PDA

View Full Version : What are they hiding in the Netherlands?

srgalahad
March 12th, 2016, 08:33
I was wandering about in Google Earth this morning, looking for ideas and places to visit this spring when I chanced upon an interesting anomaly in the center of Noordwijk, NL.

There doesn't seem to be a secret klompen factory or other nefarious activity, but it certainly is a large camouflage net!

huub vink
March 12th, 2016, 09:18
Well as I'm living in Noordwijk in the Netherlands I know what they are hiding there, or better what was there which needed to be hidden....... :pop4:

But as it is still secret according to Google, I'm not sure I am allowed to tell........ :a1310:

However it was related to the Cold War, and the address is Hoogwakerboschstraat 12 Noordwijk. You can see it in streetview and it isn't more than a rather small office building. During the cold war it was the headquarter of the Dutch 5th pipeline division. Which was part of NATO pipeline organisation which pumped oil and gasoline through Europe. There were vaults and gas-proof rooms in the basement. They have all been removed.

Now food assistance is located there, which supports low income families.

Cheers,
Huub

srgalahad
March 12th, 2016, 14:17
Thanks Huub.

I started to think it might just have been a PSP layer you'd misplaced from one of your aircraft paints. :adoration: