PDA

View Full Version : AutoTower type program for FSX

PhantomP
March 17th, 2016, 15:39
I use to use a program using fs9 which I am sure some of you are familiar with called AutoTower,it basically automatically finds the best view from the airport towers you pass by,but sadly there is no FSX version,so I was wondering if there is any freeware program like it for FSX.Thanks

Lane Street
March 17th, 2016, 17:32
It is built into FSX.

Right click on the screen and one of your options will be Tower.

You can then select the Nearest Airport or one of several close by airports.

cheers,
Lane

falcon409
March 18th, 2016, 00:00
It is built into FSX.

Right click on the screen and one of your options will be Tower.

You can then select the Nearest Airport or one of several close by airports.

cheers,
Lane
I'll have to try that, but I don't think that does what AutoTower did in FS9. If I remember right, you could do preset positions for anywhere on the airport that best suited the view you wanted to view landing on. In FSX, selecting the tower view only gives you whatever the current tower position is for "that" particular tower as set by the AFCAD. I've found those to be lacking as sometimes, with default towers you're sitting behind trees and never see the aircraft until it has landed and taxied beyond the treeline. . .or it's set so high that it looks like you're standing on a very, very tall building in downtown NY watching a plane land below you.

PhantomP
March 18th, 2016, 01:32
Thanks for your answer Lane Street,and,falcon409 you took the words right out of my mouth,I coudn't agree with you more.

Dangerous Beans
March 18th, 2016, 03:46
I'm fairly sure you can do that with EZDOK

Dangerousdave26
March 18th, 2016, 04:58
As the .exe program (I never tried the dll file) AutoTower works with FSX.

Simply start AutoTower after you start FSX.

I have always run it on a machine that also had FS9 installed so it was probably using the database of airports it generated for FS9. Still it worked fine.