PDA

View Full Version : New Runway Textures Pack

shphawk
March 9th, 2016, 03:27
Hi everyone. I was hoping to get a little more constructive criticism. I know the rust and worn green paint aren't right, and they are being worked on. What else do you think? Did the planks extend out the sides like saw teeth? I still plan to make more than a couple variants. Thanks.

ShpHawK
Chuck

UncleTgt
March 9th, 2016, 03:57
shphawk, they look just fine as they are. I like the shading & colouring as you have it. Well done!:applause:

Marston Mat PSP

http://pacificwrecks.com/airfields/landing_matt/index.html

An interesting reference, that shows the Japs at least tried it out at Rabaul. I guess the material & shipping space requirements quickly put paid to any further advances.

PS. I'm not entirely sure we could model the Jap version at Lakunai without making all the Sims PSP runway surfaces look like that, so I'm not advocating you spend time on a Jap version - I just wanted to share:mixed-smiley-010:

dvslats
March 9th, 2016, 05:00
Hi everyone. I was hoping to get a little more constructive criticism. I know the rust and worn green paint aren't right, and they are being worked on. What else do you think? Did the planks extend out the sides like saw teeth? I still plan to make more than a couple variants. Thanks.

ShpHawK
Chuck

I'll second UncleTgt's post. Really do not see any problems.

On the topic of color...steel manganese alloy is blue gray fresh out of the mill. Manganese inhibits rust but in time it will oxidize. No flaking, but more of a brown patina in the surface. (combined in blue gray)
Couldn't help the pickiness, been in the metal working trade me whole life.

Nice work shphawk. :encouragement:

gaucho_59
March 9th, 2016, 05:21
I am sorry I wasn't around much this week... had some problems to solve in real life...
I think great progress you have made... perhaps, manipulating a bit those dark demarcating lines could really
do it some good... if you send me your final (up to now) tile, I'll work on creating an illusion of a thinner line by
manipulating vector lines... they can be made so tenuous the seem thinner... AT ANY RATE, YOUR STUFF IS
FAR MORE CREDIBLE THAN THE STOCK STUFF!!!!

Congrats,
G.

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2016, 16:53
I agree as well.

PSP matts were painted an olive drab with a zinc chromate primer undercoat. I've seen a picture somewhere but I can't find it again.

Never mind - found it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35859&stc=1

shphawk
March 9th, 2016, 17:56
shphawk, they look just fine as they are. I like the shading & colouring as you have it. Well done!:applause:

Marston Mat PSP

http://pacificwrecks.com/airfields/landing_matt/index.html

An interesting reference, that shows the Japs at least tried it out at Rabaul. I guess the material & shipping space requirements quickly put paid to any further advances.

PS. I'm not entirely sure we could model the Jap version at Lakunai without making all the Sims PSP runway surfaces look like that, so I'm not advocating you spend time on a Jap version - I just wanted to share:mixed-smiley-010:

Thanks UncleTgt. I appreciate the kind words. After all is said and done, I may give the Japanese matting a try. I would love it if one of the folks adept with scasm could extract the basic runways from the bgl's so that we could apply more variations of the texture if that is indeed possible. It would be nice to have a damageable runway too if that is also possible.

ShpHawK
Chuck

shphawk
March 9th, 2016, 17:59
I'll second UncleTgt's post. Really do not see any problems.

On the topic of color...steel manganese alloy is blue gray fresh out of the mill. Manganese inhibits rust but in time it will oxidize. No flaking, but more of a brown patina in the surface. (combined in blue gray)
Couldn't help the pickiness, been in the metal working trade me whole life.

Nice work shphawk. :encouragement:

Thanks Dvslats. I tried to google "steel manganese alloy" but I didn't find an image that showed the color accurately enough. Any help would be appreciated.

ShpHawK
Chuck

shphawk
March 9th, 2016, 18:03
I am sorry I wasn't around much this week... had some problems to solve in real life...
I think great progress you have made... perhaps, manipulating a bit those dark demarcating lines could really
do it some good... if you send me your final (up to now) tile, I'll work on creating an illusion of a thinner line by
manipulating vector lines... they can be made so tenuous the seem thinner... AT ANY RATE, YOUR STUFF IS

Congrats,
G.

