PDA

View Full Version : Station location to release ordnance for Tacpack programming

docjohnson
March 11th, 2016, 09:32
Hi,

I recently modified the MAAM-SIM B-25 and SOH A-26 using Tacpack weapons. But one thing I can't find is how to program the actual location of the effects (tracer, shell casings, etc) and the Tacpack ordnance harpoints/stations. Take the A-26 as an example, the effects are coming out of the wing root and not the positions on the wing and nose where there are actual guns. It would also be nice to find a utility that will give me these numbers quickly on a given aircraft so the release point/gun barrels can be realistically added to each aircraft.

Anyone know of such a utility, or a method to determine these points (with pictures/examples if possible)?

Thanks in advance,

Doc

B-52 Aircrew 1981-1991

xpelekis
March 11th, 2016, 09:45
You've better be asking this at VRS forum, Tacpack Integration section.
I guess you'll get the answers you need over there. Good luck with
your project.

DaveWG
March 11th, 2016, 10:04
The position is set in the tacpack.ini for the aircraft, the offset parameter in the [Store_Station.x] sections.
See the VRS Wiki: http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_SDK#.5BStore_Station.N.5D

docjohnson
March 11th, 2016, 14:40
The position is set in the tacpack.ini for the aircraft, the offset parameter in the [Store_Station.x] sections.
See the VRS Wiki: http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_SDK#.5BStore_Station.N.5D

I have been over there and worked with gibo and I don't think they can answer it either, I'm pretty sure it was asked before and no one answered there. Vertigo Studios was ok with a Tacpack Mod for the F9F; but they couldn't help either and suggested this forum...

it shouldn't be that difficult to reproduce the 3 dimensional coordinate that goes with the station and its effect.

I'll try another forum...thanks though.

J

DaveWG
March 11th, 2016, 23:27
Dropped / fired weapons should spawn at those co-ords. Gun muzzle flash and tracer fx aren't part of Tacpack and need to be added separately as a light or smoke effect, so the co-ords for those will be in the aircraft.cfg.

hairyspin
March 11th, 2016, 23:46
Shades of Combat Flight Simulator 3... thanks for that!