PDA

View Full Version : Searching for SHA_Oriskany

leuen
March 15th, 2016, 13:49
I had the folder called SHA_Oriskany, but lost it with a crash. Unfortunately I couldn't find it anymore. There where some other CFS2 ships of this series. Does anyone knows where I could find them? Thanks for your help.

Bernard

Maxstuka
March 15th, 2016, 14:39
I do not know about SHA_Oriskany, sorry. never see it.

Fibber
March 15th, 2016, 16:20
.was a carrier that was done by LW. I believe that it may still be available at Simviation.

No Dice
March 15th, 2016, 18:21
I know it was made by the Virtual Navy group for CFS2 , no luck on my search yet though.

Dave

TARPSBird
March 15th, 2016, 22:31
leuen,
I have the original zip file for the Virtual Navy Oriskany, I am pretty sure it's the only CFS2 version that was made. I'll be happy to send it to you if you PM me your email address. "SHA_" is the default prefix for American ships in the CFS2 mdlnames.txt file but you can use model name "VN_ORISKANY" and it shows up in any mission.

leuen
March 16th, 2016, 01:39
Thanks for your replies.

@TARPSBird: I will send you a PM.

Bernard

Maxstuka
March 16th, 2016, 06:33
leuen,
I have the original zip file for the Virtual Navy Oriskany, I am pretty sure it's the only CFS2 version that was made. I'll be happy to send it to you if you PM me your email address. "SHA_" is the default prefix for American ships in the CFS2 mdlnames.txt file but you can use model name "VN_ORISKANY" and it shows up in any mission.

please upload it in SOH, and rami change the user by Vn team

Fibber
March 16th, 2016, 13:22
...I have two carriers that were done by LW. One is "SHA_Oriskany" and the other is "SHA_Intrepid". Is the following "Read-me" tha same that you have?

USS Oriskany for CFS2.
Original Google Sketchup model by Gacek converted for CFS2 by Lindsay Watt DP by SC7500.
Installation
Unzip to a temp location and place the SHA_Oriskany folder into you CFS2/Ships folder.
Open the mdlnames.txt in the main CFS2 folder and add the below line.
"SHA_Oriskany"=USS Oriskany

Copyright Notices.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN THESE FILES BE DISTRIBUTED OR UPLOADED TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE. COMMERCIAL USE OF THESE FILES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. THESE FILES CAN NOT BE USED IN ANY COMMERCIAL PRODUCT. THESE FILES CAN NOT BE DISTRIBUTED OR BUNDLED WITH ANY PROGRAM OR CD-ROM WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.
Feel free to contact me with any comments or suggestions at
mailto:info@lwdesigns.com.au
Visit my web site to keep up to date with the latest releases.
http://lwdesigns.com.au/forum

Copyright 2011 Lindsay Watt ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

leuen
March 16th, 2016, 13:24
That's the Oriskany I had before. It's quite more textured. This has been used as static AI with FS9.

Benard

Fibber
March 16th, 2016, 13:58
...say the magic words and these too can be yours!

No Dice
March 16th, 2016, 14:06
I will be happy to take a look at the VN and or LW versions.

Much appreciated,

Dave

dea14u@aol.com

Fibber
March 16th, 2016, 17:20
...any luck with those gauges I sent? Will send the ships to your addy. They are now on the ethernet highway..

No Dice
March 16th, 2016, 18:24
No Sir,

But you did send some extras that I did not have,
they may come in useful in the near future.

Thank you, your effort was above and beyond.

Have a great Saint Pats day,

Dave

Blood_Hawk23
March 17th, 2016, 15:32
I have LWs version. there are no textures. If you'd like it PM me. Saddly It can not be up loaded here.

Allen
March 17th, 2016, 17:02
WTF makes the Oriskany any different than any other angled deck essex? Re-paint the deck number of any other angled deck essex and prob solved.

bearcat241
March 17th, 2016, 20:00
WTF makes the Oriskany any different than any other angled deck essex? Re-paint the deck number of any other angled deck essex and prob solved.

And begin with her sister ship, VN_Bonnie (U.S.S. Bon Homme Richard CV-31), same class and same modernizations.

USS Oriskany (CVA-34) and Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) off Vietnam 1970

Fibber
March 19th, 2016, 15:22
..without appearing to be too stupid, or sarcastic, where is the VN_Bonnie to be found. I can't seem to locate it anywhere and I thought that I had most of the VN fleet.

No Dice
March 19th, 2016, 17:04
Coming soon my friend,

By the way, A big THANK YOU for all of your help and input.

Along with Bearcat and everyone else, much appreciated !!

Stay safe Sir

Dave

bearcat241
March 19th, 2016, 18:46
You're welcome Bro. I like this project. I grew up seriously on the images, newscasts and the hardware of the Vietnam war. In a fortunate turn for a lot of us, it ended the year before my HS graduation.

BTW, when are we gonna get into the Razbam Sandy's? We dabbled a bit with the A-1E, but what about the rest of the line?

Here's the 'Bonnie' for you Fibber...

Fibber
March 19th, 2016, 19:50
...got it!:encouragement: Thank you. ND.. NP any thing I have you can have. Just remember what I said in that missive I sent you. Tried to open a spoke about old file and lost my whole flash drive of everything doing with the era. Looks like almost 5 years down the byte hole.

No Dice
March 20th, 2016, 13:11
bearcat,

I finally have worked out most of the problems with the Panels on the Razbam Sandy's?

I hope to have them released within the next few days, then you can tear up that VC.

I fly 2D so I have to add one or two changes to the 2D and then should be ready to go.

Dave

PS to Fibber,
The FFS goes way back with LW and I have perms for most, he had a problem with SOH and left
and then fell off the face of the planet. I have no problem posting it...If he does, he will let me know.

Be safe my friend.

bearcat241
March 20th, 2016, 18:36
Well Dave, i didn't know you were into the whole line or i would have saved you the work long ago. As i mentioned already, this project - panels and all - was completed years ago when the Raz CFS2 Sandy line first debuted as payware. Back then, we worked out the bugs and all, which is where my collection now stands. But since the package was released as freeware, i can't attest to the trouble free nature of anything. Things like the panels may have been altered for FS8 and FS9 performance in addition to CFS2 compatibility.

I'm happy to assist you with anything related to the line from my collection.

CheerZ

bearcat241
March 21st, 2016, 05:08
Dave, i forgot to ask, have you been in touch with Razbam owner Ron ( aka Prowler1111) about any mods and uploading to your site? I guess i just assumed that you had after the A-1E upload.

leuen
April 1st, 2016, 00:53
Finally found the carrier on Cees Donker's website. It's called "SHA_Oriskany". Here as AI with FS9:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36593&stc=1