PDA

View Full Version : KM PB4Y Privateer Question

Devildog73
March 24th, 2016, 19:40
Anyone else had a problem with it CTD when you attempt to press any buttons in the cockpit?

It flies really nice and drops bombs really well.

I just can't do anything other than fly it.

If I attempt to engage AP or look around it CTDs every time.
I suppose for BPF it is fine, because it is an AI search plane in need of fighter assistance from BPF.
No missions other than that for BPF purposes.

I'd still like to fly it over distance from one Allied base to another just for grins and giggles.

Allen
March 24th, 2016, 19:48
Don't have it and have no idea why gauges would cause a CTD...

dvslats
March 25th, 2016, 02:15
Hi Devildog73,

The AF Scrub PB4Y Privateer gauges folder has several incompatible gauges in CFS2.
For starters, the Sperry mkIII is a no go.
Anything "GPS", and "CAB Files" is a problem also.

To be honest the whole panel needs to be redone in order for it to be stable for our sim.

Dave

Allen
March 25th, 2016, 17:17
dvslats

What happen to the GPS gauges?

misson
March 25th, 2016, 18:21
I have the same problem even with stock planes!(ctd), for me , is a vista problem. But i dont like to use 2d panels, i use VC view, then , i can live with that.

dvslats
March 26th, 2016, 01:52
dvslats

What happen to the GPS gauges?

I should have typed GPS Cab. CFS2 doesn't use them so they're deleted before flight.
If this is the Privateer DD73 is referring to, its on my HDD, but not loaded in the sim. So I just looked through the files in the zip.

The panel cfg shows not all are being used so I'll load 'er up and give it an honest trouble shoot.

Rami
March 26th, 2016, 02:22
Good morning,

Are you sure this isn't a Windows 7 panel issue?

bearcat241
March 26th, 2016, 03:30
...If I attempt to engage AP or look around it CTDs every time...

My thoughts exactly Rami. This doesn't sound like a gauge problem, even though CFS2 doesn't load FS cab gauges.

The best way to test is to take any default blank panel from one of the vintage Alphasim models and sub it into the PB4Y. All Alphasim models were originally uploaded to public with blank panels before Alphasim began releasing exclusive panels for each model. If the pan viewing stops CTD with this blank, then you know its a Win7 problem with 800 and 1024 window bmps.

Allen
March 26th, 2016, 07:04
My thoughts exactly Rami. This doesn't sound like a gauge problem, even though CFS2 doesn't load FS cab gauges.

The best way to test is to take any default blank panel from one of the vintage Alphasim models and sub it into the PB4Y. All Alphasim models were originally uploaded to public with blank panels before Alphasim began releasing exclusive panels for each model. If the pan viewing stops CTD with this blank, then you know its a Win7 problem with 800 and 1024 window bmps.

You can't use a solo 1024x786 panel with Win7. CFS2 will lock up on once the aircraft is loaded (Once you see the 2d panel). You can fix this by removing the render_3d_window=1 from the panel.cfg. solo 800x600 seem to work just fine on my Win7.

Devildog73
March 26th, 2016, 09:14
I'm using Windows 10 X 64 bit, not Windows 7.

Which gives me a thought: I still have my old computer working in XP and Windows 7.
I may install it in each and see what I get.

I suppose I could just put a B-24 panel in it and see if it works.