PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Texan Driver comms

teeboy
March 27th, 2016, 03:06
Have just brought this out of hibernation and am struggling with selecting Comm2. While I can set a frequency in the UFCP, there does not seem to be a way to select Comm1 or Comm2 using any button in the VC, it stays on Comm1. Any ideas as I seem to remember quite a few of the Outhouse members had this gem? The supplied manual states there is a switch on the power lever, but I cant find it or set one up.

And I would ask on the IRIS forums, but they are down to be worked on and er, slow in any case...

fsafranek
March 27th, 2016, 08:14
Make sure Com 2 is activated in the [Radios] section of the aircraft.cfg file?
:ernaehrung004:

teeboy
March 27th, 2016, 09:57
Thanks Frank, but it would appear that it has a comm1 and 2 (2 has no standby). Playing around with the selection buttons on the ICS station in front of the stick can get me a nice echo at times (if like both comm are tuned to same station frequency) but having no joy switching from one to the other. Bloody annoying having the facility to set the frequencies but having to use just one all the time.. The systems folder has an xml for comms and it looks like it uses a local variable to select 1 or 2, but no idea how you set the damn thing.

Other than that its a pretty good product.