seem to have extra buildings ! ??? ORBX NorCal causing this maybe ?

dhazelgrove
April 12th, 2016, 02:04
I'm still unable to open this BGL in ADE.
It just complains "Unable to decompile.....".

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 12th, 2016, 05:49
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37038&stc=1

I seem to have extra buildings ! ??? ORBX NorCal causing this maybe ?

It's more than likely. I was using Bluesky Scenery with the airport and had to remove it for that reason after I found an answer to that affect in the ADEX forum about scenery conflicts. I don't have ORBX except for BOB. That's why I intend to build scenery across the estuary over the FSX default to make this as good as I can before I consider it a "done deal".

tgycgijoes
April 12th, 2016, 05:57
I'm still unable to open this BGL in ADE.
It just complains "Unable to decompile.....".

Dave

What version of ADE are you using? I am using ADEX 1.61.5298 I got that version at the top of the ADEX screen after I open it. I know for a fact that Jon says in the readme with the new versions that you have to remove the previous version if you intend to install the new Version 1.65 which I have but am not ready to do yet. If you have a newer version perhaps that is the problem. I don't know for sure. I am learning more of ADEX everytime I open it or look for some answer on the internet or read something here from someone more experienced than I. I have seen answers to that dilemma at the ADEX Support Forum.

dhazelgrove
April 12th, 2016, 06:56
What version of ADE are you using? I am using ADEX 1.61.5298 I got that version at the top of the ADEX screen after I open it. I know for a fact that Jon says in the readme with the new versions that you have to remove the previous version if you intend to install the new Version 1.65 which I have but am not ready to do yet. If you have a newer version perhaps that is the problem. I don't know for sure. I am learning more of ADEX everytime I open it or look for some answer on the internet or read something here from someone more experienced than I. I have seen answers to that dilemma at the ADEX Support Forum.

I have:

Application 01.67.5684.29938
Engine 04.67.5684.29724

It's supposedly the latest version.

Dave

tgycgijoes
April 12th, 2016, 07:28
That may be why you can't open up MY bgl of the airport but I would ask over in the forum. That is more than I know. Just that when I downloaded version 1.65 it had all kinds of do's and don'ts and said that because of all the changes Jon had made, it was not gonna be an "automatic update" to previous versions. I did not realize that I did not have the latest version until I had done so much work on the airport.

Richard

PS Does anyone else have trouble opening up the bgl who has a later version than 1.61?

ian elliot
April 12th, 2016, 09:10
Hi, im on V1.61. 5286, and i can open up you file no problem, guess im staying away from any update's :jump:

gray eagle
April 12th, 2016, 10:04
I'm on Application 01.67.5684.29938 (ADE 1.65)
Engine 04.67.5684.29724

I can open your V2.5. :encouragement:

gray eagle
April 12th, 2016, 12:13
It's Showtime..... LT. Randy "Duke" Cunningham and his RIO, LT(JG) Willie Driscoll

http://s30.postimg.org/rxbkp15tt/showtime100.jpg

Onboard Connie at Alameda....On the boat err..road again..... Loved that Willie Nelson tune :biggrin-new: I know every time I started a West-Pac cruise that song came to mind
http://s22.postimg.org/3n3ahmqzl/on_connie.jpg

mikewmac
April 12th, 2016, 12:50
It's Showtime..... LT. Randy "Duke" Cunningham and his RIO, LT(JG) Willie Driscoll

Onboard Connie at Alameda....On the boat err..road again..... Loved that Willie Nelson tune :biggrin-new: I know every time I started a West-Pac cruise that song came to mind

:ernaehrung004:

Woogey
April 12th, 2016, 16:41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37056&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37057&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37058&stc=1

Hey guys, here's a little WIP action of my 1980's version. We will have custom Hangars, Working Seaplane Ramps, and Water Start locations for Driveable Ships. Still a long ways to go, I hope you enjoy!

-Woog

tgycgijoes
April 13th, 2016, 05:47
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37056&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37057&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37058&stc=1

Hey guys, here's a little WIP action of my 1980's version. We will have custom Hangars, Working Seaplane Ramps, and Water Start locations for Driveable Ships. Still a long ways to go, I hope you enjoy!

-Woog

Beautiful airport but will require owning ORBX NCA, correct?

Corvette99
April 13th, 2016, 06:24
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37088&stc=1

Just need to dial in a couple more flights and I'm done ! What do you think ? Great scenery sir !!!

Woogey
April 13th, 2016, 06:51
Beautiful airport but will require owning ORBX NCA, correct?

