PDA

View Full Version : La Rochelle airport

Robert John
March 6th, 2016, 13:48
Hi Rami,

Just installed TB_La_Rochelle and wondering why JHS_Italy_revised.

The Port of La Rochelle & the city are easily accessible from Achim’s airfield located approximately five miles inland from the U-boat facilities. To avoid any GSL conflicts, please make sure to install these bases before you attempt to install the GSL file for La Rochelle.

Location: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=45&id=3354 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=3354)

I thought it may be in a French airport scenery file!!!

I Will start looking for a French Scenery that may have French airports in.

Regards,

RJ

Rami
March 7th, 2016, 01:34
Hey RJ!

Good morning. Well, let me answer the Italy question first.

When Achim put out some of his original bases, they were designed to mesh with the stock texture files, so in Sander's ETO setup they stuck out like sore thumbs. So he later revised the bitmaps to blend in much better with the ETO texture files.

Now, as the description says, not only did he overhaul the bitmaps, but he also added a handful of bases in northern Italy to better represent available airbases in the Po River valley, where Kelticheart lives. So there are many more airfields in that package than there were before.

As far as bases are concerned, the majority of them are by Achim27619 for Europe. Canion did the bomber base at Waddington, there are the Bob-era bases by Gary Burns, the B-17 bases included in the B-17 ex-donationware package, merlin2 did Banff, Captain Kurt did Kings Cliffe and Salzwedel for my 20th FG campaign and St Eval for his 82nd FG campaign, (along with a good handful of others in France and Germany for his Jagsgeschwader and 354th campaigns) and Davmag did Oldenburg in Germany.

Kdriver also sent me some bases in England as gifts: Barrow-in-Furness, Marham, Calshot, Pembroke Dock, Middleton St. George, and Beccles. I could make them available to you if needed.

For that matter, Kdriver and Captain Kurt also sent me additional bases in France for the Battle of France campaign project that is second down on the list after the Balkans and one promise I have to keep for Dombral.

Now to your second question: La Rochelle, along with the other scenery packages by Tobob that I collaborated on, are scenery enhancements. The GSL gob for Achim's La Rochelle airfield is included in the package so they won't override each other, but as a general rule, please install the airfields first, and then add on my ETO ports and the appropriate packages by Tobob.

If you want, I can send you all of the current ETO scenery enhancements I have complete. There are a TON I have not released at SOH yet. I am hell-bent on finishing the Balkans project and releasing it before 6 April, then I will have one more major thing to do in the Med before returning to Europe.

This is where I was at the last place I stopped...

Austria: Wiener Neustadt (1)

Belgium: Antwerp, Ghent, Liege. (3)

England: Avonmouth, Barrow-in-Furress, Birmingham, Bristol, Calshot, Central London, Coventry, Dover, Flamborough Head, Gosport, Harwich, Hull, Liverpool, Lowestoft, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Pembroke Dock, Portland, Portsmouth, Ramsgate, Rochester, Sheffield, Southampton, Thames Estuary, Ventnor. (25)

France: Bordeaux, Boulogne, Brest, Calais, Chalons-sur-Marne, Cherbourg, Commercy, Corbie, Coulommiers, Dunkerque, Fontaine-les-Boulins, Gien, Guemy, La Possonerie, Le Creusot, Le Havre, Lorient, Montargis, Montjean-sur-Loire, Nantes, Perrone, Poitiers, Saint-Lo, Saint Quentin, St. Malo, Sully-sur-Loire, Tours, Yvrench. (28)

Germany: Emden, Hamburg, Regensburg, Rheine, Salzwedel, Wilhelmshaven. (6)

Holland: Almelo, Arnhem, Enschede, Hengelo, Volendam. (5)

Iceland: Reykjavik. (1)

Italy: Genoa, Turin. (2)

Northern Ireland: Belfast (1)

Norway: Andalsnes, Bergen, Bodoe, Namsos, Narvik, Stavanger, Tromso. (7)

Poland: Gotenhafen. (1)

Scotland: Aberdeen, Gourock, Greenock, Lerwick, Oban, Port of Glasgow. (6)

Ports to improve / relocate - Amsterdam, Bembridge.

Ports / Cities to do - Berlin, Cardiff, Copenhagen, Cowes / East Cowes, Dieppe, Edinburgh, Firth of Forth, Glasgow, Newcastle, Nottingham, Oslo, Plymouth, Poole, Scapa Flow, Sunderland, Swansea, Sullom Voe, Trondheim, Weymouth.

Robert John
March 8th, 2016, 06:20
Hi Rami,

Thanks for the reply, looks like CFS2 is still growing and is looking better than ever, I am glad I have built up a vast knowledge of adding scenery, knowing what is needed and leaving what is not makes it so much easier.

This install is the best one yet, you make it so much easier, thank you for all your hard work, I am only working on the ETO at the moment so I am only interested in addons for that theatre.

I would like the current ETO scenery enhancements you have completed.

Hoping to get into designing objects for cfs2 again, I cannot remember where I was up to although I will start rebuilding the old cfs1 library again shortly.

bye for now,
RJ