Thanks buddy. I could not have gotten this far without your help. I use Paint.Net for a lot of the editing, and I have the file saved in layers. If need be I can save each layer as a bmp or jpg. What will work best for you? Thanks for the kudos, you know far more than I do, I just got lucky this time.

ShpHawK

shphawk
March 9th, 2016, 18:08
I agree as well.

PSP matts were painted an olive drab with a zinc chromate primer undercoat. I've seen a picture somewhere but I can't find it again.

Never mind - found it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35859&stc=1

Thanks Captain Kurt. I've seen that photo, and another similar one that may have been taken by the same person. Unfortunately, because it was cloudy, the colors are too dark. I have OD green in my palette, but the color of the primer is a bit of a mystery. Is it that brighter green aircraft primer that has a slight yellow tint? Thanks Capt.

ShpHawK
Chuck

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2016, 18:28
Hi Shphawk

Zinc chromate varies in color depending on the paint manufacturer. It's still produced today. It can be anywhere from a pale mustard yellow to a bright green with a yellow tint. The olive drab is an army truck / armor color, not the same color as army aircraft olive drab. More green to it than the aircraft version.

Hope that helps

Allen
March 9th, 2016, 19:00
Shphawk

The stock runways are something that I have vary little understand of and have been unable to duplicate. I have used BGL Analyze to disassemble the allrunways.bgl but it fails to re-assemble right. A converet to .sca and back to bgl with NO editing and CFS2 shows no runways at all stock airbases.

Also from the looks from the SCASM code the stock runways are not "editable" objects in the since that we can rebuild them in gmax or some other program. Below is the runway for the stock Espiritu Santo. Espiritu Santo is PSP.

; LatRange( S15:31:01.30 S15:30:44.72 )
; ----------------------------------------
; Object # 1, offset: 0x01C3 size: 45 bytes (0x002D)
;; Lat: 0FFE5AFE1h Lon: 076EA3F8Ch
Area( A S15:31:02.31 E167:13:27.35 100 )
Runway( S15:31:02.28 E167:13:27.35
Alt 21.0
Heading 0.0
Length 4248 ; in feet
Width 492 ; in feet
Markers 00
Id 0
Lights 0
Surface 42
Threshold 0
)
EndA

My guess is that the CFS2 runways are much like the FS98 style in that the center is stretched out and the ends caps are square. You can see this at the stock Midway where to keep the PSP runway center looking square MS had to lay many runways over each others.

shphawk
March 9th, 2016, 23:52

Congrats,
G.

Gaucho_59

I separated the layers into jpgs. You'll have to remove the white from each one in order to use them. I included the pdn file in case it's easier for you.

Thanks again.

Chuck

shphawk
March 10th, 2016, 00:13
Shphawk

The stock runways are something that I have vary little understand of and have been unable to duplicate. I have used BGL Analyze to disassemble the allrunways.bgl but it fails to re-assemble right. A converet to .sca and back to bgl with NO editing and CFS2 shows no runways at all stock airbases.

Also from the looks from the SCASM code the stock runways are not "editable" objects in the since that we can rebuild them in gmax or some other program. Below is the runway for the stock Espiritu Santo. Espiritu Santo is PSP.

Alt 21.0
Heading 0.0
Length 4248 ; in feet
Width 492 ; in feet
Markers 00
Id 0
Lights 0
Surface 42
Threshold 0
 )
EndA

My guess is that the CFS2 runways are much like the FS98 style in that the center is stretched out and the ends caps are square. You can see this at the stock Midway where to keep the PSP runway center looking square MS had to lay many runways over each others.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35868&stc=1

Thanks Allen. That is a bummer. I was hoping we could get at least three more runway textures working with the other 5 to give us a little more variety. Now I think I'm going to need a little program that can swap textures so that we can have some variety in a limited capacity. One thing I've realized during this little project is that we all like things a little different and I want to give a little something to everyone.

