PDA

View Full Version : I Need HELP

HarleyDude
March 9th, 2016, 10:29
I need help. I've spent two day trying to track down the Vertigo Studios F8F Bearcat repaint of the Gulfhawk 1. The best I've been able to locate is that it was included in an expansion pack. I've tried registering on the Vertigo Studios website with negative results. Can anyone help me locate this repaint. All help would be appreciated. Thanks

WarHorse47
March 9th, 2016, 11:17
Hmmm.. not sure about that.

I've got the Bearcat, but don't recall any expansion pack nor Gulfhawk 1 paint.

I just logged into their site and checked out the product page and did a search and had no results on any expansion pack for the Bearcat.

The only other Bearcat I have is the Alpha Bleu version for FS9, and again no joy on any Gulfhawk paint.

If I come up with anything on a web search, I'll let you know.

UPDATE: According to another site, there was an expansion pack. Guess I missed it. Dang.

Willy
March 9th, 2016, 11:25
I don't have the Vertigo Bearcat, but there is a Gulfhawk paint for the old ABC one. I've got it somewheres in my stash (that was the main paint I flew the ABC Bearcat in FS9.

falcon409
March 9th, 2016, 11:38
I did find mention of the repaint you are looking for on the Avsim Forum. A guy by the name of "adam" did the repaint. . .very slick looking. When asked if it was available he said it was part of an expansion pack as you mention, however that seems to be a guarded secret by Vertigo, as there is no mention anywhere on their site of such a pack nor does it show on the product page or on any of the stores pages.

Willy
March 9th, 2016, 11:40
The ABC G-58 Gulfhawk (already had it in FSX)

falcon409
March 9th, 2016, 11:48
Willy, the Gulfhawk for the F8F Bearcat is exactly (more or less) like the one done for the Grumman F3F-2 Gulf Hawk (Orange livery).

TuFun
March 9th, 2016, 11:55
That was part of the expansion pack for the Bearcat.

You can see some pics at flightsim.com

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?289470-Grumman-Gulfhawk-G-58A-Bearcat

falcon409
March 9th, 2016, 12:00
That was part of the expansion pack for the Bearcat.

You can see some pics at flightsim.com

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?289470-Grumman-Gulfhawk-G-58A-Bearcat
Yes, as stated above. . .it's just that the expansion pack seems to be either gone, missing or hidden and requires a secret password to make it appear. . .lol

WarHorse47
March 9th, 2016, 12:31
Nuttin' like stirring the pot... :dizzy:

I just sent in a Support Ticket on the Bearcat asking about the Expansion Pack. Stay tuned...

falcon409
March 10th, 2016, 02:14
Hopefully you'll hear back soon. I am also curious now. I've had the Bearcat for some time now but never knew there was an expansion pack. Odd that it doesn't show anywhere on their site or the various Stores that carry their products.

DaveB
March 10th, 2016, 03:21
If it's anything like the Avenger Expansion pack.. I don't think it appeared at Vertigo at all. The Avenger Expansion Pack was produced by Digital Studios (if I remember correct) and the only place I ever found it on sale was at Flightstore. It appears that even this has gone but is alive and well in the DVD version which boasts an additional 20 liveries (the DL version came with 7). I've never seen such a pack for the Bearcat.

EDIT: This assumption might be wrong you know. Thinking about it, the Avenger Expansion Pack contained only 12 paints.. 2 Brit and 10 American. It may just be that the additional 20 paints were there on the DVD version all the time. Whatever.. the only expansion pack I know of for the Avenger was the Digital Studios pack of 12.
ATB
DaveB:)

mikewmac
March 10th, 2016, 05:29
If it's anything like the Avenger Expansion pack.. I don't think it appeared at Vertigo at all. The Avenger Expansion Pack was produced by Digital Studios (if I remember correct) and the only place I ever found it on sale was at Flightstore. It appears that even this has gone but is alive and well in the DVD version which boasts an additional 20 liveries (the DL version came with 7). I've never seen such a pack for the Bearcat.