It is designed for use with the ORBX scenery yes. It won't absolutely require it though, It will work without. Down the line for version 2, This airport will come with it's own PR backround.

-Woog

expat
April 13th, 2016, 07:42
That does look good. Will it work out of the box with just FTX Global and Vector?

Woogey
April 13th, 2016, 08:23
That does look good. Will it work out of the box with just FTX Global and Vector?

It will, but does not include the Photo real at this time. That is included with the NorCal Region. I plan to add our own PR later.

-Woog

gray eagle
April 13th, 2016, 09:10
From just your one pic, it looks nice. I don't have/use Orbx and not sure how it would function without it.

I don't know if you have the tower beacon located in same location as Richard's version. We did some extensive research on this.
http://s16.postimg.org/7353piyxh/Alameda_tower.jpg

gray eagle
April 13th, 2016, 09:13
Are any of those AI's operational or static?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37088&stc=1

Just need to dial in a couple more flights and I'm done ! What do you think ? Great scenery sir !!!

tgycgijoes
April 13th, 2016, 12:30

The tower is on the correct hanger. Airport really looks nice. I flew out of my NAS Alameda in my C1A Miss America this afternoon to NAS North Island and had a great time. Picked up LAX Center and had control right down onto Runway 29 Visual. First time I have flown a full flight in a while with one thing or another and it was really great. Will look forward to seeing what Woog does with his KNGZ for everyone to use not just ORBX people. Keep up the great work. I look forward to more posts. I have a couple of pics from my afternoon flight below.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37099&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37100&stc=1

In the upper left corner is the Blue sky Scenery Moving Map (free) which will give you your aircraft superimposed onto a sectional chart of the area you are flying over. It also has the ability to show traffic. I had all kinds of traffic around when I got into the LAX area. You can also see the Squawkbox up in the upper right and my Xponder in the lower left since I was on VATSIM for the whole flight. Unicomm out of NAS Alameda since there is no VATSIM ATC for the airfield. I did incorporate a full comm suite and ILS into the airport in native FAX ATC.

Corvette99
April 13th, 2016, 13:12
All AI sir .

tgycgijoes
April 13th, 2016, 14:05
Does your airport belong to ORBX because it came with their scenery or did you use nothing but the AFCAD and everything else like hangers; bldgs; etc were done by you or free to share? Since mine was all default FSX scenery, we all had the same scenery and the USS Connie had permission to share as long as it was freeware without asking for his permission. I really like what you are doing and I don't want to have to buy ORBX to get all the scenery to use it.

gray eagle
April 13th, 2016, 15:12
+1 :engel016:

I don't want to have to buy ORBX to get all the scenery to use it.

Woogey
April 13th, 2016, 15:20
Does your airport belong to ORBX because it came with their scenery or did you use nothing but the AFCAD and everything else like hangers; bldgs; etc were done by you or free to share? Since mine was all default FSX scenery, we all had the same scenery and the USS Connie had permission to share as long as it was freeware without asking for his permission. I really like what you are doing and I don't want to have to buy ORBX to get all the scenery to use it.

The reason I say is meant to be used with ORBX, is because they have the best photo real background of any of the scenery that I have found. I was so impressed with it, that it actually inspired me to further detail out the airport. Nothing at the airport belongs to ORBX, The AFCAD is 100% my work. So far I am only using default FSX objects for the backround buildings. We are currently in the process of creating custom hangers, control tower building, and a few other objects that are directly adjacent to the flightline. My 3-D modeler just sent me the first hanger, and hardened seaplane ramps about 10 minutes ago. When I get home from work tonight, these will be placed into the sim, and tested. Ideally we will get our own Hi-Rez photo real backdrop attached and then the scenery Will be 100% functional in all the sims regardless of what other scenery you at have attached.

In in regards to the AI Conversation that has been going back-and-forth. I would just like to add that the difference between a scenery object static aircraft model, and a nonmoving AI is a very very important one. AI do not show in multiplayer, static scenery aircraft do. This is where SAMM comes in. You can make a scenery library from the same AI models, then place them using your favorite Scenery program. This technique will allow you to have matching AI and statics. In single player, you won't be able tell difference. In multiplayer, you won't have An empty airbase. The last important factor in using this technique, is to make sure that your AI don't taxi through a parked aircraft. The way you do this is to create a path in ADE X that matches your parking scheme but does not include a parking spot. You then change the link type to closed.

-Woog

Woogey
April 13th, 2016, 15:29
PS, I understand what you guys are saying about buying ORBX, but you guys do not know what you're missing out on. Their Norcal scenery is transformational. Not to mention it gives you the ability to then add their wonderful airports. I don't think there is another scenery company that comes anywhere close to what ORBX gives you as far as a complete package. I highly recommend NorCal, and SoCal.