Chuck

dvslats
March 10th, 2016, 02:08
Thanks Dvslats. I tried to google "steel manganese alloy" but I didn't find an image that showed the color accurately enough. Any help would be appreciated.

ShpHawK
Chuck

Think this is a good representation. It has different variations of lighting.
Steel magnesium alloy, raw of the rollers.

Allen
March 10th, 2016, 09:09
shphawk
It may be possible to build new runways in gmax. We have the length and width of the stock runways but doing so for all stock runways would be a pain in the rear.

Shadow Wolf 07
March 10th, 2016, 10:28
shphawk
It may be possible to build new runways in gmax. We have the length and width of the stock runways but doing so for all stock runways would be a pain in the rear.

Indeed, it would be a long tedious pain.

I like the quality of the runway you show in the screenshots above.

Allen
March 10th, 2016, 11:21

That is the stock runways from above....

gaucho_59
March 10th, 2016, 11:47
Thanks buddy. I could not have gotten this far without your help. I use Paint.Net for a lot of the editing, and I have the file saved in layers. If need be I can save each layer as a bmp or jpg. What will work best for you? Thanks for the kudos, you know far more than I do, I just got lucky this time.

ShpHawK

Best to work with is extended bmp because you can work on a high def paint and then convert it to extended bmp without loss of detail...
and probably best of all... an extended bmp for each layer...

Ciao for now,
G.

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 03:00
Hi Shphawk

Zinc chromate varies in color depending on the paint manufacturer. It's still produced today. It can be anywhere from a pale mustard yellow to a bright green with a yellow tint. The olive drab is an army truck / armor color, not the same color as army aircraft olive drab. More green to it than the aircraft version.

Hope that helps

Thanks Capt Kurt, that does help. These pics are for you. You had suggested that I make the tracks on the dirt runway wider. I'm not completely satisfied, but I think it's an improvement.

ShpHawK
Chuck

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 03:52
Think this is a good representation. It has different variations of lighting.
Steel magnesium alloy, raw of the rollers.

Thanks man. That really does help. We all see color differently, and apparently so does Google.

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 03:53
shphawk

That would be a lot of work, but I'll consider giving it a shot. Right now, working on four mods is enough. Lol

Chuck

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 03:54

Thanks Shadow Wolf 07.

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 03:56
Best to work with is extended bmp because you can work on a high def paint and then convert it to extended bmp without loss of detail...
and probably best of all... an extended bmp for each layer...

Ciao for now,
G.

I'll get some bitmaps uploaded as soon as I am able. Thanks Gaucho.

Chuck

Captain Kurt
March 11th, 2016, 10:51
Shphawk

I think the dirt looks much better now.

No Dice
March 11th, 2016, 13:40
Shphawk

I am with CK, great job on the dirt, no further work required,

Dave

Allen
March 11th, 2016, 14:43
That would be a lot of work, but I'll consider giving it a shot. Right now, working on four mods is enough. Lol

Chuck

The hardest part may be geting a good texture.

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 18:17
Shphawk

Thanks Capt.

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 18:18
I am with CK, great job on the dirt, no further work required,

Dave

Thanks Mr. No Dice.

shphawk
March 11th, 2016, 18:20
The hardest part may be geting a good texture.

I think I can manage to make a good texture. We'll see. So far I have 11 different textures, What's one or two more? :biggrin-new:

Allen
March 11th, 2016, 18:28
I looked into the PSP and something about 3 in holes don't work. I layed out a 10 feet by 15 inch like listed in the Coral and dirt runway textures thread and 29 holes across just don't fit.

shphawk
March 12th, 2016, 03:22
I looked into the PSP and something about 3 in holes don't work. I layed out a 10 feet by 15 inch like listed in the Coral and dirt runway textures thread and 29 holes across just don't fit.

With the texture size vs the runway size, there is no way to pull it off. The holes in my texture are 1 pixel in size and I used as many would fit. It's slightly off from scale, but it's as good as it is going to get.

TARPSBird
March 12th, 2016, 10:50
PSP has been used for fencing material in the Philippines ever since the war. I'd say you got the color just about right.

Captain Kurt
March 12th, 2016, 12:15
not really. That fencing is 70 years old now and all paint has rusted away over many years.

gaucho_59
March 12th, 2016, 12:32
Let us not get into Bizantine discussions over exact colors...

The weather in Phu Bai... Quang Tri... (I Corps) where I was, was totally different from Da Nang... less than 70 Km down South...
The Delta.... the coast in Vung Tau... Cam Rahm Bay.. etc. etc. ad nauseam... ALL DIFFERENT...
We had walkways... in our compound made with PSP planks... next door... the air base... on the runway... ALL FRIGGING DIFFERENT COLORS...
NO UNIFORM COLOR... GENERAL COLOR.. YES... BUT IN THE MUD during the monsoon... or sandy in the hot summer... ALL DIFFERENT!!!

Same applies to camo colors... more sun, less sun... on the coast... inland... NO TWO AIRCRAFT THE SAME...
In the final analysis... "rivet counting over colors" makes no frigging sense... The picture shown... looks just about the same as what I walked on
right out of my "hooch" back .... I hate to think how many years and good times ago... lol

G.

Allen
March 12th, 2016, 12:34
With the texture size vs the runway size, there is no way to pull it off. The holes in my texture are 1 pixel in size and I used as many would fit. It's slightly off from scale, but it's as good as it is going to get.

I tried to make a plank in gMax. My thought was to make a small but detailed plank than use it as master template to make large but simple sections.

shphawk
March 12th, 2016, 15:02
I tried to make a plank in gMax. My thought was to make a small but detailed plank than use it as master template to make large but simple sections.

Hey Allen. If you haven't already, download carepackage2.zip above and check out grid.jpg Look really close. The grid is so small that windows doesn't render it correctly zoomed out.

shphawk
March 12th, 2016, 15:46
PSP has been used for fencing material in the Philippines ever since the war. I'd say you got the color just about right.

not really. That fencing is 70 years old now and all paint has rusted away over many years.

I'm uploading the images that I've been pulling color from. One thing I've realized doing this is that no one solution is going to please everyone. What adds to your realism in the sim may detract from other peoples. I intend to include options in the final package. I've gotten input from several people and I'm trying to incorporate everyone's ideas. I'm am also uploading a rust free texture here so that anyone who wants to take a stab at it can try their luck. Thanks for the kudos and the constructive criticism. Ignore the runway66.jpg, SOH converts bmp's to jpg's.

ShpHawK

shphawk
March 12th, 2016, 19:50
Wondering if this is closer to what you were talking about. The new color kind of gives a good bare metal look.

gaucho_59
March 12th, 2016, 20:31
Wondering if this is closer to what you were talking about. The new color kind of gives a good bare metal look.

I think you are right down the alley with this one...
G.

shphawk
March 13th, 2016, 00:01
I think you are right down the alley with this one...
G.

Thanks Gaucho. Here are the BMP's you were asking for. Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week. they are 24 bit, but the image quality is lossless. As long as we don't resize anything or convert to a different format it should stay that way. I know you don't like my rust, and honestly I'm not satisfied either, but I have a lot of other little details to take care of and I may not get around to fixing it. I was thinking about including a paint kit with the package in case anyone wants to take a shot at it.

ShpHawK

shphawk
March 13th, 2016, 00:03
Does anyone know if there is a need to have every other plank offset so the edge of the runway looks like a saw blade, if you catch my meaning?

ShpHawK

dvslats
March 13th, 2016, 00:07

Exactly! :cheerful:

shphawk
March 13th, 2016, 00:29
Exactly! :cheerful:

Thanks man. Here are some screens of bare metal. I need to lighten the dark lines.

dvslats
March 13th, 2016, 00:42
Thanks man. Here are some screens of bare metal. I need to lighten the dark lines.

IMHO, after the dark lines are lightened, pack'er up and ship it!

The previous screens are great also. Maybe package both?
The user can choose, ya know?

gaucho_59
March 13th, 2016, 07:46
Does anyone know if there is a need to have every other plank offset so the edge of the runway looks like a saw blade, if you catch my meaning?

ShpHawK

IMHO, I think your work is great right now... and IN VIEW OF THE PROBLEMS RELATED TO SCALE, DETAIL LOSS, ETC. it might be WISE to let a sleeping dog lie... so to speak...
rather than run the risk of coming out with fuzzies, etc. in seeking this saw-tooth finishing touch... that could detract from the EXCELLENT work you have done... AND
at any rate... probably IN TERMS OF SCALE... would really be invisible to the naked eye in real life once the aircraft is 100 fr. off the ground...

Kudos again,
G.

Robert John
March 13th, 2016, 08:28
Would lod models with detail texture at lod_100 and less detail at say lod_050 achieve what you are after.
RJ.

Allen
March 13th, 2016, 11:43
Robert John
Nice to see you around!

The thing is these are just texture editing for the stock runway. Covering or alpha out the stocks and placing new with LODs is prob the only way to get really good looking PSP.

dvslats
March 13th, 2016, 18:36
Shphawk

Alt 21.0
Heading 0.0
Length 4248 ; in feet
Width 492 ; in feet
Markers 00
Id 0
Lights 0
Surface 42
Threshold 0
 )
EndA

Hey Allen, I'm curious if what you are saying here is similar to what Jaxon page (http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Downloads_Effects.html) states.
Scroll down to "textures".

Allen
March 13th, 2016, 19:30
Hey Allen, I'm curious if what you are saying here is similar to what Jaxon page (http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Downloads_Effects.html) states.
Scroll down to "textures".

SCASM and effects aren't related. CFS2's pre-placed runways look to be related to FS2000 runways but CFS2 runways use a new Surface that wasn't seen in FS2000. CFS2 Surface are 64 to 68. I found this bit of info in the FS2002 makeMDL.exe with a hex editor.

My guess is that at one time makeMDL.exe could place runways and all know types was listed but this was cut from the version we got but the text is still in the program. As for SCASM being unable to compile CFS2 runways. My guess is that CFS2 Surface numbers wasn't added to SCASM. All SCASM docs say that 9 is the last Surface.

Simply put we can't do any thing to the stock pre-placed runways but change there texture and we can't make more like them with the tools I know of.

dvslats
March 14th, 2016, 01:31
I see your point Allen. Thanks.

So then, besides the scasm coding, MS overlapped and stretched the runway66 texture to get the length and width needed.
My reason for bringing up Jaxon's page...I wonder if the whole texture is being used. In the section "textures" he shows the uv coordinates
to obtain a single image off of one .bmp with many images. But it seems it is.

I guess without a complete .bgl in a .sca file, there's no way of telling.

Dv

shphawk
March 14th, 2016, 17:21
SCASM and effects aren't related. CFS2's pre-placed runways look to be related to FS2000 runways but CFS2 runways use a new Surface that wasn't seen in FS2000. CFS2 Surface are 64 to 68. I found this bit of info in the FS2002 makeMDL.exe with a hex editor.

My guess is that at one time makeMDL.exe could place runways and all know types was listed but this was cut from the version we got but the text is still in the program. As for SCASM being unable to compile CFS2 runways. My guess is that CFS2 Surface numbers wasn't added to SCASM. All SCASM docs say that 9 is the last Surface.

Simply put we can't do any thing to the stock pre-placed runways but change there texture and we can't make more like them with the tools I know of.

This part of the conversation is a little over my head, so excuse my ignorance. I see a runway defined, like an AFD bgl, but I don't see an object defined like a textured polygon. Where would that be?

ShpHawK

Allen
March 14th, 2016, 19:48
The runway texture and how it acts (dirt, coral or PSP) is done by the Surface key.

http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_rwys.htm#rwy2k

Saddly the CFS2 surface types are not supported by SCASM. Also using the suppored type is not ideal. They use old .r8 files and are well look worse. They are more or less the same runways made for FS5 (pre Win95)

shphawk
March 16th, 2016, 14:11
The runway texture and how it acts (dirt, coral or PSP) is done by the Surface key.

http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_rwys.htm#rwy2k

Saddly the CFS2 surface types are not supported by SCASM. Also using the suppored type is not ideal. They use old .r8 files and are well look worse. They are more or less the same runways made for FS5 (pre Win95)

Thanks Allen. I get it now. I can see a couple of ways around it, but as you stated previously, they are all labor intensive. Maybe down the road, but right now, I'm not going to attempt it.

Chuck

shphawk
March 16th, 2016, 14:13
Hi everyone. I've spent the last two days ironing out the details on the runway texture package. We are nearly there.

ShpHawK

kwb737
March 16th, 2016, 14:43
Hi everyone. I've spent the last two days ironing out the details on the runway texture package. We are nearly there.

ShpHawK
Looking forward to it shphawk. Thank you.

shphawk
March 16th, 2016, 20:26
Howdy All!

I just wanted to let you all know that I posted the texture pack in cfs2 scenery today. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&keys=1&keyword=newrunwaytextures.zip

kwb737
March 16th, 2016, 21:10
Howdy All!

I just wanted to let you all know that I posted the texture pack in cfs2 scenery today. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&keys=1&keyword=newrunwaytextures.zip

I checked and they are not there yet shphawk.

shphawk
March 16th, 2016, 22:55
I checked and they are not there yet shphawk.

Sorry guy. They are up now.

kwb737
March 16th, 2016, 23:15
Sorry guy. They are up now.

Sorry shphawk, but still nothing. :(

shphawk
March 17th, 2016, 00:20
Sorry shphawk, but still nothing. :(

That's really weird. I was able to download it from my other computer and my phone.

UncleTgt
March 17th, 2016, 01:10
Give the Admins time to approve the upload, then everyone can see it. At the moment, only the uploader will be able to see it.

shphawk
March 17th, 2016, 05:40
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/749014581853024089.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: This pack contains 25 unique textures for the default runways in CFS2. Enjoy!:jump:

ShpHawK

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Replacement Runway Textures.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21046&catid=45)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
March 17th, 2016, 05:51
Shphawk,

Sorry, I had my head buried in the sand working on my Balkans project. I approved the upload just now. Thanks for all of your hard work on this, this represents another Quantum Leap for CFS2. Well done, sir! :applause: :ernaehrung004: :encouragement:

kwb737
March 17th, 2016, 07:49
That's really weird. I was able to download it from my other computer and my phone.

Got it shphawk!! They all look great and can't wait to experiment. Thank you!! :encouragement:

Shadow Wolf 07
March 17th, 2016, 09:37
Thank you sir. Much appreciated! :applause:

shphawk
March 17th, 2016, 15:57
Shphawk,

Sorry, I had my head buried in the sand working on my Balkans project. I approved the upload just now. Thanks for all of your hard work on this, this represents another Quantum Leap for CFS2. Well done, sir! :applause: :ernaehrung004: :encouragement:

No worries Mr. Rami. I got a little over excited. Thank you.

ShpHawK

shphawk
March 17th, 2016, 17:23
Got it shphawk!! They all look great and can't wait to experiment. Thank you!! :encouragement:

Glad to hear it, sorry for the delay. I got a little excited. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

shphawk
March 17th, 2016, 17:23
Thank you sir. Much appreciated! :applause:

Thanks Mr. Shadow Wolf 07. I hope you enjoy the textures.

kwb737
March 17th, 2016, 18:26
Glad to hear it, sorry for the delay. I got a little excited. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Love them!! Of the 5 different categories of runways 64 thru 68 I've already picked out my personal favorites and have them installed. Adds so much visually to the game. Thanks so much for all your work! :ernaehrung004:

dvslats
March 18th, 2016, 03:06
You've really done a nice job with these shphawk! :applause: :cheerful:

Still trying to make up my mind. For the PSP toss up between these two.
Or maybe I'll just swap 'em out given the mood of the day. Lol

Seaside Weathered

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1567/25250810023_05cf144b95_b.jpg

Inland New

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1671/25250810073_68fbefb2a8_b.jpg

Thanks for putting in the time you did on these. Sweet

Dave

kelticheart
March 18th, 2016, 03:17
Shphawk,.........Thanks for all of your hard work on this, this represents another Quantum Leap for CFS2. Well done, sir!

