PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Help Please

Oliver
March 22nd, 2016, 02:30
I have just downloaded and installed CFS2. Installed fine and ran well with good graphics.
Since looking at the scenery files I now have no ground or sea texture just plain flat block colour. Cockpit and aircraft textures I still great.
I uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same problem.
Can anyone let me know what I may have done wrong and how to put it right please?
Thanks

dvslats
March 22nd, 2016, 02:51
Hello Oliver,

You stated "Since looking at the scenery files I now have no ground or sea texture just plain flat block colour."

Did you change something in the scenery files?

Also, what version of microsoft windows are you using? 7,8, or 10?

The more information the better we will be able to help. :encouragement:

Dave

No Dice
March 22nd, 2016, 06:45
Oliver, did you add anything after the original install ??

Oliver
March 22nd, 2016, 12:04
Thanks for getting back on this.
My system is using Windows 8.

I tried to install some downloaded UK scenery. That's when my problem started. The added scenery does not show up and the textures have gone from the sea and land and the beach effect has gone. Runways show white!

I uninstalled, reinstalled but the problem was still there. In fact all the settings were as I had them before I uninstalled which seems odd.

No Dice
March 22nd, 2016, 12:24
Many times when you uninstall, CFS2 will only remove the original stuff, leaving behind the additions.

Try using your windows explorer after the uninstall and make sure everything is gone.

Sorry , I know nothing about windows 8.........But I have had that problem on older versions,

Dave

Oliver
March 22nd, 2016, 13:15
Thanks No Dice!

Did as you suggested uninstalled. Searched and cleared out all remaining CFS2 data and bingo! All restored.:applause: Owe you a beer:ernaehrung004:

No Dice
March 22nd, 2016, 13:39
Glad we could help sir,
That is why this is the best community going.

I have been helped a few thousand times myself.

Enjoy your future flights.

Dave