-Woog

tgycgijoes
April 13th, 2016, 17:15
There is no argument that ORBX is absolutely the best in scenery its not just about the money, but I have an 8 year old computer that just about runs what all I have. I was not able to fly multiplayer with the 91st BG like I would have liked because of this. The program quits when it is overloaded. Maybe sometime in the future I can buy a new one but its not happening anytime soon so that is why I have to use what I've got.

It is really great that you have a 3-d modeler helper and we all look forward to your sharing the new NAS Alameda as soon as it is completed. I was going to try and make the gatehouse for Gate One in Sketchup and add it. If you would like to wait and see what I come with and tackle the harder stuff, you guys who have a lot more experience. I will be glad to pack it up and share it if I can pull it off. Keep up your good work. I love seeing all of us working and sharing together. That is what this hobby is supposed to be about.

Richard

Woogey
April 13th, 2016, 17:27
Heck yeah Richard!

I don't feel like we're competing here really. Basically we are making similar sceneries for different purposes and hardware like you say. It also seems like your version will be optimized for World War II through the early 70s. Once we have all of our objects done it would be cool to collaborate and utilize common pieces for both eras. In fact I think the only way to really reproduce a World War II version, Would be to ditch the photo real. You keep up the good work as well!

Sincerely, Preston

tgycgijoes
April 13th, 2016, 18:39
Hey Preston,

I never felt we WERE in competition either, but parallel paths. I was originally going to do a WWII airbase, but changed my mind when it seemed that all the enthusiasm was for 1960-1990 and that is the one I set out to do. I am going to continue with it and change the default scenery across the estuary like I said with concrete, asphalt and warehouses to match the Google photo BW that I took. I noticed that ORBX has the scenery as it now appears which is the concrete container parks and container ships as the current photo shows which I believe is what they wanted to do, a closed Naval Airbase just like FSX did.

I plan on continuing this not at as feverish a pace as I did but a little slower and amend it as I find "new evidence" like tonight some new photos from new sources (USMC). Also got beautiful closeup photos of the two (2) aircraft an A-4 VMA and an A-7 VA with all their markings which I will duplicate exactly and place instead of the generic aircraft I have now at Gate One. I also found out that there are 2 other gates and will keep researching where they were located. I think my first chore will be to replace all the vehicle taxiways with vector roads and parking on the Navy base portion of the scenery. I understand that if I do it correctly, there will be traffic moving on them.

Well there's my plan of attack for the next couple of weeks posting as I go here as I trust you will be doing too. Looking forward to your additions. When we are both as far as we want to go, I think to collaborate and mesh them together into the airbase as it was in its heyday of 1970-1990 jointly would be of the most benefit to all involved simmers. I feel that the greatest thing about this project is every one of you guys that I have met and corresponded with through this thread. WOW!!! Who knew when it started that it would be 8 pages long and still going.:applause:

Also sincerely,

Richard

Woogey
April 13th, 2016, 20:26
Hey Richard,

Another tool I am using which I highly recommend is "Instant Scenery 3." It will allow you to use any library object from any scenery you have installed, and place them real time in the sim. You can scale the object up and down, rotate it, move it in elevation. It is very nice. Also, I'm not sure if you caught this, but if you have FSX running while you have ADE X open, the two programs link together, and give you a visual cross hair that is the exact same position in sim, as in the ADE Window. This becomes useful when lining your scenery with photo real to get your positioning of objects and Aprons exact.

-Woog

tgycgijoes
April 14th, 2016, 05:07
I am not sure if Instant Scenery 3 was the program I tried and did not like or not. I had a trial version. I will look again though just in case I am mistaken. I do use the FSX on with ADE. Thank you for the tips.

R

tgycgijoes
April 14th, 2016, 06:03
I am not sure if Instant Scenery 3 was the program I tried and did not like or not. I had a trial version. I will look again though just in case I am mistaken. I do use the FSX on with ADE. Thank you for the tips.

R I don't know what's going on but I only got it to work once and it is the program that I really didn't care for. This may not be the thread for IS3 problems. When I start it or when I slew MY FSX it goes insane spinning the screen at MACH 2 until the airplane crashes. Once Y is pressed it can't be stopped. I was able to add a house next to the airfield with IS3 the first time i opened it but I went to Top Down and then the problems started. It might be alright if it worked for me. It reminds me of Rwy12, works the same way but Rwy12 is only for FS9 I believe. Unless I can figure out why, its going to be uninstalled and not purchased. Thanks for the tip though. Not your fault my FSX goes crazy. I'm not going to uninstall it for just IS3.