Shphawk,

I'll second ALL OF the above eagerly!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

KH :adoration:

shphawk
March 18th, 2016, 05:19
Love them!! Of the 5 different categories of runways 64 thru 68 I've already picked out my personal favorites and have them installed. Adds so much visually to the game. Thanks so much for all your work! :ernaehrung004:

Thank you very much. I'm so glad that you like the textures. I'd be curious to know which are your favorites.

ShpHawK

shphawk
March 18th, 2016, 05:25
I'm so glad you like them. I really feel like everyone put something in to the project and I was hoping that I put something in there for everyone. I may revisit and rework the textures at some point. I was also thinking that I need to make a little utility that can swap the textures easily so we don't have to choose. Thanks again for your input.

ShpHawK
Chuck

shphawk
March 18th, 2016, 05:26
Shphawk,

I'll second ALL OF the above eagerly!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

KH :adoration:

Thank you very much Kelticheart. I really hope you and everyone else enjoy them.

ShpHawK

beepee
March 18th, 2016, 07:24
Thanks so much Shphawk for all your work!
Your new runway textures are such a bigaddition to CFS2

Beepee

Captain Kurt
March 18th, 2016, 12:26
Love the options. Great work!

stuart277
March 18th, 2016, 19:11
Hi ShpHawK
They look great.:applause::applause::applause:
Thanks for your efforts on this one.
Cheers
Stuart

shphawk
March 19th, 2016, 05:15
Thanks so much Shphawk for all your work!
Your new runway textures are such a bigaddition to CFS2

Beepee

Thanks Beepee. The original textures were just plain ugly. I hope that you enjoy the new ones.

ShpHawK

shphawk
March 19th, 2016, 05:16
Love the options. Great work!

Thanks Capt Kurt. I was really hoping that you would like them. I couldn't have done it nearly as well without your input.

Chuck

shphawk
March 19th, 2016, 05:17
Hi ShpHawK
They look great.:applause::applause::applause:
Thanks for your efforts on this one.
Cheers
Stuart

Thank you very much Stuart277. Happy landings.

ShpHawK

MaskRider
March 20th, 2016, 00:00
Thanks ShpHawK for your stick-to-it-tiveness and to everyone else whose input helped see this project through!

Nice work!

MR
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-08.jpg
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-06.jpg
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-10.jpg
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-05.jpg

Rami
March 20th, 2016, 00:34
Chris,

Nice screenshots! Thanks for showing us what these new textures can do! :wavey:

shphawk
March 20th, 2016, 17:56
Thanks ShpHawK for your stick-to-it-tiveness and to everyone else whose input helped see this project through!

Nice work!

MR
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-08.jpg
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-06.jpg
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-10.jpg
http://www.mask-rider.net/MaskRider2008/resources/new-runways-05.jpg

I second what Rami said. Those are some nice screen shots. I haven't actually seen the runways next to some nice scenery. The dirt looks especially nice blending into the grass. My scenery is a disaster at the moment so it's really cool to see the runways in some nice looking locations. Thanks MaskRider.

Chuck

UncleTgt
March 21st, 2016, 01:58
Great to have so many options, & such an improvement over the originals. Well done!:redfire:

xavierb
March 21st, 2016, 14:37
Thanks Capt Kurt, that does help. These pics are for you. You had suggested that I make the tracks on the dirt runway wider. I'm not completely satisfied, but I think it's an improvement.

ShpHawK
Chuck

Excellent runway textures. Will try them. Keep up the good work!