PDA

View Full Version : B-25j mkiii

mustang51
February 3rd, 2009, 12:38
While looking for other aircraft I came across this B-25J by RCS Panels, I'm sure this is old news for most of you, but I downloaded it and just installed it. It is a very very nice aircraft. Everything about it is just great and it is an old design. The file is, I think, rcsb25k4v2, can't remember if I found it here or not. Guess there are no repaints, but the version they have is just fine. Have they done any other aircraft?
Bob

mustang51
February 3rd, 2009, 12:44
Couple of pictures of it.

EMatheson
February 3rd, 2009, 12:48
There is an FSX version out that works flawlessly in FS2004.
But if you want serious Mitchellage, go to MAAM for the best!
(being a troll, perhaps, but as a BTBT member, I feel duty bound advertise!)

OBIO
February 3rd, 2009, 13:12
THe RCS B-25 is a nice model...but the stipulation that NO REPAINTS are permitted to be uploaded is a real killer. There are versions for CFS2 and FS2004, and I have checked out the CFS2 version...but the NO REPAINTS clause kills the plane for me....I deleted the plane from my collection and will not re-add it unless/until the policy on posting repaints is changed.

OBIO

Motormouse
February 3rd, 2009, 13:40
This might be raking over old coals,but IIRC this is (almost) the same 3d model as the MAAM-sim one, I think Roy Chaffin (RCS) was a development member of the team but after a difference of opinions left the team taking his panel designs along too. The 'no repaints' clause is to do with the original copyright on the model.

It was all very messy at the time and nearly caused the cancellation of 2 now considered 'classics'
namely the MAAM-sim R4-d and B-25 which were both in development at the same time,
a 'google' will get you both sides of the story,from various sources

ttfn

Pete

stansdds
February 3rd, 2009, 15:35
I think Motormouse pretty well covered it. I started with the RCS Mitchell, but at the time it did not have a VC, so I dumped it in favor of the MAAM version. I may revisit the RCS Mitchell for FSX, but the repaint thing does limit its appeal. It might boil down to which one works better in FSX, the RCS or the MAAM.

GT182
February 3rd, 2009, 18:36
Pete is correct, and I met Roy at MAAM the year before they split up. Very nice chap and it's a shame we don't see him at MAAM anymore.

OBIO
February 3rd, 2009, 21:21
There is an FSX version out that works flawlessly in FS2004.
But if you want serious Mitchellage, go to MAAM for the best!
(being a troll, perhaps, but as a BTBT member, I feel duty bound advertise!)

The FSX version of the RCS B-25 works in FS2004? Or are you referring to a different FSX B-25 that works in FS2004?

OBIO

strega13
February 3rd, 2009, 21:40
this is a beautiful B-25 and one of the very best freeware warbird ever made IMO

Tom Clayton
February 3rd, 2009, 21:45
I prefer to keep the "bad blood" discussion to a minimum. There's more detail to be gained in this FSX thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=9821) on a newer release.

I've downloaded the installer and will try to get some testing tomorrow to see how she fares in FS9.

Edit: The installer I have is the FSX version. I didn't spot that this thread referred to an aloder version at first. For what it's worth, the FSX version, run to a temp folder then manually installed, works in FS9. But there's something in the gauges that seems to lock up the sim for a few seconds every 2-3 minutes.