R

ian elliot
April 14th, 2016, 09:21
I'd just like to add that IS is an essential tool for me, i love using it and all my object placement is done using it, im not sure why its behaving that way for you. Sometimes when im using slew, that'll happen if i use the arrows on the keyboard but with the joystick, i have complete control, It may also be something that happens with the trial version after a while, maybe.

cheers ian

tgycgijoes
April 14th, 2016, 12:43
I think it is my FSX but as I said, its not worth my re-installing it unless it really starts to misbehave with all the addon scenery etc. I would think that Flight One would want a trial to be totally bug-free if you want to sell someone something but that's just the salesman background in me. Thanks for all your help here and in flightsim.

R

Woogey
April 14th, 2016, 23:45
From just your one pic, it looks nice. I don't have/use Orbx and not sure how it would function without it.

I don't know if you have the tower beacon located in same location as Richard's version. We did some extensive research on this.
http://s16.postimg.org/7353piyxh/Alameda_tower.jpg

Can I add to your extensive research on the Beacon a little Bit? I believe you guys are close location wise, however I think you have it on the wrong hangar. In the Pic above you have it attached to Hangar 22, when in fact it should be on Hangar 23. I might be wrong, but I am almost positive that's what used to be at the top of this tower.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37144&stc=1

gray eagle
April 15th, 2016, 04:19
Richard:

Based on this photo, do you want to move the beacon?

Can I add to your extensive research on the Beacon a little Bit? I believe you guys are close location wise, however I think you have it on the wrong hangar. In the Pic above you have it attached to Hangar 22, when in fact it should be on Hangar 23. I might be wrong, but I am almost positive that's what used to be at the top of this tower.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37144&stc=1

tgycgijoes
April 15th, 2016, 06:01
Richard:

Based on this photo, do you want to move the beacon?

Beautiful photo. You are correct in that the beacon is on Hanger 23. Thought that I had it on Hanger 23. Please move it, compile it and make a new bgl pair and share it for us all to download and install. Can you do that? Otherwise, if I have to do it, then please point out which is Hanger 23 in the row of 4 and I will move it, save it, compile it and share it here for us.

Thank you,

Richard

Woogey
April 15th, 2016, 07:18
Good day gentlemen,

Hangar 23 is the fourth hangar down the line. The northernmost Hangar closest to the shipping terminal, is hangar 20. Then moving south towards the seaplane lagoon you get 21, 22, 23. I don't have time to do the beacon swap this weekend. I promised the guys at SimWorks Studios I would finish my Robin Olds F-4C "Scat" paint by this Sunday. Also, it is supposed to be pushing 80 degrees here in Seattle this weekend. I'd like to get out into the yard, get some family time in. Too many projects that enough time!

Sincerely, Preston

gray eagle
April 15th, 2016, 07:53
Want to get Okay as to the location of beacon I moved. If it looks like where it belongs and show in picture, I will upload changes. First time I ever messed with ADEX and made a mode like this.
Does placement on hanger look good enough?

http://s9.postimg.org/4vhuphyj3/beacon.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 15th, 2016, 07:55
Good day gentlemen,

Hangar 23 is the fourth hangar down the line. The northernmost Hangar closest to the shipping terminal, is hangar 20. Then moving south towards the seaplane lagoon you get 21, 22, 23. I don't have time to do the beacon swap this weekend. I promised the guys at SimWorks Studios I would finish my Robin Olds F-4C "Scat" paint by this Sunday. Also, it is supposed to be pushing 80 degrees here in Seattle this weekend. I'd like to get out into the yard, get some family time in. Too many projects that enough time!

Sincerely, Preston

I have about 2 inches of printouts and reports that I have used to build the air station and when Butch found the photos of the tower we thought that it was on Hanger 22 but obviously your photo shows that it is actually on Hanger 23. I found my labeled photo from the Navy that shows those 4 hangers labeled, too. I will make the move and upload the correction to here in just a little bit so that it is correct. Thank you for the photo and taking the time. I hope that the weatherman is right and that you get all you want done. Sunshine in Seattle? A rarity? LOL.

Richard

tgycgijoes
April 15th, 2016, 08:05
Want to get Okay as to the location of beacon I moved. If it looks like where it belongs and show in picture, I will upload changes. First time I ever messed with ADEX and made a mode like this.
Does placement on hanger look good enough?

You must have been doing this while I was typing to Woogey. By all means upload a download link for it, the change looks good. I remember when you sent me the photos of the tower and the hanger, can't find now where I had that snip of a line dwg that showed the location of the beacon next to Hanger 22 but obviously Woogey's photo shows where it belongs, where you now have it. Upload it and we can all download and update our air station later. I replaced all the vehicle taxiways that I used for roads with vector roads yesterday and also connected all the orphan taxiways and conflicts. I will move the tower to the correct hanger and replace the beacon and continue working on Version 3.0. It may be up by next week with the Naval Supply Depot and other warehouses across the estuary. Intend to add the breakwater into the San Francisco Bay as well. Let's all keep having fun. TTYL

Richard

gray eagle
April 15th, 2016, 08:38
Here is the link to fix the beacon move to hanger 23. I named it so as to distinguished it from other current kngz scenery files in your scenery folder. If you want to rename it to KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_5.BGL or change name of KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_5.BGL to KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_5.BAK. Your call.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja7t659mctc72pk/KNGZ_ADEX_ADE_V2_5Fix.bgl

Hope it works out for y'all.

Butch

gray eagle
April 15th, 2016, 08:51
With TTools, I understand that these three files are required, but how to populate the contents of each is what I don't understand. I know in AIFP, I can generate a FP and aircraft etc. to come up with
an AI aircraft and flightplan.

Butch,

Good luck,

dhazelgrove
April 15th, 2016, 09:07
With TTools, I understand that these three files are required, but how to populate the contents of each is what I don't understand. I know in AIFP, I can generate a FP and aircraft etc. to come up with
an AI aircraft and flightplan.

I'll continue this in another thread, to save on such hijacks.

Dave

Woogey
April 15th, 2016, 09:22
I'll start a new thread for this, to save on such hijacks.

Dave

As its directly related to AI, you can piggyback on my thread over at MAIW forums if you want. My thread is titled "NAS Alameda and the Big E" and is Located in the Developers section. Here this is probably easier: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forums/18/16139

-Preston

tgycgijoes
April 15th, 2016, 09:49
Here is the link to fix the beacon move to hanger 23. I named it so as to distinguished it from other current kngz scenery files in your scenery folder. If you want to rename it to KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_5.BGL or change name of KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_5.BGL to KNGZ_ADEX_RRL_V2_5.BAK. Your call.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja7t659mctc72pk/KNGZ_ADEX_ADE_V2_5Fix.bgl

Hope it works out for y'all.

Butch

Thanks, Butch. I took a stroll around the base (ORBX BOB) this morning. It is really a lot of fun walking past the buildings and walking on the side of the new roads. Also started working across the Estuary on the Naval Supply Center and piers. Catcha Lata.

Richard

napamule
April 15th, 2016, 21:23
I like to use Alameda. No AI, no ATC. Here is the view I get from there. I could camp there for a week and no one would notice. Maybe?
Chuck B
Napamule

DaveB
April 16th, 2016, 00:03
Lovely shot Chuck:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

gray eagle
April 16th, 2016, 04:38
Looks like the location of the beacon in the scenery is not far from what is indicated (red circle) on diagram. Star= beacon

http://s21.postimg.org/yi7nzr6ev/Alameda_NAS_KNGZ_Diagram.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 16th, 2016, 06:07
I like to use Alameda. No AI, no ATC. Here is the view I get from there. I could camp there for a week and no one would notice. Maybe?
Chuck B
Napamule

Really beautiful screenshot. I am in the process of properly texturizing and placing scenery across the Oakland estuary so that it too will be accurate and beautiful as it was when the air station was open. Thank you for visiting our thread.

Richard

tgycgijoes
April 16th, 2016, 11:08
Looks like the location of the beacon in the scenery is not far from what is indicated (red circle) on diagram. Star= beacon

Hey Butch,

Can you send me that pdf of the airport diagram please?

Richard

tgycgijoes
April 16th, 2016, 11:15

Just got the Diagram and TACAN chart from Woogey's MAIW thread. Thanks Woogey.

Richard

napamule
April 16th, 2016, 15:28
Thanks DaveB and Richard for the compliments. If you right click on my pic you can choose to set as background (ie: desktop) directly from here. I have it as MY desktop background. I had been to Alameda for years. This day of test flying I took a break (2 hour nap-hehe) and came back to see the sun low with SF skyline and Oakland Bay Bridge in silouette. Just HAD to capture the scene (before it changes to 6 story apartments and Strip Malls).
Chuck B
Napamule

tgycgijoes
April 16th, 2016, 20:06
I had trouble with FSX for quite a while today but finally got to fly. The COD was giving me trouble (gotta work on it tomorrow) so I flew my DC-3 from Alameda to Fresno where the others of my family live. If I had thought of linking to Google Earth I coulda seen their house as I came in at 29L. It was really great with all the ATC on VATSIM. I flew VFR, beautiful weather this afternoon, and checked in with Oakland Center requesting flight following. Then handed off to Norcal Approach who kept me up to date with altimeter settings and finally handed off to Fresno Approach, called it in downwind midfield, clearance to land and a nice smooth touchdown. 59 minutes in the air off the blocks to on the blocks with the tail wind.