EDIT: This assumption might be wrong you know. Thinking about it, the Avenger Expansion Pack contained only 12 paints.. 2 Brit and 10 American. It may just be that the additional 20 paints were there on the DVD version all the time. Whatever.. the only expansion pack I know of for the Avenger was the Digital Studios pack of 12.
ATB
DaveB,

I bought the VS Avenger boxed version recently on sale and it says on the box that it includes 20 extra textures.:encouragement:

DaveB
March 10th, 2016, 05:47
DaveB,

I bought the VS Avenger boxed version recently on sale and it says on the box that it includes 20 extra textures.:encouragement:

Ahh.. that must be it Mike. I've tried looking into the Avenger Expansion pack file but like the Vertigo website.. it gives no detail on what the paints are. I know I only got it for the 2 Brit skins (which I found out about by accident) which makes £2.50 per skin a bit steep:dizzy: Needs must!! By the time the Vertigo models had dropped to a £1 each for the CD versions at Flightstore.. I'd got em all (from there as it happens and heavily discounted though NOT a quid!):encouragement:

There used to be links at Vertigo for a Crunchie paint for their Stearman though clicking on it produced nothing. I see the download/freeware page as now gone. This proves one thing of course.. Vertigo are still alive all be it perhaps on life support.
ATB

falcon409
March 11th, 2016, 04:36
:bump:I was also going to post a help ticket, however they require invoice#, installation Key and a birth certificate in order to do so and all that info is in my account information on the Store site I purchased their aircraft from. . . .which is down for maintenance (actually it looks more like they've closed shop but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here) so I'm hoping they answer WH's question sometime in the next few months and maybe before the turn of the next century we'll know something. Actually, even though the expansion pack may have been done by an outside concern, there should have been a link to it on their site.

mikewmac
March 11th, 2016, 05:34
:bump:I was also going to post a help ticket, however they require invoice#, installation Key and a birth certificate in order to do so and all that info is in my account information on the Store site I purchased their aircraft from. . . .which is down for maintenance (actually it looks more like they've closed shop but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here) so I'm hoping they answer WH's question sometime in the next few months and maybe before the turn of the next century we'll know something. Actually, even though the expansion pack may have been done by an outside concern, there should have been a link to it on their site.
It sure looks like they may be closed at least for now if not forever. They have a warning that the boxed versions of their aircraft on sale at the FlightStore are part of a clearance sale and may be older models so a buyer should buy directly from them to assure getting the latest versions, but if you try to do that you find that their outlet store is closed and has been for some time. Go figure?

falcon409
March 11th, 2016, 06:16
It sure looks like they may be closed at least for now if not forever. They have a warning that the boxed versions of their aircraft on sale at the FlightStore are part of a clearance sale and may be older models so a buyer should buy directly from them to assure getting the latest versions, but if you try to do that you find that their outlet store is closed and has been for some time. Go figure?
I sent a PM to the artist who did the Gulfhawk livery. Maybe he might be able to shed some insight.

HarleyDude
March 11th, 2016, 06:32
Thank You to all who are helping track down this aircraft. I really appreciate your efforts. HD

falcon409
March 14th, 2016, 03:41
Just a quick HU. I was able to contact "Adam" on flightsim.com. He was the artist who did the Gulfhawk livery. his reply was that it appears that the expansion pack was "taken down" and is no longer available, but did not offer to make his livery available as an alternative. It may be that he is unable to do this due to a contractual agreement made with Vertigo. However, I did pose that very question to him since he did not offer on his own.

If he replies in the affirmative, I'll let you know. . .otherwise it would appear that it is no longer available and unless Vertigo sees fit to reply to any correspondence, which they seem to not want to do, then you can consider it closed and up to you or anyone else who wants it to do it yourself.

HarleyDude
March 14th, 2016, 04:05
Falcon, Thanks for the update. Lets keep our fingers crossed. It would be a shame to loss such nice work. HD

falcon409
March 14th, 2016, 18:26
It appears that it is gone. Unless Vertigo wakes up and answers my question, we won't get it through them. The final option, and I have absolutely no qualms about asking it either, is if someone who has that livery is willing to share it. As far as I'm concerned, Vertigo has pulled it. . .the reason is anybodies guess. . .they have basically shut down for a year or more and may not return at all. Those of us who have that airplane should be permitted the use of at least this one livery.

HarleyDude
March 14th, 2016, 19:02
Falcon, I agree. It would be a shame to loose this beautiful work. Maybe the author would be willing to release it on a request only basis or allow us to add it to the library with all the proper annotations. Let us hope that Vertigo Studios will allow the author to release this work or they themselves would do so. I for one have purchased five of their offerings and plan to purchase at least one more. It seems a small thing to ask.