PDA

View Full Version : Editvoicepack......am trying to use it, but....

Navy Chief
March 10th, 2016, 14:37
I have never used Editvoicepack, but am attempting to install a MAIW package into FSX. Part of the package (which in this case is the EP-3E) are some voicepack files: .vcpmod Call signs.

I installed the Editvoicepack program. Tried to import the .vcpmod files from the MAIW directory within the EP-3E file, but they are not "seen". I tried selecting all types of files, and then they showed up.

Anyway, are there some SOH members with experience with this program? I am clueless about it, or what to do.

I tried installing a MAIW package into FSX years ago, and got so frustrated, I gave up.

NC

airtj
March 10th, 2016, 15:53
Navy Chief,

Make sure that you back up the original FSX atc file located in the root directory Sound->ATC->USEnglish.evp.

The first thing you have to do is import the custom call sign into the program, launch the edit voice pack x and click file import modifications and located the .evpmod file. Next set is to update the Default FSX voice pack click file and choose update voice pack and choose the options you want, Voice Speed, ATC Phraseology it's either ICAO or international and click next, it will take a while, make sure that you save the settings before you exit. Then you have to go into the aircraft.cfg file and change some of the settings to get the call sign to work within ATC, I think the call sign goes here: atc_airline=custom callsign

Navy Chief
March 10th, 2016, 16:10
Navy Chief,

Make sure that you back up the original FSX atc file located in the root directory Sound->ATC->USEnglish.evp.

The first thing you have to do is import the custom call sign into the program, launch the edit voice pack x and click file import modifications and located the .evpmod file. Next set is to update the Default FSX voice pack click file and choose update voice pack and choose the options you want, Voice Speed, ATC Phraseology it's either ICAO or international and click next, it will take a while, make sure that you save the settings before you exit. Then you have to go into the aircraft.cfg file and change some of the settings to get the call sign to work within ATC, I think the call sign goes here: atc_airline=custom callsign

Well, I know I didn't back up the original, so I hope I haven't messed that up already. As for the rest of your instructions, I am already confused.......but thanks anyway:encouragement: NC

airtj
March 10th, 2016, 18:37
Navy Chief,

Whats the name of the MAIW file? You can use the restore feature in the edit voice pack program to restore the atc file or you can follow these instructions for edit voice pack.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Locate the folder “~/Sound/ATC” (where ~ represents the folder you installed Flight Simulator in).
Delete all the files in the folder, but leave the directory.
Insert Flight Simulator DVD 1.
Open the file D1Feat~6.cab on the DVD
Copy the largest file in the cab file to “~/Sound/ATC”
Rename the file to “USEnglishBig.gvp”.
Start Flight Simulator X and verify the ATC speech is working.

If it is not working the problem is most likely not linked to EditVoicepack, but could for example be a driver problem.
It it is working please run EditVoicepack again. If the problem returns please use the support options listed above to get assistance.