Gonna update my logbook now and say goodnight. I will continue across the estuary tomorrow afternoon starting to place the warehouses for the Navy Supply Center on the point. I replaced the old runways that I had plotted with taxiways that never wanted to work for me with concrete aprons and all the vehicle paths with vector roads. I downloaded traffic signs/lights and gonna see how I can place them where they are supposed to go from what photos of the base I was able to get. BTW, Preston, do you have any real good pdf's of the airport chart and TACAN approach or are they from jpgs. Would like to add them into the downloads folders for everyone since it seems National Archives can't be bothered to reply to my two requests for the airport charts from them (They DO have them). See ya all tomorrow.

Richard

gray eagle
April 18th, 2016, 17:04
This needed a bump and also I tried my hand at creating AI aircraft. Hope you like 'em.

http://s19.postimg.org/qo8f7cf2b/ALameda.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/t6u4810sj/Alameda1.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/4eui0sjlv/Alameda3.jpg

gray eagle
April 18th, 2016, 17:35
Richard,
Any plans on helo landing pad(s)? I would think Alameda had them.

Me in my Hookey Took.....

http://s20.postimg.org/6krwhx7i5/Alameda4.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/69ag55r25/Alameda5.jpg

http://s20.postimg.org/8rw55ucsd/Alameda6.jpg

tgycgijoes
April 18th, 2016, 17:38
I downloaded a great tutorial from RTMM for ai water traffic. After about a couple hours of why don't its... I managed to get the USS CIMERRON, AO-177 to shop up where it belonged. Heads up: Delete all FS9 AI traffic files from your world scenery and Addon scenery and put the textures into the Scenery/World/Texture. The 3 files were compiled in the AI Boat Traffic Compiler. I just downloaded the CCP over at FSX@War and will play with that tomorrow. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37254&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37255&stc=1

tgycgijoes
April 18th, 2016, 20:23
According to info I located, there were 2 helo pads on the base somewhere. I think that I have located on Google Earth where they were. Here are photos of the two helo pads where I intend to locate them in V3.0 and also the 2 compass calibration circles. LMK if that looks logical to you. Always welcome input from anybody who served at Alameda who has a better idea of the locations of these.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37256&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37257&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37258&stc=1

Woogey
April 18th, 2016, 20:41
According to info I located, there were 2 helo pads on the base somewhere. I think that I have located on Google Earth where they were. Here are photos of the two helo pads where I intend to locate them in V3.0 and also the 2 compass calibration circles. LMK if that looks logical to you. Always welcome input from anybody who served at Alameda who has a better idea of the locations of these.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37256&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37257&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37258&stc=1

Your second picture is correct on the Helo pad. The rest are not though. There were actually 6 Helo pads. Check my attachment. They are marked with an "H". The two most commonly used though we're at the West end of taxiway F, and the west end of taxiway H.

Woogey
April 18th, 2016, 20:52
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37260&stc=1

This is an early version of my Taxiway H Pad, it has been refined a bit since this photo was taken last week.

-Woog

tgycgijoes
April 19th, 2016, 05:45
Hey Woog,

Thanks for that. I haven't put anything down yet and will follow that info. Appreciate the pics as well. I haven't seen those markings in the stock helo pads so I will probably have to put blank ones and mark with poly artwork. Good timing on the reply.

UPDATE: After much research this A.M. online, the Navy USMC show the standard VFR helipad marking is the H in a Square at NAS's and is 60 ft x 60 ft according to construction docs. Not saying you're wrong. I tried to enlarge all the prior 1993 photos but could not see any of them clearly and 2015's Google Earth is two obliterated to see what they were anymore.

R

tgycgijoes
April 19th, 2016, 06:56
After the above post, I did a Google search for USN/USMC Helicopter Pad Markings and "lo and behold" I came across this DOD Directive released as AFMAN 32-1123 which has everything we ever wanted to know about 1999 and I am sure our period DOD airfields and heliports and a whole lot more. For Woogey, gray eagle, me and all the rest following this thread, here it is for your library. Dropbox link below, it was too large for the forum upload of a PDF.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1i3y8zwmty2lke/afman32-1123.pdf?dl=0

Once I place the 6 helopads where they are shown on the Airport Diagram...(I have been using this to fly, why didn't I consult it...DUH!!! LOL) I am going to revise the parking according to the directive (which is I am sure how it was laid out) in Version 3.0 of my NAS Alameda before I considered it a finished, usable download.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho its off to ADE I go! All 6 helipads are now on V3.0 as are some of the warehouses and all the railroad spurs.

R

Woogey
April 19th, 2016, 16:50
Yeah the way I have marked this is from some photos I had found, can't remember where. Might have been Google Earth actually, when I used the time tool to wind back the clock. Basically, they had this pad marked up for practice approaches to Navy Frigates and Destroyers. The Helo equivalent of a FCLP.

-Woog

tgycgijoes
April 20th, 2016, 05:39
Yeah the way I have marked this is from some photos I had found, can't remember where. Might have been Google Earth actually, when I used the time tool to wind back the clock. Basically, they had this pad marked up for practice approaches to Navy Frigates and Destroyers. The Helo equivalent of a FCLP.

-Woog

How did you do that??? I need to learn some design software to custom make the pad as scenery. I also want to custom design the gatehouse and a few other buldings but that is in the future. thanks for the help.
I could'nt see markings on Google, will look again. I have placed all 6 pads where they are supposed to be from the airport diagram but all "H" standards for now.

Crusader
April 20th, 2016, 08:01
Really looking forward to this latest version . I love to fly around the bay (in FSX SE) . I do have FTX Global and Vector running and NAS Alameda was a favorite spot to do a few T & G's especially late evening .

Rich

tgycgijoes
April 20th, 2016, 08:34
Really looking forward to this latest version . I love to fly around the bay (in FSX SE) . I do have FTX Global and Vector running and NAS Alameda was a favorite spot to do a few T & G's especially late evening .

Rich

Thank you for taking the time to comment here. When I started working on this back in March there were only a couple guys (who have been my faithful few throughout) who said that they would be interested, but to see how many downloads and especially how many visits (over 6500) is just overwhelming. I have gotten so much here and from FSDevelopers, AVSIM, Flightsim, FS2000 and Simviation not to mention Blue Sky Scenery that to be able to give back to the community is what really makes all the late hours so worth while.

When I was much younger I loved to build plastic airplane models (really put together, painted and decalled-not snap kits) and I still have the books I had for reference and a lot more accumulated over the years. Now I do my creative work in FSX repainting and now scenery (just a novice there but learning as I go) creation. I am finishing redoing the parking and it will be posted probably Friday. Watch here for the link. :wavey:

Woogey
April 20th, 2016, 09:07
How did you do that??? I need to learn some design software to custom make the pad as scenery. I also want to custom design the gatehouse and a few other buldings but that is in the future. thanks for the help.
I could'nt see markings on Google, will look again. I have placed all 6 pads where they are supposed to be from the airport diagram but all "H" standards for now.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37294&stc=1

Hey Richard, while in Google Earth, if you click the button that looks like a clock with a green arrow pointing counter clockwise, it will bring up the time slider. Then you just scroll through the imagery they have until you find the clearest available.

-Preston

tgycgijoes
April 20th, 2016, 09:16
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37294&stc=1

Hey Richard, while in Google Earth, if you click the button that looks like a clock with a green arrow pointing counter clockwise, it will bring up the time slider. Then you just scroll through the imagery they have until you find the clearest available.

-Preston

Thanks for this. I know of the "clock" and have been using the 1993 photo though it is B/W. This must be the 2003 photo that I also saw but the air station was already deteriorating so I didn't stay there. How did you create the pad in your air station? I think that this looks like Helo Pad #4 on the Airport chart to me what do you think?

Richard

tgycgijoes
April 20th, 2016, 10:18
Here is the link to the Scruffyduck website link for the latest manual for Airport Design Editor (not included in the software) in pdf. I thought it was available there

http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

Woogey
April 21st, 2016, 10:33
Hey Guys, just wanted to post a couple of shots of My ORBX version.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37316&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37317&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37318&stc=1

tgycgijoes
April 21st, 2016, 11:45

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37316&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37317&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37318&stc=1

Its lookin good!

gray eagle
April 21st, 2016, 12:03
Does it come with AI traffic?

Its lookin good!

Woogey
April 21st, 2016, 12:14
Does it come with AI traffic?

Oh Yeah! Our version is set in the Early to mid 1980's time period. I have done custom Liveries for VMA-133, VA-303, VA-304, and VR-55. In addition, there are a lot of Transient aircraft, and fresh out of the Depot jets undergoing return to service flight test. The Hangars you see in these screen shots are only places holders. The Photo real is part of the ORBX FTX NorCal package. I will take a couple of screenshots with out the ORBX to show what it will look like then. Standby.

-Woog

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37329&stc=1

gray eagle
April 21st, 2016, 12:58
That is cool that it includes AI traffic. I am a bit of a noob on AIFP, having said that, I noticed that I can change the association of a flight plan to a different AI aircraft.
I have SDK installed and in the tools drop down in FSX, there is a box called explorer, from there I can actually change any of the scheduled aircraft and do a fly now if I pull up
a flight plan that originates at that airport, I will say pushback and I can see it moving back and then taxi out for eventual takeoff.

Oh Yeah! Our version is set in the Early to mid 1980's time period. I have done custom Liveries for VMA-133, VA-303, VA-304, and VR-55. In addition, there are a lot of Transient aircraft, and fresh out of the Depot jets undergoing return to service flight test. The Hangars you see in these screen shots are only places holders. The Photo real is part of the ORBX FTX NorCal package. I will take a couple of screenshots with out the ORBX to show what it will look like then. Standby.

-Woog

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37329&stc=1

gray eagle
April 21st, 2016, 13:00
So Richard, are you going to abandon your project for the ORBX version? Had to ask :adoration:

Its lookin good!

gray eagle
April 21st, 2016, 13:04
My hope is that it will work okay without ORBX. Fingers crossed. :engel016:

Woogey
April 21st, 2016, 13:42
My hope is that it will work okay without ORBX. Fingers crossed. :engel016:

Well I wouldn't abandon Richards version if you don't have the full ORBX NorCal region! Richard has done a lot more Poly work than I, and it shows in the quality of his version when you take away the Photoscenery. Here are a couple more screenshots. One is bare bones, the other with Bluesky.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37333&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37334&stc=1

I still have plenty of work to do. The key for me, will be to include my own photo real backround, this way it will become fully independent of ORBX.

-Woog

gray eagle
April 21st, 2016, 16:08
Richard,

In attached pic, I have several A7 AI's made by IAN and they show in the scenery however, when I program them to take off they push back then disappear, poof :dizzy:

Could it be that from where the parking spots are that the taxi lines are broken up and not complete? I did some research about AI aircraft disappearing when they are programmed to leave
and then disappear and one comment I saw was something about the taxi ways (lines) or paths out of the chute and to the runway maybe broken thus no continuity to the runway.

http://s31.postimg.org/h1k2j7nzv/taxi.jpg

Here is the link to the Scruffyduck website link for the latest manual for Airport Design Editor (not included in the software) in pdf. I thought it was available there

http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

tgycgijoes
April 21st, 2016, 20:07
I believe that Ian said that in my 2.X versions I had broken links and told me about Fault Finder which I have been using since. I now have V3.0 almost ready to upload. I downloaded a lot of DOD Airport design docs and tomorrow will add to the parking spots. Right now 3.0 has NO broken links at all. When I add new parking, I will be sure that all the links are connected. I spent a lot of today trying to add that brown rectangle with the Landing Area on it. I created it in Xara and then exported it to a bmp. Then imported it into Sketchup; exported as a .dae (Collada) file. Imported it into MDLX and created an FSX BGL. All is good? Nyet!! I was able to import it as a library object and add it in ADE but though it is in the ADE file and even compiles with no errors, when I open FSX its not there. Any clues from anyone who knows more than I do about this? If I can't get any help then I am going with 6 helipads "H"'s and I'm done with it. I will try Ian's AI A-7s and see if they taxi like they're supposed to. I like the AO-177 moving, will be trying a plan for Kittyhawk created on Google Earth like the Cimarron was. According to RTTM its a lot of trial and error to get it exactly at the pier, but if you want it to back up then at the end of the compile, it should say "ferry". BTW Woogey, you really have done a beautiful job with yours. I like mine too. I will probably try and figure out how to get the railroads across the estuary with trains on them if its possible to do. The ADE vectors don't work for me for either roads or railroads. Very disappointing since I spent a lot of time plotting them from Google Earth 1993. Its now "midwatch" here so I'm gonna "hit the rack". TTYL ya'all.:encouragement:

Richard

ejoiner
April 21st, 2016, 20:25

Holy smokes!! I have ORBX Norcal. Where can I get this scenery is this a payware addon for Orbx or is this a freebie addon?

This looks great.

Woogey
April 21st, 2016, 20:36
Hey Ejoiner,
This is will be Freeware. It is still a WIP though. Working on it everyday! Stay tuned.

-Woog